anyone else's baby still rolling around? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 01-07-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey there- i'm 38w, and i get nervous when i read all of these threads about babies being posterior, because my baby is rolling all over inside. i've never had a baby like this before- my last two were really active, but they just kicked and jabbed me. this kid literally rolls from side to side all day long, facing one way, facing the other, and back again. now i'm one to seriously trust my body and my baby (to the best of my ability), but when there are those of you who worry about babies being stuck posterior, it makes me wonder what the heck is up with mine, if he's still flipping back and forth all day and night long (and it HURTS! this is no itty bitty baby!). and it also makes me wonder if he's not just wrapping the cord around his neck over and over again...

anyone else in my shoes? he's still riding high in my long torso- maybe he'll stop flipping once he engages?

oh well, i don't think there's really anything i can do about it now. he's been REALLY quiet today (trying not to obsess about that, but it's certainly on my mind)- i see my mw on wednesday, and i can talk to her about it then...

sigh...
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-07-2008, 08:01 PM

I wish I had advice for you. I'm one of the ones with a posteriorily stuck baby. My baby feels like he/she is moving all over the place, but he/she is really just kicking & such. I can't even feel my baby's position, and am envious that you know where your baby is at!
#3 of 10 Old 01-07-2008, 08:11 PM

Mine flips too.... one minute her back is on my left, the next she's on my right. It doesn't hurt me, though. Maybe mines just a peanut sized baby!

#4 of 10 Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
my squish goes back and forth. for a few days this week she was really low and her back on my left..now she is higher up and her back is on my right.. its pretty normal i think for them to still be moving around a bit..my midwife didn't seem at all surprised anyways..

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 of 10 Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, everyone. if there's one thing this baby has taught me, it's not to expect anything. (everything about this pregnancy has been completely opposite of what i'm used to, and by my third boy, you'd think this would be old-hat.) i think that some of my unsettledness about things is the fact that he's still riding so high, whereas i carried neither of my other two boys this high at any point in pregnancy (and yet here he is, still kicking my ribs at 38 weeks-- maybe he's just really, really long?)... so if he's still so high, naturally, he'd be able to do more rolling.

anyway, i'm glad that i'm not alone- it makes me feel a lot better. also, as if in response to my wondering out loud about his lack of activity all day long, he has suddenly started up this evening. makes me feel better.

so good feelings all around. thanks again.
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 10 Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 AM

My ds was like that (anterior, then posterior - I had lots of room in there), and this baby is shaping up to be the same. I get kicks and jabs all over the place, and can sometimes feel his/her back in the front, sometimes not. But ds lined up when he needed to in order to get out, so I have to trust that this babe will do the same. All I need is my water not to break too early (like it did with ds), so that my body will have a chance to go into labour by itself.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#7 of 10 Old 01-08-2008, 06:15 AM

I'm carrying high and my baby flips all the time. I've tried to get her to move down to no avail, tomorrow I'm breaking out the bellydancing dvds to see if that will ease her down (I've pretty much stopped exercising at this point). One minute her butt/back is on one side, the next minute it is on the other.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#8 of 10 Old 01-08-2008, 06:30 AM

hey there hcm

just hang in there... i was so paranoid and it was really mostly for nothing...plus this baby was different from all the other ones while inside and didnt engage until it was labor time and was hangin around high too...

so hope ur time comes soon and baby is born safe, healthy and happy!

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#9 of 10 Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

thanks, jennah and everyone else!

i went to the mw wednesday, and she assured me that everything was fine. she said that the baby may not drop until it's time to start pushing, at which point, he will likely just fly out (hah! i'll hold her to that!).

as for the rolling around, she said that it can actually be a really good thing for babies to keep rolling from side to side, because it apparently encourages the cord to "stretch," as she put it. i guess she's seen a lot of labors where women had very inactive babies, and their cords were extremely short. she says she's even seen c-secs done when cords were too short, and she thinks that an active baby encourages cord growth and elasticity. it sounds kind of silly to me, but hey, i'm not complaining at this point. so long as he remains active, i'm not going to worry.

she also assured me that he doesn't have to be putting pressure on my cervix for me to be dilating in the meantime (before labor starts).

anyway, off to bed.
hcm

#10 of 10 Old 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM

yep hcm,
I'm there with you 38wks today and starting to wonder if I am carrying an octopus. This baby is pushing out everywhere.
I even propped myself in bed last night so I would be on my left side all night and did pelvic rocks every one of the 7 times I had to get up to pee. To no avail, this morning the babe is still high and jabbing ribs.

I was low, 2cm and mostly effaced last week...but then we all got sick and I think the baby knew it wasn't a good time to pop yet. We're all recovering finally so I'm hopeful that makes things start moving in the right direction again.
Chris

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page