What articles and features of Mothering issue #154 did you enjoy? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What articles and features of Mothering issue #154 did you enjoy?
Attachment Theory In Everyday Life 38 100.00%
A Quiet Place Case Closed: Breast is Best 34 100.00%
Letters 15 100.00%
What's Kickin'? 3 25.00%
Art of Mothering 9 75.00%
A Child's World: A Little Mermaid Tail 5 41.67%
When Little Piggie Went To The Spa 12 100.00%
In His Own Words: An Empty Fullness 7 58.33%
Ways of Learning: Three Frog Nights 15 100.00%
Cool Stuff: Focus on Fathers 9 75.00%
Strokes of Genuis 0 0%
Living Treasure: Richard Moskowitz 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

#1 of 19 Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mothering would like your opinion on the articles you enjoyed most in the May-June 2009 issue #154 of Mothering Magazine. Please vote for the articles you enjoyed in issue #154. Feel free to post your input about the articles as well as other things you might like to share about issue #154. Thanks

Please keep in mind the forum guidelines when posting

Quote:
**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ**
Posting Guidelines
Welcome! Mothering Magazine would like your opinion. We've created this forum to hold polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.

Peggy will be reading these polls, so this is a great opportunity for everyone to give their thoughts and opinions on the current issue of the magazine. We will create a poll for each issue of the Magazine.

Please note
  • This forum is ONLY for polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.
  • Only one post per member, per poll.
  • Please do not attempt to start threads in this forum as it is moderated and they will be deleted without notice.
  • Please keep your posts on topic with the poll; this is not a place to air your grievances or chitchat.
  • Please do not quote or comment on another members post. We are interested in your personal opinion.
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts and opinions.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 05-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Attachment Theory really spoke to me. I don't always seem to fulfill what I see the role of the 'attachment parent' being. Frustration, little sleep, or a long day can take a toll on my 'sensitivity' and definitely plays a roll in my 'responsiveness'.
Reading the article, with my daughter sleeping tucked up next to me, definitely struck a chord, and reminded me what an important role I have in my daughter's life right now, and that every time I respond to her (or fail to), I affect her in more than just the moment.
My daugher is likely just as frustrated with me as I am with her at those times, and I am now reminding myself when we have a tough part of the day, and things just don't seem to be running smoothly, that I truly need to step back and try to understand things from her perspective.

{For the record, I also loved the article Breast is Best as well, but DD unchecked the box while I was hitting submit!}
#3 of 19 Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 AM

Attachment Theory In Everyday Life...
This article was AMAZING. And once again Mothering delivered just what I needed at the time I needed it.

I have a 5 month old and have been going through a bit of a crisis of confidence about attachment parenting. I went back and read some of the scientific studies supporting it in "The Fussy Baby Book" (Sears), then this article arrived. I feel so much better and it helped me remember why I chose to parent this way in the first place.

Thank you Mothering...

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)

#4 of 19 Old 05-05-2009, 05:21 PM

loved the attachement article....I read it for the first time (have already read it like 3 times!!) while my 9m son was sleeping on my lap. This article gave me the confidence that what I have been doing with him is right!! And I dont need to feel belittled by other's when they say I am "spoiling" him. Since he was born I have "felt" what he needed, and that was to be held, attended to when crying at any time, sleep in our room, he now sleeps in bed with us when he wants, and always be there for him at all times.

I have had others tell me I need to CIO, no more naps on Mommy etc......and this article reinforced my thinking that these things are not for my son and I.

Thank you for a wonderful article, sure I'll read it again!!:
#5 of 19 Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 PM

I liked Peggy's column, the Attachment Parenting article and the letters, especially the concerns and answers about the co-sleeping article. The images in the attachment parenting article were also amazing.

Gotta share, though...this is the second month in a row that ds has spilled something on my magazine...last month I had read through it all and it was sitting on the kitchen table, this month I had just gotten it and was reading it after dinner when the water bottle got knocked over on it. Poor little guy, he felt really bad and wanted to know if Daddy could take it out in the shop and fix it.

Now that it's dried, I will get to read the rest of it

Vegan, mom to : Joe and Josh ::
#6 of 19 Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 AM

I loved the Attachment Theory article. It really reaffirmed the principles I'm already committed to as a parent, and provided evidence for them. I definitely think it's true that you can only give what you've been given, or what you've given yourself through emotional healing. The only thing I wish is that the article would've given some clues as to how attachment can be repaired when the parent, due to their own upbringing, has made mistakes with it!

