Go Go Kidz Travelmate - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone own one? Will it fit down the aisle of the airplane? I purchased a Travelmate to use next week and would like to know of others experiences traveling with the device.

Married. Mom to 1. Due 10/12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have one but I've seen it being wheeled down the aisles of airplanes a couple of times. If it can't fit, it's not because of the cart but the seat. I saw it on a Marathon and they had to pick it up (that's a pretty large seat but will fit on a decent-sized aircraft).

Instead of purchasing this expensive product, I actually did better with a all-metal luggage cart and using an extra bungee cord to secure it. Works great and my seat weighs 25lbs. My dd can even ride in it. Not only was this cheaper (well, free, since I used it as a Flight Attendant years ago) but it can be used for regular luggage too.

Here are my totally non-commercial flying tips:
http://flyingwithchildren.blogspot.com

hth!
ex-F/A, 13 years, 2 companies
3 children flying transatlantics since they were 4 months old (about twice a year plus other flights!)
#3 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl View Post
I don't have one but I've seen it being wheeled down the aisles of airplanes a couple of times. If it can't fit, it's not because of the cart but the seat. I saw it on a Marathon and they had to pick it up (that's a pretty large seat but will fit on a decent-sized aircraft).

Instead of purchasing this expensive product, I actually did better with a all-metal luggage cart and using an extra bungee cord to secure it. Works great and my seat weighs 25lbs. My dd can even ride in it. Not only was this cheaper (well, free, since I used it as a Flight Attendant years ago) but it can be used for regular luggage too.

Here are my totally non-commercial flying tips:
http://flyingwithchildren.blogspot.com

hth!
ex-F/A, 13 years, 2 companies
3 children flying transatlantics since they were 4 months old (about twice a year plus other flights!)
I will check out your tips. The luggage cart and bungee cords were my first thought, but my DS flies often with my 55 year old Aunt. Plain and simple works best when they fly together. If the cords came undone I would have to take a flight to them to reattach the cart.

#4 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have found the Go Go Kidz Travelmate to be very helpful. There's no way I could've traveled alone with kids without it.

Unfortunately it will not fit down the aisle of the plane with the car seat attached. The seat is too wide to fit between the seats. I have had to detach the seat at the airplane door and push the travelmate down the aisle while holding the car seat. Sometimes a nice passenger or flight attendant has helped me.
#5 of 5 Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Riversong, Removing a Boulevard from the baseis a PITA so I make sure that she knows to do it before leaving the boarding area.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page