Uggggghh...sick today - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just dont feel good today, mamas. Like I can't do anything except lie in bed and try to get comfortable. Hope its not TMI, but basically my whole gastrointestinal system feels like its on fire. This is worse than heartburn. It starts there and just hurts the whole way down. My bones from my ribs to my pelvis are aching. I don't know what I should be doing! My MW is 50 miles away, and I doubt I could drive myself down there in the state I'm in. I hate to go into my medical doc ( kaiser permanente) because they will just lecture me about why i never had any OB visits after the first ( when i told them we were having a, HBAC and they lectured me). Reluctant to go in for ANYTHING over there.

And today of all days..I had promised my mom, who is chronically ill, that I would do her grocery shopping for her, since she's feeling poorly as well, but I had to call her and say that I'm just too sick. I also have a dinner date with my sister tonight that she's looking forward to, and I hate to have to cancel on her. DH is at work and can't be called off unless its a major emergency (he's a police officer).
Dayd like this I wish I could just clone myself to take care of DS all day, so I could sleep : :

I guess I just need a hug. Anyone ever felt this kind of sick? How long did it last?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM

((((Hugs)))) Mama, this sounds like no fun at all. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. Do you have a friend you can call to watch your ds for a few hours so you don't have to worry? Please take care of yourself and feel better soon!
#3 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 01:55 PM

That sounds absolutely miserable! I agree with Laura, is there a friend you can call to come hang out with DS for a bit? If not, do you let him watch any videos?

I hope you feel better soon!

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!

#4 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 02:01 PM

I have no clue what this could be! Do you have food poisoning? Any other symptoms?

Wish I could help out!

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
#5 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 PM

I think that I have felt something similar to this before. With DD it felt like major indigestion that would not go away and like fiery shooting pains all through my stomach. I would have to lay in one position. It got so bad that I was throwing up and I called my MW who sent me to the hospital to check for preterm labor. It ended up just being a severe case of indigeston. She said that it is common when all of your intestines are pushed together. It lasted a full day and you are right the people in the hospital will treat you poorly most likely. They kept saying that I had had no prenatal care, I told them yes I did but they wouldn't listen. I had the same thing again this time for one day early on and I had to go to my moms so she could watch DD. There was no way I could move around to be with her. I am not sure if this is what you have but it kind of sounds similar. I would call your midwife and see what she says and try to find someone to help you today because I know it is miserable. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
#6 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 02:20 PM

I get digestive issues when pregnant too. I take digestive enzymes during meals and that seems to help a lot.
#7 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Not sure what I can do - but it sounds an awful lot like what you had, strawberryfields08. Definitely the shooting pains part. And I am just so weak from fluid loss that I feel like I can't do anything.
Unfortunately my best friend is in a town 50 miles away, and my closest friend here just had a baby on the 3rd so I wouldnt want her here with a newborn. I called DH but they are very short handed today, and he says he'll come home straight from work when he's off duty but he says its highly unlikely he will get off early.
I have DS watching a Winnie the Pooh video, but during the time i was trying to lay down a bit ago he somehow got on the counter and into my brown sugar tub, and dumped it all over the kitchen floor.
#8 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM

Just wanted to send hugs and support mama-hope you feel better! My gut is ALWAYS screwed up-I understand your pain.
#9 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 06:50 PM

Oh, you poor thing! Ugh.

Can your dh bring home some dried papaya for you when he gets off?

I hope you find some relief soon, Mama.
#10 of 10 Old 07-17-2007, 08:13 PM

Ohhhh you poor thing, I hope it passes FAST, sounds like some version of gastroenteritis (who knows from what) poor thing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page