Radiation from wifi router and cordless phone - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 10-01-2017, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Radiation from wifi router and cordless phone

My 4-yr old daughter's bed is very close to our WiFi router and our cordless phone- it has been this way since she was born! She has been napping and sleeping for hours with this exposure. Unfortunately I did not ever think much of it, until the internet technician came today and mentioned that there is a minimum space that is required between these devices and a child's bed.

I am so upset and full of worry about the effects of this. Can anyone please weigh in on the subject?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-01-2017, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
I would not worry and just move the bed or the router.
#3 of 4 Old 11-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
There is no radiation. Phones and wifi are not radioactive. It is a bunch of radio waves which work on specific frequency. Lots of people have that phobia, which is nonsense. All devices have electricity which are the same as phone or router. A huge TV set radiates actually more than wifi. If you have your kid sitting literally in front of the TV it can actually damage her eyes, but not in some critical way. Just, don´t live in fear, it is all normal. Electricity and radiowaves are everywhere and are not dangerous for us or kids.

#4 of 4 Old 11-19-2019, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I also heard that phones are nocive for healthy, mainly for children, but let's think about what in our life isn't nocive? Hmmm, nothing.
But still, after long searching, I found that cordless telephones are less nocive and it has many opportunities. Compared to a traditional landline phone, the cordless phone is so much better since you can take it with you in another room if you need to talk privately and not want others to hear you. In addition, these phones that I've chosen thanks to the article about the best cordless phone with answering machine have a longer battery life so you can talk as long as you want without any interruptions. Moreover, just like the traditional telephone, the cordless phone comes with an answering machine. This way, in case you’re not around, the caller can just leave a message.
So, if you are looking for the best cordless phone with an answering machine, you will enjoy it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page