Did I make a mistake? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went shopping yesterday and found some terrific clearance sales on summer stuff for baby. I am talking $.50 to $3.00 for shorts. I got some jean shorts, some khaki and print shorts, and some stretchy cotton shorts. I bought 6-9 months size because baby will be around 6 months in May. I am cloth diapering (mostly prefolds and some kissaluvs). Do you think I made a mistake with the size?

I am worried after reading some of the other posts about how quickly some babies grew out of 0-3 months and 3-6 months.

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 PM

I bought into the conventional wisdom about sizing before Dylan was born, but he wound up running "true" to size, moving into 3-6 at about 3 months, etc. And in his case, a lot of what drove the sizing was the length of his legs. He's STILL wearing 24 mo shorts!

It varies a lot from brand to brand and baby to baby, but most baby clothes aren't very fitted and have elastic waists, so there is some room for error.

I wouldn't worry about it too much... it's not like you bought a christening gown. If you guessed wrong, then you can trade them with someone else when the time comes, or save them for the next baby.
#3 of 3 Old 08-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Don't worry about it! You will have NO idea what your kids will do so just collect those finds and resell if you can't use them. My kids were in 6/9m by 3-4 months or so. Depending on the brand, etc.. But my friend's baby is spot on wearing clothes sizes that reflect his age.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page