Having a practice run! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 07-15-2007, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We do emergency foster care and have just had a 4 week old placed with us for at least six weeks due to an unsafe home environment. So we're having a practice run. Our boys, (7 and 3) are loving it, they both want to hold him all the time.

A novel experience for us mixing formula since we've never had in the house before! The little guy is doing really well and has really relaxed and settled in over the last couple of days, he's a big sling fan and loves a bath!

And having a 7 year old is great, he held the baby while I had a shower yesterday, so much easier than rushing and trying to prevent the 3 year old from loving the baby too much which was how it was with #2.

Anna, partner to Leah, mum to Bede 7 and Emmett 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-15-2007, 09:46 AM

how fun! enjoy your trial run!!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#3 of 5 Old 07-15-2007, 10:26 AM

That is just wonderful! Foster care is something I have a deep love and appreciation for. Unfortunately due to our job (we already work at a residential program), we can't do foster while we already have other kids in our home. Anyway, I'm so glad there are good moms out there to take care of those precious little ones! Enjoy him!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!

#4 of 5 Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Wow, I admire families that foster in addition to caring for their own children. Sounds like a good practice run. That's good news!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Me +
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dh =
Dd1(9.5 yrs) +
Dd2(7 yrs) and
Ds(4.5 yrs)
#5 of 5 Old 07-16-2007, 02:03 PM

How wonderful that you are a foster family for kids who really need good people around to care for them after intense times of trouble. I am so glad that little baby found his way to your family, and how lucky he is to find a surrogate mama who slings him, and surrogate brothers to love him. I am so happy for your family.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page