What articles and features of Mothering issue 142 did you enjoy? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What articles and features of Mothering issue 141 did you enjoy?
Guard Against Gardasil: Could the new HPV vaccine cause more harm than good? 48 100.00%
American Daddy: Photos that depict the beauty of the father-child bond 33 100.00%
Losing It: How one woman conquered postpartum psychosis 47 100.00%
A Quiet Place: Everybody gets the blues 19 100.00%
Your Letters: Charlotte's grace, babywearing, mother guilt, adoption 18 100.00%
Bulletins: UNICEF report on child poverty, sexualization harms girls, breasted babies see better 23 100.00%
Art of Mothering: What would Mary Poppins do? 21 100.00%
A Child's World: Climbing trees with my boys 35 100.00%
Breastfeeding: A breastfeeding miracle 33 100.00%
Peggy's Kitchen: B is for Bruschetta 9 64.29%
Ways of Learning: Quitting to get started 17 100.00%
Cool Stuff: A garden of media delights 5 35.71%
Strokes of Genius: Great products for natual living 14 100.00%
Living Treasure: Peggy O'Mara the Mothering staff honors one of it's own 10 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

#1 of 9 Old 06-07-2007, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mothering would like your opinion on the articles you enjoyed most in May-June 2007 issue 141 of Mothering Magazine. Please vote for the articles you enjoyed in issue 141. Feel free to post your input about the articles as well as other things you might like to share about issue 141. Thanks

Please keep in mind the forum guidelines when posting

Quote:
**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ**
Posting Guidelines
Welcome! Mothering Magazine would like your opinion. We've created this forum to hold polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.

Peggy will be reading these polls, so this is a great opportunity for everyone to give their thoughts and opinions on the current issue of the magazine. We will create a poll for each issue of the Magazine.

Please note
  • This forum is ONLY for polls on the current issue of Mothering Magazine.
  • Only one post per member, per poll.
  • Please do not attempt to start threads in this forum as it is moderated and they will be deleted without notice.
  • Please keep your posts on topic with the poll; this is not a place to air your grievances or chitchat.
  • Please do not quote or comment on another members post. We are interested in your personal opinion.

Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts and opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 06-07-2007, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I voted for lots of articles this issue but my favorites were:

I would like to see articles:

Thank you! I love Mothering Magazine!

Jenny, reading & writing mama of dd(18), ds(6), and ds(3)
#3 of 9 Old 06-11-2007, 03:43 PM

i really loved A Child's World: Climbing trees with my boys and Art of Mothering: What would Mary Poppins do?

but i love climbing trees and right now am to pregnant to do so and i think i am going through tree climbing withdrawal. it gave me hope that my baby will be a tree climber like me!

i loved every article i read though and i could have voted for all of them. i only voted for my very favorites though.

i would love to see more things about unschooling/homeschooling and about sharing nature with children. i would love to read more about fathers also. i think my partner would really enjoy articles about fatherhood.

it is a great magazine and this has been one of my favorite issues since getting my subscription.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#4 of 9 Old 06-12-2007, 01:39 AM

I voted for the vaccine info article and the photo montage of the dads. I appreciate the advocacy work that Mothering does to help parents make informed choices. I chose NOT to have my dds get the HPV vaccination when I took them to their WCVs. I don't want my daughters to be guinea pigs. As for the b/w pics of the dads, I loved it and so did my dh. I have been enjoying the inclusion of dads in the issues.
#5 of 9 Old 06-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Because of the HPV article a woman I work with will NOT be vaccinating her teenage daughter when she initaily plannned to have it done. I kind of "accidentally" left the magazine where she could see it and she asked me if she could borrow it. The next time I saw her she said she wasn't going to vaccinate!

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
#6 of 9 Old 06-19-2007, 03:27 PM

"Losing It" made me cry and hit very close to home. I have been there, and to read about it from such a gentle and understanding p.o.v. was very cathartic for me. That article was the best one I've ever read on the subject. I was so glad to see it out there.
#7 of 9 Old 06-20-2007, 03:29 PM

I especially enjoyed reading "A Child's World: Climbing trees with my boys." What a delightful article.
But of course several of the other articles were very informative and valuable.

happily married sahmommy to almost 3yo son
#8 of 9 Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 AM

I really liked the article on the high schooler whose parents supported his quitting school to de-stress. Great lesson to really listen to your kids and meet their needs, not those of the school system.

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#9 of 9 Old 06-30-2007, 01:28 AM

[QUOTE=hipumpkins;8365845]Because of the HPV article a woman I work with will NOT be vaccinating her teenage daughter when she initaily plannned to have it done. I kind of "accidentally" left the magazine where she could see it and she asked me if she could borrow it. The next time I saw her she said she wasn't going to vaccinate![/QUOTE
That article was sooo sad. What an eye opener. It was great that she was opened minded and read that article. Good job mama.

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page