Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (https://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   January 2008 (https://www.mothering.com/forum/407-january-2008/)
-   -   Anyone feeling movement? (https://www.mothering.com/forum/407-january-2008/708744-anyone-feeling-movement.html)

ollineeba 07-09-2007 07:02 PM

I'm just wondering if any of our January mamas are feeling movement yet? I'm 12 weeks now and waiting to feel that first flutter (felt it with my 2nd at 12 weeks) but nothing yet.
And I know some of our moms are a few weeks farther along, so.... ?? Anyone??

Tiffany_PartyOf5 07-09-2007 08:11 PM

Im due the 24th and I think Ive felt a flutter here and there but never really sure because my stomachs always rumbling lol.. I seriously have to eat nonstop to keep from feeling hungry lol.. so it may have not been the baby lmao.. but I THINK I MAY have felt the baby lol..

Finch 07-09-2007 08:36 PM

Yes, I'm 14 weeks and have felt movement since about 12 weeks...it's really freaking me out.

impromptukiss 07-09-2007 08:47 PM

i'm 12 weeks tomorrow, and nothing yet. i felt it at 12w with my second (so strong dh felt it too). i think i've just been so insanely busy lately that i haven't given myself a chance to. now with dh gone i'll have a lot of down time, so i hope to feel it soon. love those little baby flutters.

simplehome 07-09-2007 09:14 PM

I'm still in the "was that gas, or was that the baby?" phase. I keep THINKING I'm feeling it move while I nurse ds, but just can't be sure yet. I'm about 14 weeks.

PoolSide 07-09-2007 09:43 PM

I'll be 12 weeks thursday... and i've been feeling movement. Kid #3 for us.

First kid's movement was 21weeks
Second kid's movement was 15
Third kid's movement was 11w3d!

CRAZY!

*knittingmomma* 07-09-2007 09:59 PM

Yes, I've felt some movement here and there for the past week. I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow. I didn't feel my dd until 22 weeks, but it wasn't a flutter then, it was a pretty powerful kick.

muttix2 07-09-2007 10:15 PM

No movement here. I'm 12 weeks. I thought I was feeling movement very early but I've since decided that though I don't know what it was, it wasn't movement.

HypnoMama 07-09-2007 11:01 PM

Im in my 14th week and Im pretty sure Ive been feeling movement for the last week.

This is my first tho, so it is hard to know.

I was pretty darn sure on July 4th that the fireworks were pissing the baby off.

my kidlets and me 07-10-2007 02:22 AM

I've caught the odd flutter here and there, but wasn't sure if it was *really* the baby. I guess maybe it was.

kati_kati 07-10-2007 02:42 AM

So this is my first time... what does it feel like? How can you tell whether it's just GI rumblings or not? Is that what it feels like? When are good times to expect movement? Any chance of feeling it soon for me (I'm 12 wks)?

To-Fu 07-10-2007 11:57 AM

This is my first too, but the American Pregnancy Association says you can feel the first movements as early as 13-16 weeks!:

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/dur...almovement.htm

leafwood 07-10-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post
I'm still in the "was that gas, or was that the baby?" phase. I keep THINKING I'm feeling it move while I nurse ds, but just can't be sure yet. I'm about 14 weeks.
I'm right there with you! I have been feeling things that feel like flutters since 12wks, but it's also very possible that it's stomach stuff. With dd I didn't feel anything until 16wks. I'm waiting!

living_organic 07-10-2007 06:05 PM

I am 11 weeks and I was pretty sure I felt the baby move the other day. This is my 3rd and I also felt movement this early with my second, but not with my first till around 21 wks!

zenma 07-10-2007 06:08 PM

for the past couple of weeks i've had random flutters and little tickles/scratches. they're so fleeting, but they are different than gas. i'll be 15 weeks tomorrow.

Jillybean 07-10-2007 06:35 PM

I've been feeling movement since about 12 weeks. This is the earliest I've felt them in any pregnancy. The feel like flutters mostly but little pokes now and then, too. This is by far my favorite thing about pregnancy!

mama_y_sol 07-10-2007 06:37 PM

I am 14 weeks tomorrow, this being baby #2. I feel right now, as I am reading this, those flutters very low in my body. I am not 100% positive it is in fact movement, but it is nice to think it could be. it literally feels like butterflies gracefully touching me.

roseoffred 07-10-2007 06:43 PM

I'm 15 weeks and have only felt one thing that I was SURE wasn't gas, it was just this past week. It sort of felt like a ripple a couple of inches under my belly button. I'm excited to feel more!!

