Mothering Forum banner

having a baby, be back later. UPDATE post 41- SHE'S HERE!*EDIT post 1- PICS.

3K views 85 replies 48 participants last post by  ishereal 
#1 ·
how's that for a title?

today's the day. 1 hour till induction time.

my phone has internet access so hopefully i will be able to check in throughout the process if I'm feeling up to it.

if not, my friend should be on here updating for me as needed, not sure if she will use my name or her own, but either way i plan on keeping you guys informed.

i got very happy last night when i remembered i needed to bring my birth bead bracelets from the swap! now hopefully i can remember to make sure dh gets a good pic of me with them =)

thanks for all the support and well wishes, i needed them.

hopefully my blood pressure goes down after she is here.

*update- 930am
well the pit was started about an hour ago, and I'm now up to 3 drops an hour. the doc came by and broke my water, and so far everything looks good, and I'm feeling good, minus the gushing. bp upon arrival was 175/118. yikes. I'm thoroughly enjoying the fact that i have internet access and the fact that the iv is in my wrist and not in my hand (makes typing less painful) I'm not allowed to walk around, only to the bathroom. lame. DH and i are just watching tv and waiting for things to pick up.. I've had a few pretty painful contractions but nothing too regular.

*update- 1130
now up to 9 drops of pit, contractions 2-3 minutes apart. they aren't checking my dilation cuz my water is broken. pretty sure i lost a lot of my bloody plug in the toilet when i got up to go to the bathroom. sitting up feels better than lying down. i wish i wasn't strapped to these monitors. ouch.

EDIT- 3/31- PICTURES OF KATHERINE BROOKE! will write birth story out when i have more free time

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...o/IMG_5109.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...o/IMG_5111.jpg

ok, i look 12 in that last pic, but i'm not i promise.. and yeah, her hair straightened out the next day. we are a little sad about it, but she's still pretty!

See less See more
#7 ·
Yay! And you're right...you better be back...i mean, forget the baby bonding and family calling and friends...MDC NEEDS YOUR UPDATE!

i know. i'm hilarious. (note sarcasm)

Seriously, thinking of you and hope it all goes smoothly, and yes, that your BP goes down and you are safe!

Look forward to reading that birth story. Peace.

#18 ·
You are doing great, mama!

You can get through this!

I agree with Organica! Take as much time in the "bathroom" as you need, even if that is the only place they will allow you to go! You can always say you had some spicy food the night before, or something.

Its your birth mama!!

#21 ·
My advice (I was induced, I know how this goes) is to go at least every hour, and DO NOT let them check you! Once you near transition they will not let you get up, even/especially to go to the bathroom. Basically, just when you REALLY want to be standing, they strap you down. Argh, I was frustrated.

ELV!

#22 ·
They just checked her, she's 4cm and 90%, still doing pretty well. She tried the birth ball and it hurt more than helped, so she's back in the bed I guess. I'll be updating when the baby gets here, as I'm sure the internet surfing will stop. lol I'm just glad she has it to help her stay distracted with not being able to move around. Go Amanda! <3 your long distance doula. haha

#25 ·
Praying for some good healing coming your way. I too would camp in the bathroom, if you have it in you to be sly mama.
Come back soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.