illogical worrying... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have not yet seen my midwife. there have been issues with insurance and also issues because her prices have gone up and i'm not sure that i want to pay as much as she is asking....but that is another story...the point is i haven't been in and heard a heartbeat or anything like that. so i still haven't told anyone and i'm like 12 weeks now. i just have this paranoia that i'm not really pregnant. i had a miscarriage last year at 7 weeks. i know that at the 12 week point i probably would have miscarried if i was going to, but my sister in law didn't find out she had a blighted ovum until around 12 weeks. i also heard from lifetime movies that there are types of cancer that can give you a positive pregnancy test, so my irrational self is like "maybe you aren't pregnant and you just have cancer." ofcourse i have all the symptoms of being pregnant so that is stupid. then i have heard other people talk about chemical pregnancies, i don't know what that is but i assume it means having the symptoms but no baby. so is anyone else still unsure, not convinced, apprehensive, etc? i know most everyone has already been to a practioner and probably has heard/seen heartbeat. is it illogical for me to think like i am? i was pretty confident throughout my first pregnancy, but i think that the second pregnancy and misscariage has made me pessimistic and unsure about what is going on in my body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-12-2007, 04:00 PM

Hugs, hun! I don't think you need to worry about all of that. Can you just do a consult w/ another Dr. who is covered by your insurance? It is always possible to switch later on. We are doing this w/o maternity insurance, so I TOTALLY know how the whole price thing can be.
#3 of 6 Old 07-12-2007, 06:59 PM

I haven't been to my mw yet either. Insurance probs, not sure how we can afford it out of pocket (unless she let us finish paying after baby was born, and I know she won't and won't bother asking), etc. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and I've been somewhat to moderately unattached through the rest of my pregnancies because of it. I'm afraid I'll m/c, have a stillbirth, and before I hear the heartbeat (now) I wonder if I am really pregnant. I worry that I'll go in and she'll hear no heartbeat, get no pos pg test, and I'll just sit there and not know what is going on. I have the symptoms of pregnancy also so logic tells me I'm pregnant (besides the two tests that said as much ) but I still worry. So, I know how you feel. It isn't irrational, most people have heard the heartbeat by now but if you go back to the posts before they didn't, tons of people weren't feeling like it was "real" until they heard the heartbeat.

Mama to two boys and a girl.

#4 of 6 Old 07-16-2007, 01:29 AM

I thought I was the only one at this point who hasn't been checked yet! I have been having the same fears/negative thoughts!
Hugs to you both for your previous loses and I do so hope that all is well with you this time around.
#5 of 6 Old 07-16-2007, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the support everyone. hopefully i will be going in tomorrow to hear the heartbeat...i'm getting more and more anxiety as the moments go by. worrying why i haven't gained as much weight this time...is it because i have been feeling sick?..nursing?..or because there is no baby?..i guess we will find out soon and i just need to relax. glad to know i'm not the only one though. thanks
#6 of 6 Old 07-19-2007, 01:40 AM

12 weeks, have not been to a doc yet. soon. Feeling the same way. 3rd pregnancy too. Don't feel pregnant. even though i have symptoms, mild ones. I have not gained but a few pounds. and have no real bump. deffinitly have the irrational fear too. sucks. hope this makes you feel not alone. good luck with this one. positive thoughts all the way.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page