What articles and features of Mothering issue #160 did you enjoy? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What articles and features of Mothering issue #160 did you enjoy?
A Quiet Place: A Call To Arms 10 76.92%
Your Letters 16 100.00%
Voices from MotheringDotCommunity 5 38.46%
What's Kickin'? News you won't get anywhere else 3 23.08%
My Garden is Your Garden 17 100.00%
Alice the Farmer 12 92.31%
The Diaper Dilemma 34 100.00%
Troubleshooting: Leap over obstacles with these handy tips 9 69.23%
Diaper Resources 20 100.00%
No Nappies For Me 31 100.00%
Raw Food Supper Club 17 100.00%
Strokes of Genius 2 15.38%
Living Treasure 3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

#1 of 18 Old 05-03-2010, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mothering would like your opinion on the articles you enjoyed most in the May-June 2010 issue #160 of Mothering Magazine. Please vote for the articles you enjoyed in issue #160. Feel free to post your input about the articles as well as other things you might like to share about issue #160. Thanks

Please keep in mind the forum guidelines when posting

Quote:
**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ**
Posting Guidelines
Welcome! Mothering Magazine would like your opinion. We've created this forum to hold polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.

Peggy will be reading these polls, so this is a great opportunity for everyone to give their thoughts and opinions on the current issue of the magazine. We will create a poll for each issue of the Magazine.

Please note
  • This forum is ONLY for polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.
  • Only one post per member, per poll.
  • Please do not attempt to start threads in this forum as it is moderated and they will be deleted without notice.
  • Please keep your posts on topic with the poll; this is not a place to air your grievances or chitchat.
  • Please do not quote or comment on another members post. We are interested in your personal opinion.
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts and opinions.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I loved it all, as always but I picked the raw food supper club simply because I got to enjoy watching my toddler try the raw choco-nana pudding.

His review "Yum!" "bite!" (accompanied by 'bite motion' with his mouth) "teet!" (treat) "More" "more teet!" (he is 2 days away from 18 months)

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
one girlie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/07), one 13 wk
(10/13) and

5/15 just your average

multigenerational living family!!
#3 of 18 Old 05-06-2010, 05:39 PM

Thank you for the article on Elimination Communication. I thoroughly enjoyed practicing EC with my son and plan to practice it with any future children, and I was thrilled to finally see something about it in your magazine!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#4 of 18 Old 05-06-2010, 08:33 PM

I also want to thank you for the article on Elimination Communication. It was a wonderful surprise to finally see an article about it in your great magazine! I practiced EC with my son and know many others who do as well. I am sure they will all be thrilled too.

I thought EC was explained very well in the article. It was explained matter-of-factly and sensibly in a way that is easy to understand. I also liked that it was described in a manner which would not insult those who choose not to practice EC. It explained well the loving and gentle ways in which EC is practiced. The pictures are too adorable! Thank you Mothering!

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

#5 of 18 Old 05-12-2010, 02:36 AM

I was very interested in the cloth diapering article, but a little dissapointed I must confess because I did not see any mention to my greatest problem (and I would be surprised if it weren't a common problem...): smell! I have the hardest time getting my diapers to smell fresh, no matter what I do. I would have loved to see a couple of suggestions...
#6 of 18 Old 05-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I must admit that I haven't read the rest of the magazine yet because I was SO EXCITED to see an article on EC!!! I loved Christine's writing--she made it seem approachable, recognized that it's not for everyone, recognized that there are MANY ways to do it (no diapers all the way to full time diapers with potty breaks). I really appreciated the balanced approach. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I already have one friend who is trying this with her little one (and catching poops on the potty!) thanks to the article (she saw me doing it with my dd a few years ago, but this article tipped the scales for her on giving it a try part time with her second). Hooray!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#7 of 18 Old 05-17-2010, 12:43 AM

I loved the cloth diapering article! I've been using disposables on my son, but am now thoroughly convinced that we need to switch to cloth - thank you for giving me so much information in one great article. I had always thought of disposables as more papery than plastic, but, after reading about their ingredients, am no longer content to use them.

I also like the EC article & appreciate how it was written. It definitely made EC seem approachable to anyone. I always thought it was an all or nothing process, but am glad to read that it doesn't have to be.

Lastly, I just wanted to mention that we tried the raw choconana pudding - it was very good! It was really rich & creamy & very chocolaty. My 13mo son ate a bunch & he will not usually eat bananas!

Erin - mama to my happy little guy, born April 09  kewl.gif

and my sweet baby, born July 12  babygirl.gif

#8 of 18 Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I LOVED your articles on cloth diapering and EC!

