Totally, completely unhealthy, to the point of distraction--craving.. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
..for Doritos!

Ugh, there is nothing good that can come out of eating Doritos. I couldn't tell you the last time I even HAD DORITOS! I woke up from my nap yesterday completely, and totally wanting a taco salad--with Doritos instead of tortilla chips. But my husband, who was at the market, didn't have his cell phone. The steak he bought just was NOT Doritos!

Today, we went to park where there was a car and craft show. I saw 4 people with bags of Doritos and wondered how the heck they could have the AUDACITY to eat those darned Doritos and not share them with me!

WAH!

But, now I think I want Cherry Garcia--and there's and Ben and Jerry's a block from my apartment.. the walk with make it okay, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sigh. I've been there, girl!! I actually gave in and ate one of my student's doritos last week. Funny though -- one did the trick for me. Maybe it will cure your craving too.

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#3 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Eat the Doritos.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#4 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would say that during pregnancy I have preferences, but only once will I have a really strong craving for something. In each pregnancy, it has been some comfort food, totally unhealthy, from childhood. Something I havent had in more than 20 yrs. Its funny. And it fits on this thread!

During my 7th month in my first pregnancy, I had a craving for Chef Boyardee Spaghettio's and Meatballs. I know I hadnt had chef boyardee since I was in middle school or something. Man, best stuff ever, I was so satisfied!!

During my 5th month in my second pregnancy, I had a craving for Nestle Quik Strawberry Milk. I spent five days able to TASTE the strawberry milk before I finally gave in and bought some mix. Again, best stuff I hever had!

During my second month in my thid pregnancy, I had a craving for fish sticks and tartar sauce! Best stuff ever!!! I was rolling my eyes in bliss as I was eating it!

So give in on the doritos. Totally. Enjoy the bizarre cravings of pregnancy! They make great stories!
#5 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 02:15 PM

Frito Lay has a Naturals version of Doritos that are better than the regulars if you can find them.
#6 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Banned

I ate a bag really early in this pregnancy. DH bought another bag when he went shopping. It sat up there in the cupboard for other a month. I ate a few yesterday. They were so yummy! Just came to me that I wanted them. Theydo sell little tiny bags of chips and such in the grocery store. I got a little 1 oz bag of frito's last month. They were wonderful and it was just enough.
#7 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 03:29 PM

Meri, I consider walking to the fridge enough exercise for ice cream, so I'm probably not the right person to answer on the Ben & Jerry's bit
#8 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 03:47 PM

ben & jerry's has calcium in it and protein, right?

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#9 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 PM

I get the little snack bag sometimes.

They're so salty, that's all you need.
#10 of 12 Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
ben & jerry's has calcium in it and protein, right?
Milk - protein from the ice cream
Cherries - fruit
Chocolate - erm, vegetable (the infamous chocolate is made from cocoa beans, beans are a vegetable argument)
#11 of 12 Old 05-01-2007, 01:54 AM

The previous owner of our home had a snack vending business. He stored everything in the out building. We now have a weight bench out there. When I was working out today I noticed on a big wooden bookshelf that the last owner had written in permanent marker on the shelves. They read Doritos 65 cents, Fritos 65 cents, BBD Chips, Cheetos, etc. So I was working out fantasizing about doritos and cheetos!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#12 of 12 Old 05-01-2007, 05:34 AM

now I want doritos ...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page