What articles and features of Mothering issue 148 did you enjoy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 41 Old 06-22-2008, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I loooooved Wheres Joseph but i love everything peggy writes. I also loved the homeschooling article as well. It came at a really good time as i am know taking my oldest out of school he just went to preschool so we are going to try HS him for kindergarten and my youngest we are going to try preschool. I also realy like righteous baby mama it was really good the way she talked about how women need to be able to make there own desicions on thier birth process. I really loved this issue alot. Thanks:

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 06-24-2008, 07:47 AM

Seeing Ani and her tribe on the cover literally brought tears to my eyes
I immediately called my oldest DD(14) so I could tell her about it. She has been listening and joining me at shows since she was 2. What an inspiration, and it just makes so much sense. Two things that make me oh so very happy put together, made my day and then some. Thanks~~~~
#33 of 41 Old 06-25-2008, 12:11 PM

Loved the homeschooling article! It was written beautifully. And best of all, even though I don't plan on HS I can incorporate so much of what the author said into our home in order to raise my daughter in an educational and stimulating environment!

One related ancedote to share: My brother and I were not HSed, but my mom was always taking education out of the classroom and learning with us whenever and wherever. One summer I went away to sleep-away camp. When I got home I immediately ran up to my room and opened the door. Before anyone could warn me othwise butterflies start flying out! My mom and brother had used my vacant room to "grow" butterflies over the summer!

#34 of 41 Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just read two Mothering magazines and they are upstairs with my sleeping family. I hope I am commenting on the correct issue.

Because of the article on having storytime with friends. I came up with the idea of having a scheduled Storytime/Playtime with my mama friends at my home each Tuesday. We will have it outside on nice days and inside on cold/stormy days. We will have tea and snacks and the kids can hear some nice stories and play together. I LOVE MOTHERING!!!! :

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#35 of 41 Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I loved the piece at the end about dads. It made me smile and I shared it with dh. He also enjoyed it. I love reading things about the importance of the other parent in our children's lives.

I am also thrilled to read the Circumcision article. I now have a susinct and thourough article to which I can refer those with questions about HIV and circumcision.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#36 of 41 Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 PM

A Quiet Place: Where's Joseph? (Peggy O'Mara's Editorial) - VERY GOOD! SHARED WITH DH.

Mommy Rituals - LOVED IT. WANT TO PRACTICE IT.

Real Girl vs. Real World - MADE MY MOTHER READ IT (two young sisters still at home)

Pumping Nine to Five - GAVE A COPY IT TO A FRIEND

The Never-at-Home Homeschoolers - LOVED IT! I WAS A NEVER-AT-HOMESCHOOLER.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#37 of 41 Old 07-01-2008, 11:12 PM

#38 of 41 Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 PM

I really loved the "Where's Joseph" editorial. After my first son was born I was rather surprised at the lack of father related....anything. Our midwives had really included him throughout the pregnancy and birth, then all of a sudden *poof* it's just mom. I felt so sad about that, like I'd been duped. He had a hard time adjusting to his roll as a papa, and I think that could have been ameliorated by just seeing more role models. It so happened that he was the first of all his college friends to have kids, didn't work with any dads- just was really isolated, so the adjustment took a long time. It's been SO much easier with our second son. Any way...

Also- I love Ani so that was fun
And was inspired by the home schooler article.

When I read the mommy ritual article I was feeling sad that I don't have a girl. I KNOW there will be, and are, plenty of rituals I can do with my sons...just...wistful a bit.

Thanks

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#39 of 41 Old 07-04-2008, 06:00 PM
A&A

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
"pumping 9 to 5."

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#40 of 41 Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM

bought it for the pumping piece but the ani piece. but also liked the state by state map on the pumping piece.
#41 of 41 Old 07-15-2008, 12:29 PM

I really enjoyed the homeschooling article.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page