The buying has begun! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 07-16-2007, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems I have held out for SO long on buying anything for the baby until the last two weeks that is!

We started the nursery. My DH painted and put together the furniture we bought along with hanging some things on the walls. I love going in there and just sitting in the glider.

Some stores in our local mall had huge clearance sales, so I bought some onesies, sleepers, cotton pants, and some jeans.

And I ordered cloth diapers and supplies!! They shipped today, so I should get them in a just a few days. I ordered from Green Mountain Diapers.

This is what I got:

Newborn to Infant Combo kit, plus some extras:
24 NB CPF
36 infant CPF
1 regular CPF
NB Litewrap
small litewrap
3 NB BSWS
2 NB BSWW
5 small BSWW
2 infant fitted
2 one size Organic Cotton Growing Greens
1 small Aristocrats
40 cloth wipes
KL diaper lotion potion
3 spray bottles
woolwash
16 pins
4 snappis
lanolin
2 changing pads
2 pail liners
1 tote bag

Picking diapers seemed very overwhelming and the package seemed like a good jumping off point.

What have you been buying?

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-16-2007, 03:00 PM

I've been buying too many diapers if you ask DH! But I need more, since we're having two babies, right?!

I think you'll love the cpfs and bsww!

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#3 of 5 Old 07-17-2007, 03:14 PM

I love Green Mountain-how fun....I have been buying just little clearance clothing here and there. I actually got 4 footed lite weight cotton sleepers, 6 pairs of socks, a nice onesie and some cozy pants at Childrens Place for $19.73. Quite the bargain I must say! I also found an unexpired Graco Snugride carseat in pristine condition for $40....and now I am going to pick up this really nice Eddie Bauer (not that I care about EB ) wooden high chair off of craigslist for $40. I think my next goal is to pay off my dipe layaway.

#4 of 5 Old 07-17-2007, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

I love to hear about what others are finding/buying!

Early in the summer I scored a few very nice knitted sweaters at a garage sale.

We debated whether we wanted to set up any sort of nursery because DH may be transferred at any time since the place he works will be closing. Although we will keep the baby in our room for quite some time I really wanted a place to keep clothes and change diapers. And it somehow has made me feel a bit calmer especially with all the unknown if we will end up having to move before the baby comes. I just like going in there and sitting quietly or reading or singing to the baby.

De-lovely-Sounds like great buys! I really wanted a wooden high chair. My step dad makes wooden furniture as a hobby and he has made me a cradle and high chair that match some of the other furniture that he has made us. When I saw you had bought socks it made me giggle because I made quite the fuss to my DH about buying baby socks. I really wanted baby socks that had a gray toe and heel and some shorty ankle socks. I finally found some in 0-6 month size last week. DH just thinks it was so funny that I was being so picky about the socks I was looking for.

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

#5 of 5 Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Oh De-Lovely, where can we do dipe layaway? I'd love to get more but $$ is an issue right now so no large purchases for the time being. But I could totally do a payment program towards a good stash...

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page