What articles and features of Mothering issue #159 did you enjoy? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What articles and features of Mothering issue #159 did you enjoy?
A Quiet Place: My son a father 11 78.57%
Your Letters 15 100.00%
Voices from MotheringDotCommunity 7 50.00%
What's Kickin'? News you won't get anywhere else 9 64.29%
The Purple Princes Boy Bike 21 100.00%
Your Indoor Playground 24 100.00%
Maiden's Moon 29 100.00%
A Planet Friendly Period 41 100.00%
Mayan Womb Massage 29 100.00%
Your Kitchen Medicine Cabinet 22 100.00%
The Power of Kudzu 6 42.86%
Fictional Universes 6 42.86%
Strokes of Genius 3 21.43%
Living Treasure Elizabeth Gilmore 10 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

#1 of 21 Old 03-08-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mothering would like your opinion on the articles you enjoyed most in the March-April 2010 issue #159 of Mothering Magazine. Please vote for the articles you enjoyed in issue #159. Feel free to post your input about the articles as well as other things you might like to share about issue #159. Thanks

Please keep in mind the forum guidelines when posting

Quote:
**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ**
Posting Guidelines
Welcome! Mothering Magazine would like your opinion. We've created this forum to hold polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.

Peggy will be reading these polls, so this is a great opportunity for everyone to give their thoughts and opinions on the current issue of the magazine. We will create a poll for each issue of the Magazine.

Please note
  • This forum is ONLY for polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.
  • Only one post per member, per poll.
  • Please do not attempt to start threads in this forum as it is moderated and they will be deleted without notice.
  • Please keep your posts on topic with the poll; this is not a place to air your grievances or chitchat.
  • Please do not quote or comment on another members post. We are interested in your personal opinion.
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts and opinions.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 PM

This has been one of my favorite issues since I subscribed last year!

My whole family was sick when it arrived, and i was grateful for the "get well" recipes. The ginger tea was a delicious miracle.

Thank You

:
#3 of 21 Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 PM

Loved planet friendly period!

#4 of 21 Old 03-20-2010, 01:50 AM

In "what's kickin" Cesarean rise as VBACs Plummet, it would be interesting to see on the chart the maternal and infant death rates or complication rates along side the Cesarean Birth and VBACs over the years. And see how the Infant and maternal death rates have gone up or down alongside the shift in VBAC and Cesarean rates.
#5 of 21 Old 03-20-2010, 10:58 PM

I really loved the 'indoor playground'! I got so many great ideas from it and I appreciated the easy instructions too

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#6 of 21 Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carhootel View Post
I really loved the 'indoor playground'! I got so many great ideas from it and I appreciated the easy instructions too
Ditto! I loved the ideas, and especially appreciate that they seem easy, (re)use a lot of materials around the house, and are inexpensive.
#7 of 21 Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 PM

I absolutely loves planet friendly period! I've been considering the diva cup for months, and reading this article made me go out and buy one!

Doula & Nanny,  Momma to Hope, my angel baby 6/17/08, and Momma to be- to a little boy, EDD 3.13.13

#8 of 21 Old 03-21-2010, 09:36 PM

I sincerely appreciate the Mayan Womb Massage article. I never realized that I have a prolapsed bladder from ten hours of pushing my almost ten pound son out of my body. This article has helped me so much. Thanks, Mothering, for always printing what I need to read.
#9 of 21 Old 03-24-2010, 06:39 PM

Loved the article on the Mayan Womb Massage. I've found a praticioner near by and plan to go for treatments. My daughter was conceived after a very long and emotional year and a half of fertility treatments. I would be overjoyed to conceive without medications and IUI!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#10 of 21 Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Loved the planet friendly period! Went and bought me some lunapads. So cool!

Greek vegan mama to an amazing little bean born in May 2009.
#11 of 21 Old 03-28-2010, 03:55 AM

I loved the article on Kitchen Medicine Cabinet - just the kind of thing that I love doing - brewing nutritious foods the support out health.