As a new convert to cloth, I have to mention that the hybrid approach was less intimidating to me than switching straight to cloth from disposables. I have been diapering my son in gDiapers with the gRefills and am quite pleased with the product (especially for his very sensitive skin), but your article motivated me to go all the way and now he is happy and comfortable in gCloth. The best part is that all the cute covers we already owned from the hybrid system work with the cloth inners.

I would strongly encourage moms (and dads) hesitant to move away from disposables to try a hybrid system with the option to switch cloth later if they are not ready to go all the way yet. I agree with Jenn Labit that the transition to cloth is one that I probably wouldn't have made without the hybrid diaper "bridge" as she mentioned in your article.

With all the attention given to gDiapers in your article, I was disappointed to see that they were not listed on your Diaper Resources page-- perhaps just an oversight of a great smaller company that offers cloth options?

Thanks for the extra information and support!
#9 of 18 Old 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I always enjoy seeing articles on alternatives to disposable diapering. Of all the cloth diapering articles I've read in your magazine, I think this one was the best, the most thorough. I was wondering if I could suggest another link for your readers who need help getting going with cloth. I teach cloth diapering 101 seminars at natural parenting stores and I put together a comprehensive video. I uploaded it to youtube in seven parts: http://www.youtube.com/user/JaimeeGleisner#g/a. The more people it can help, the better!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#10 of 18 Old 05-20-2010, 02:44 PM

I loved the diapering article as I have on and off used cloth with my 3 girls I now feel energized and ready to commit full time to my latest lil babe being cloth only and might try EC as well. We <3 raw food meals so I loved that too but have tried all the recipes as we use www.goneraw.com awesome recipe site.
keep it up mothering u r a life saver in these tough times!

sahm to 3 married todh_malesling.GIF 8yrs   waterbirth.jpg treehugger.gif homeschool.giffamilybed1.gifteapot2.GIFgoorganic.jpgsewmachine.gifwinner.jpgnamaste.gif

#11 of 18 Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 AM

Hands down, the best article was the EC article. IT'S ABOUT TIME, THANK YOU. We are still ecing our first daughter and now have a second daughter who has been using the potty since two weeks old

I also love cloth diapers so very much & always love a good article about them, too!

jumpers.gif

DD (4.25.08)  DD (4.23.10)  DD (10.13.12)

#12 of 18 Old 06-21-2010, 12:41 PM

I really enjoyed the article on EC. Very informative!
#13 of 18 Old 06-23-2010, 05:11 PM

This issue with the article about cloth diapering came at just the right time. I had been sitting on the fence for weeks about switching to cloth when this issue showed up in my mailbox. Reading "The Diaper Dilemma" finally convinced me to make the jump.

I had been overwhelmed by the choices available in cloth diapers and didn't know where to start. I was so pleased to learn through the article that there were several online retailers who offered cloth diaper trial programs. I did a 21-day trial program where I received about 6 to 7 different style diapers to try. It only took me a day to figure out which ones worked best for my family. My 5 month old and 2 year old have been in cloth full time now for about 3 weeks (I'm still looking for a good option for my 4 year old at night time) and my husband and I have been very pleased with how our one-size pocket diapers have been working.

I am a new reader and subscriber to the magazine and this article has changed our lives. My family thanks you, my budget thanks you and the local land fill thanks you.
#14 of 18 Old 06-23-2010, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So so happy to see an EC article in Mothering! It's been a long time coming and I couldn't be happier with the coverage. I hope every time Mothering does an article on cloth dipaering, EC will also be mentioned or included somehow.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#15 of 18 Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM

I was so happy about the ec article!we practice ec with our four month old and it was hard feeling like even "radical" mothering maybe found it too radical. Normalizing it and making more people aware of it is awesome! And, even though the title says "no nappies for me" myself and many I kno who do ec do use diapers at least part time so the diapering article was also great...the title of the ec article was a bitmisleading I thought...

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#16 of 18 Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thanks for the EC article. I am nowhere near having a new baby but you made me think more about ECing. The diaper stuff was really good but I was sad to see you missed one of your own. JillianDrawers.com has the best trial program I have ever seen. And seems to be there best mom-friendly store!!

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

#17 of 18 Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 AM

I absolutely loves planet friendly period! I love everything , but the massage was the most helpful information for me.

--------------
Cherokee Flexibles Savannah Floral print vneck scrub top
#18 of 18 Old 05-26-2011, 02:22 AM

I like raw food super club.. here i get lots of tips to how to care your baby.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page