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#7 of 19 Old 05-08-2009, 10:53 AM

The attachment theory article was amazing. My husband and I read it together out loud and loved it. Days later, we are still having meaningful, intense converstations based on what we read. We both appreciate the content and are affirmed in our beliefs of attachment parenting. Thanks Mothering :

Liz ~wife to an amazing man~mama to 2 beautiful sons~trodding through babylon~ loving JAH~rainbow1284.gif

#8 of 19 Old 05-09-2009, 09:01 AM

I was absolutely thrilled to see the article on attachment theory. As a young mother to a small babe (6 months), I find myself the target of a lot of well-meaning but none the less unwanted and unhelpful advice. After reading, I wondered if you were spying on me! Last issue's articles on sleep were perfectly timed for me, and now this just as I am being overwhelmed with doubts. Thank you Mothering for always striking just the right chord.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#9 of 19 Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 PM

I found it hard to choose but the Breast is Best was the most touching and reaffirming for me. I have met with such oppostion from family. I made copies and mailed them to the people that have been telling me to use formula. Some have even apologized to me!

Wife to a wonderful husband and mother to DS. Expecting LO (April 17, 2009)
#10 of 19 Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 AM

I loved the AP article and the co-sleeping response in letters, but the breastfeeding article really opened my eyes. Coming from a family that is so supportive of it, I just never realized how far we have to go and just how important lactivism is. Thank you Peggy!!
#11 of 19 Old 06-02-2009, 11:48 PM

I LOVED the Freak Salon article! I really like getting creative inspiration from families who share common values. It's nice to feel part of a larger community and find common ground in parenting pursuits beyond the basic sleeping/ nursing/ nurturing ideals we all share.
As a TV free homeschooling mama who is always looking for entertainment outside the mainstream, this article hit the spot!
:

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#12 of 19 Old 06-06-2009, 12:57 AM

I have been struggling with sleep deprivation for the past two months with a baby that slept 5-6 hours at a time as a newborn but now (as a 1 year old) wants to nurse and kick me in the head all night! When recently sharing with non-AP friends that my firstborn didn't sleep the night through until past his second birthday, I was met with shock and disbelief. I began to wonder why on earth I was keeping baby close at night when all it did was seem to wake her.

Your article Attachment Theory met every one of my second-guesses with resounding answers and evidence. It was wonderfully in-depth and a great reminder as to why I continue to sacrifice my sleep, shower and personal time. I shared it with every person I knew would take the time to read it.

::: Mama to Feingold target: Sebastian(10/05) and Savannah, my allergy princess (b 6/08). Avoiding dairy, corn, soy, oats, sesame, eggs, nuts, seafood, and banana
#13 of 19 Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I really enjoyed the Attachment parenting article. I have not met as much active resistance from family or friends nor did we set out to parent with AP in mind-we just kind of fell into it with our entire lifestyle. It helped remind me that our lifestyle is a good thing and that even having to leave her in daycare while we are in daycare is ok, especially in light of the rest of our parenting.
Thanks so much! I'm always so excited to find that the new Mothering made it to the Co-Op!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Farming mama to DD1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(10/18/07), DD2
(10/3/09) who are always 
DS born 8.21.14
and wife to loving hubby
(6/23/2007).
#14 of 19 Old 06-24-2009, 03:07 AM

Attachment Theory In Everyday Life.
My wife loved this article. Thank you for that.
#15 of 19 Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtony View Post
Attachment Theory In Everyday Life.
can i find this article online? i would love to read it but dont have the mothering-magazine (live in germany

Me with the wonder of my life (2/06) * : * : * * * ...surfin' together on the wave of life : ...
#16 of 19 Old 07-09-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooopsy View Post
can i find this article online? i would love to read it but dont have the mothering-magazine (live in germany
you can subscribe to a digital edition of the magazine, way cheaper than having it sent overseas.
#17 of 19 Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 AM

#18 of 19 Old 07-17-2009, 07:50 PM

i don't know.. I still haven't got mine yet, although our grocery store has had it for weeks.
#19 of 19 Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyno View Post
i don't know.. I still haven't got mine yet, although our grocery store has had it for weeks.
me either. I've been stalking my mailman, but no mag yet

proud mama to: DD (8/02), DS (12/03), DS (11/06), DS (9/09) and pos.gif EDD 11/1

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page