lilylove 07-10-2007 07:04 PM

I'm 15 weeks. I have been having little flutters for a couple weeks. Today I felt the baby again, and it was a much stronger sensation. No mistaking that one

ollineeba 07-11-2007 01:38 AM

Wow! That's so neat that so many of you are feeling movement.
I can't wait to feel this little bean move. I think if I actually sit down once in a while and relax, I might notice something. Things have been hectic!
Hopefully soon.. We did hear the heartbeat today at our mw appt. and that was so cool

ollineeba 07-11-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati_kati View Post
So this is my first time... what does it feel like? How can you tell whether it's just GI rumblings or not? Is that what it feels like? When are good times to expect movement? Any chance of feeling it soon for me (I'm 12 wks)?
I think if you ask five different women what it feels like, you might get five different answers
I think usually first time moms don't notice the feeling until they are closer to 16 weeks, but of course, it's not like that for everyone. Some notice it much sooner and some much later.
A lot of 2nd, 3rd, 4th time moms feel it sooner because they recognize it- it's familiar.
Like I said, though, it's different for everyone!

Jennah_Gole 07-11-2007 03:08 AM

I am around 13 weeks and yeah have felt movement from around 12 weeks but i just think it is so weird cuz the bean is so small that we can really feel movement.

ShannaW 07-11-2007 03:10 AM

DC #1 was 17 weeks
DC #2 was 14 or 15 weeks (isn't it horrible I can't remember)
DC #3 I only felt once and it was 12 wks 6 days. But it was a very clear baby movement

This one I've felt for a week or two now (I'm 14 weeks) but not very often. I'm too oblivious to feel "butterfly" movements. But I do notice the "sommersault" feeling. Like someone rubbing their knuckle on my belly from the inside. Does that make sense?? I felt stuff earlier, but I'm sadly aware of "ghost kicks" so I'm not going much earlier than about 13 weeks for real.

queenbean 07-11-2007 08:34 AM

With my first daughter, I felt movement at about 16 weeks. This time around, I'm not quite 12 weeks... for a week now I've been feeling things, but wasn't sure if it was gas (I've also had a stomach bug ), but just a few minutes ago I felt definite baby movement! Woot! It's such a weird feeling... felt like someone was scraping the inside of my belly. I didn't think it was possible to feel movement this early, but there's no mistaking that's what it was this time.

KittyTheCat 07-11-2007 10:08 AM

With my son I don't think I felt anything before 20 weeks or so.
Now, I'm 14+2 and I think I felt something baby-ish yesterday, but I'm also mostly thinking "Hm, gas or baby?"

Peacemamalove 07-11-2007 12:10 PM

Yesterday I am pretty sure I felt movement...I had thought before I had felt the baby but now realize that it must have been gas. This feeling is that feeling like if you stuck you hand inside a balloon and pushed it out...it is really low which makes sense since I am only 12 weeks but if I gently rub or push on my lower belly I can feel it push back or move.....really cool.....

Ruthiegirl 07-11-2007 12:27 PM

No movement for me at 12 weeks. But I do have some amazing gas bubbles moving through my lower intestines.

kati_kati 07-11-2007 10:03 PM

When I went running last week, after about 10 minutes I felt a kind of tightening or twisting way down there in the area of my uterus... It was not cramps, and it was not on the sides like round ligament pain. It happened again while walking the other day. After stopping for a few minutes it went away. I might be able to think of it as something scraping around inside, but it was more of a twinge-like feeling and therefore it never occurred to me that could be movement... Is it true that the movements are never painful in anyway? Or could twinges be the baby too?

Chavaleh 07-11-2007 10:37 PM

last week I was thinking it was possible that I was feeling something but when i had my exam on Monday I realized that my uterus is much lower than anything I've been feeling yet so I guess it was all just gas.

zenma 07-13-2007 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati_kati View Post
When I went running last week, after about 10 minutes I felt a kind of tightening or twisting way down there in the area of my uterus... It was not cramps, and it was not on the sides like round ligament pain. It happened again while walking the other day. After stopping for a few minutes it went away. I might be able to think of it as something scraping around inside, but it was more of a twinge-like feeling and therefore it never occurred to me that could be movement... Is it true that the movements are never painful in anyway? Or could twinges be the baby too?
for my body that feeling is my uterus growing/contracting, which is sensation i've been having for weeks, separate from the flutters and scratches. but it's true that all bodies are different - it could be baby movements for you.