Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (https://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   January 2008 (https://www.mothering.com/forum/407-january-2008/)
-   -   What're you craving? (https://www.mothering.com/forum/407-january-2008/671162-whatre-you-craving.html)

organic-momma 05-09-2007 06:33 PM

I am carb crazy lately! And I feel like I'm starving all the time. I'm going to have to figure out a way to sneak from veggies and fruit into my diet because I'll I'm reaching for is plain bread and pasta.

sunflwrmoonbeam 05-09-2007 06:36 PM

I'm starving half the time too, and I NEED carbs. Granted, I'm a baker and bread addict, so I always want carbs. Moreover, I'm nauseous, and when I'm nauseous all I want are simple starches (bread, rice, etc.)

Right now I'm craving pasta and meatballs, but that's probably cuz I'm making that now and it smells soooooooooooooo good.

mamabird32 05-09-2007 06:43 PM

CHICKEN!!
And I've been a vegetarian for 10+ years.....
I might have to satisfy my cravin....

Fishie Kisses 05-09-2007 07:13 PM

I think I might be craving fish. I don't know, it's not an overwhelming want, but it sounds good no matter what, and I don't even like fish!!!

Carbs are the opposite end. I made sadnwiches for lunch today, took one bite out of mine and gagged. The bread was just NOT tasty at all!!!

lilylove 05-09-2007 08:54 PM

Protein, if I don't get it every couple hours I get sooo hungry and weak feeling. I've been eating a lot more eggs, they really seem to do the trick for me.

I also crave spicy burritos, but I always crave those, so I guess that doesn't count.

Momma2DoubleCuties 05-09-2007 09:32 PM

Right now I'm barely able to eat anything, reading what you guys were craving made me nearly puke. I can barely do anything anymore!!
But with ds#1 it was Burger King (barf) chicken sandwhich and onion rings, I'd stop on my way home everyday and get it, then dh didn't want me to be eating bad so I had to hid it from him, so I'd have to go home and eat a whole nother meal. No wonder I gained 60+lbs with him!!
Ds#2 was hotdogs which right now make me gag and I'm seriously nauseous thinking about it. Yuck!! Right now I'll take any sort of food cause I'm starving but soooooo nauseous!

zenma 05-10-2007 03:18 AM

chicken. steak. i want someone to come to my house everyday and prepare some straightforward, fresh meat dish. simple carbs leave a sour, unpleasant taste in my mouth, except rice. rice is good. all day today i was craving some cheesy noodle dish, but i knew it was a hoax - if i eat such a thing i will throw up for sure.

simplehome 05-10-2007 04:07 AM

I'm happy to say that I'm NOT craving sweets, like I have been nearly every day since my son was born over two years ago! During that pregnancy, I had a serious sweets AVERSION, which thrilled me. But once he was born, it seemed like if I didn't have something sweet every day (and a lot of it!) I'd get all jumpy and cravey.

Just 5 weeks into this pregnancy, and it doesn't feel like an AVERSION yet, but I'm not craving them anymore. YAY!!!

My big thing with the last pregnancy was eggs, too. I ate SOOOOOO many eggs, and I'm already on track to repeat that one, based on this week's diet. Other than protein (craving) and sweets (aversion) I never had any other cravings or aversions.

Chavaleh 05-10-2007 07:35 AM

The only serious craving I've had so far was last weekend for biscuits with sausage gravy. Luckily I had all the ingredients on hand and whipped myself up some then proceeded to eat far too much and felt like a beached well... a very cravings-all-satisfied beached whale.

happyfrog 05-10-2007 08:23 AM

salt