I also enjoyed the Mayan womb massage, and finally understood a possible reason why I would get so constipated with my period (before I gave birth). I had a retroverted womb - I don't know if it still is after giving birth. According to the article, that is common with retroverted wombs.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#12 of 21 Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just started my first digital subscription and it is fantastic, thanks .
I am very happy you recognized Elizabeth Gilmore as a living treasure, she certainly is.
#13 of 21 Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 PM

The article about Mayan fertility massage is the article that speaks loudest to me right now, as we venture into our 9th cycle trying for our first child. I'm finding the time I take to focus on my womb, and helping to prepare a space for this baby really special. I use castor oil externally and massage in the bath, where I am most calm and able to fully relax my abdomen (it isn't easy to at first, having been lead to believe women should hold in our bellies, how sad).

Thank you for this article, I feel in combination with my supplements, and good timing, we have a very great chance at our vegan natural living baby being created!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#14 of 21 Old 03-29-2010, 03:02 PM

I LOVED the story of the Boy and his purple bike! Contentment is something even adults do not have enough of! How may adults do you know that have a working car, but constantly want a better one. They can take a lesson from this little man and his family.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#15 of 21 Old 03-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
This was my first issue of Mothering and I loved it! We are expecting our first, DP's second, child. I gave him the resources in the 'my son a father' article. My MW just recommended cloth panty liners (which I didn't even know existed) so that article was great! My DSD just turned 11, so Maiden's Moon was also a wonderful read. Last, I just got sick and made myself some ginger tea from the kitchen medicine cabinet article! I know not every issue will be that well timed, but every article was great, Thanks!!

Loving mama to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A (8/5/2010)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R (1/3/2015) and DSD (16).
#16 of 21 Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Loved "Maiden Moon." Too often as women we are embarrassed about our periods. It was nice to see how one family embraced and celebrated it.

Wasn't a fan of "Fictional Universes"
#17 of 21 Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 PM

I was so touched by Maiden's Moon. It made me long for a daughter so I could teach her to love her body and its processes. My mom was out of the country when I got my first period- and I was on vacation with my dad and brother! I was embarrassed and it took months to finally tell my mom.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#18 of 21 Old 04-06-2010, 12:58 AM

I love everything , but the massage was the most helpful information for me

Nicole M Smith Newly Single WAHM to Curtis Scott Blaine III Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is like the roar of the lion
#19 of 21 Old 04-06-2010, 07:58 AM

I really enjoyed the "indoor playground."

Happy mama to DD reading.gif  DS  drum.gif and DD coolshine.gif and married to an awesome DH jammin.gif.  homeschool.gif
#20 of 21 Old 04-13-2010, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(pretty much copied from my blog)
Several articles in Mothering made me really think.

One was about making your daughter's menarche a wonderful rite of passage. It never even occurred to me to celebrate this transition to womanhood, or do anything special at all. I wonder what that could look like. I'll definitely be planning something wonderful when the time comes!

One was about cloth pads. I never really thought about that before, even though we part-time cloth diaper. A woman will produce 300 pounds of menstrual waste in her lifetime. I may have to buy some or make some. Having cloth after I have this baby would be fabulous.

One was about tilted uteri. I was told I had one when I was about 19, and that I might have trouble getting pregnant. That was all. My mom said she was told the same thing, but she never had any trouble at all. We did try for a long time (to us) for our oldest, but didn't have any problems conceiving our other babies.

But not one of my practitioners in my history, ever mentioned any other problems a tilted uterus might cause. These include headaches/migraines, painful periods, chronic constipation, lower back ache among a host of others. Most of these problems I have had have been immensely helped by nutrition, but it would have been nice to know this before now! There is an interesting massage technique that has been shown to help many, many women. I'm going to be contacting someone in my area (1 1/2 hours away though) soon.
tigeredwards likes this.

Jessica: wife to my farmer and homeschooling mama to three girls and two boys

#21 of 21 Old 05-29-2010, 09:15 AM

I love everything , but the massage was the most helpful information for me. Because I enjoying meesages.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page