Hey! I made soup! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 07-16-2007, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Well, after 9 weeks of near constant naseau and vommitting multiple times a day, I got up this morning with a huge craving for split pea soup and I actually cooked!!! I had to saute bacon and onions and it stunk up the whole kitchen and I didn't even mind. This kids were underfoot and I didn't yell at them. I even set up finger painting for them and it was okay with me.

Hah! I can't believe it. I had shut the kitchen down when this pregnancy started, since I couldn't stand the smell of any food. Poor dh hasn't been able to even make coffee. The kids have been ignored and left to fend for themselves as I have spent the past 2 months on the couch clutching a cold rag to my head.

This is my third baby and it still shocks me when the second trimester finally arrives and the illness seems to vanish.

How is everyone else feeling? Anyone want to happy dance with me as I make croutons for the soup? : : : : :

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-16-2007, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Happy Dancing!! Though I still get a little icky feeling in the morning I am feeling great excited and thrilled to be pregnant....and Dh is loving all the changes....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children.
***4***8***12***16***20***24***
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
***32***36*** 40
#3 of 7 Old 07-16-2007, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soup actually sounds good! There is no way I could cook but just the fact that it sounds good is promising!!!
Happy crouton making!

#4 of 7 Old 07-16-2007, 11:37 PM

It's JULY! How on earth can you ladies eat soup and chili and stuff (another board).

All I want to eat is ice.
#5 of 7 Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yay for you Ruthiegirl! I know how great it feels to suddenly rediscover your appetite, or to be able to cook again. I too had a window of this as of late. Though now the nausea seems to be creeping back some, and the smell sensitivity. Goes in waves.

Well YAY!!!!!!!

Me +
Dh =
Dd1(9.5 yrs) +
Dd2(7 yrs) and
Ds(4.5 yrs)
#6 of 7 Old 07-17-2007, 12:33 AM

That is great! I hope my breakthrough comes soon. The nausea keeps lingering, and usually pops up around dinner time, so cooking dinner is pretty much out of the question still.

I did have one small improvement today. For some reason, doing dishes has been very bad, so dh has been doing ALL of them. Well, this morning, there were a few dirty dishes in the sink...and I actually could do them. Dh is pretty much at the end of his rope doing all the cooking and cleaning..so hopefully there will be some relief for him soon too.

Baby steps of improvement every day,
Kristin

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#7 of 7 Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Thanks for the encouragement. Well, I had a kickin great day yesterday. I cooked, I played, I took the kids to the pool. I ate soup for dinner.

Today, on the other hand, I am soooooooooo tired. My friend generously offered to let the kids watch a movie at her house while I come home to slump on the couch. Ah well, so I guess the energy comes and goes.

Kristin -- I hear you on the dishes. Our kitchen faces south and gets very warm, so any little bit of food left on the dishes or in the sink really starts to raise a stink if left very long. And I don't know why, but the warm weather makes my dishwasher stink too. I have done most of my throwing up at the sink. Sorry, tmi. But it has been a real chore to keep the sink cleared out.

And I don't know why I want soup and warm food. I think I am craving comfort foods. We used to go to Anderson's restaurant when I was a kid. Their signature dish was split pea soup and I have had an incredible craving for it this pregnancy. Pregnancy hormones are weird.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page