• 1 Post By Turtlemum
  • 1 Post By WillerDita
  • 1 Post By ventura
  • 1 Post By louises

#1 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Ok, so I have had 2 pregnancies with out this being the slightest problem and then last night I felt a bump on the back of my upper thigh, it hurt and so I went and looked in the mirror. A big old vein has popped out from the middle of my thigh down to behind my knee! : I am so mad! What in the world! I am not over weight. I was HUGE with my 1st and now I am in good shape and this happens! Please tell me it will go away! It hurts too! I feel like crying! Ugh...I am so mad!
applejuice likes this.

Mama to an amazing crew of 6!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh no! I've never had that happen but it sounds terrible.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 03:50 PM

Hey, I've got you beat--I just noticed the night before last I've got them on my labia! Yup. This happened to me last time too, but at 34 weeks--so I only had to put up with it for one week before I gave birth. I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next 4-5 months. If it's any consolation, this went away for me shortly after I had DS--hopefully yours will too.
applejuice likes this.

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08

#4 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 04:10 PM

I'm sorry. I don't think it has a thing to do with your size or how in shape you are, though. I know lots of people who got them when pregnant, all varrying in sizes, and none said they went away afterwards. My one friend, who was in awesome shape, is just covered with them from her first pregnancy. I've not experienced them myself, but I felt similar when I found my first stretch marks when pregnant with ds at like 18wks.. I hadn't gained even 5lbs by then! I eventually didn't feel so yucky about them (good thing 'cause that was just the beginning ). In time they may not bother you as much.
applejuice likes this.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#5 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 05:55 PM

I try to avoid any hose or tight-fitting pants - and I try to sit indian-style rather than with legs crossed. I also heard that walking helps this. Any other ideas? I haven't had them too badly any pregnancy - touch wood!
applejuice likes this.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#6 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 07:10 PM

I've gone through two pgs without them too, and this pg I've already got a few on the back of my knees and one on one of my calves. They seem to be worse right after I get out of the shower (probably because I'm warm). My mother has terrible varicose veins so it's probably in my genes. . . sigh.

TMI I've also got a hemmerhoid issue this time around too. I've never really had a problem with those except for immediately postpartum TMI OVER
applejuice likes this.

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#7 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Talk to your OB and get a prescription for compression hose. They are super support hose ( either thigh high or full pany hose) they will help to keep them from getting worse. Many insurance companies cover them ( mine were $75 but the insurance covered 90%)
applejuice likes this.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#8 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
So called my midwife and she said 3 things:
compression hose (but wants to see it first)
horse chestnut salve (rubbed on legs
rutin (a vitamin that may help)

Ugh... still irked!
applejuice likes this.

Mama to an amazing crew of 6!

cd

#9 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 08:16 PM

I've gotten veins like that since my first pg. I'm not sure that they are actually varicose veins though; spider veins are very similar to varicose veins but don't really come with the side effects that varicose veins do.

I wonder if it happens because of the blood volume of a woman doubling during pg and so the pressure in the legs builds up. Anyways, some of mine have gone away/reduced in size significantly after pg and that is why I believe mine are spider veins rather than varicose veins....I don't think that varicose veins actually go away.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/varicose-veins/DS00256
applejuice likes this.
#10 of 17 Old 05-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
TMI I've also got a hemmerhoid issue this time around too. I've never really had a problem with those except for immediately postpartum TMI OVER
I escaped pregnancy with none, and I was very worried about getting them. Well, guess what pushing that little monkey out gave me? Blah. Never went away either. I imagine it'll probably get worse if this one is as difficult to deliver as my first was.
applejuice likes this.

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#11 of 17 Old 05-10-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
So called my midwife and she said 3 things:
compression hose (but wants to see it first)
horse chestnut salve (rubbed on legs
rutin (a vitamin that may help)

Ugh... still irked!
You could also drink nettle tea...good for circulation.
applejuice likes this.
#12 of 17 Old 01-31-2017, 11:07 AM

I have been using this venorid serum for a couple of months and noted a little difference in my veins. Happy!
applejuice likes this.
#13 of 17 Old 07-16-2017, 06:35 PM

varicose veins

Venorid faded a cluster of dark veins on my leg. I used it 3 times every day and with continued use I saw them fade. I use this on my veins and then put support stocking on over.Really surprised me by how well its worked.Highly recommend it.
applejuice likes this.
#14 of 17 Old 07-16-2017, 08:14 PM

Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever in the Islets of Langerhans
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
My mother, aunt, and maternal grandmother had/have terrible, ugly varicose veins! Varicosities run in my family. I am short and not overweight - I never have been. I got my first green/blue veins in my calves when I was 14!

I was and still am physically active - took ballet, I jogged, I was on the swim team - all good activities for circulation, but I still got those ugly things at age 14.

In high school and college, when I was sitting, I always put my legs up, elevated, to help the circulation, I used the stairs, I walked a lot, I wore super support compression hose for years, and even wore them under my pants and/or jeans. Take vitamin E, bioflavinoids - rutin - and psyllium seed to prevent constipation. Eat whole grains, exercise, do NOT smoke, ever, I have noticed that varicosities tend to be worse in the left leg, and I know that the bowels take a final turn on the left side of your abdomen, so avoid constipation and keep your bowels clear and moving by eating whole grains, psyllium seed, vitamin C, rutin, and vitamin E.

I had many children who are now grown. I am retirement age. Euring pregnancy, I got spider veins that went away after the pregnancy. My veins did not get any worse since I noticed them at age 14. I have consulted with a vein surgeon who told me I could have them removed but since they do not bother me, that is, I am not in pain. The doctor told me that most women have caught up to me and their veins are like mine or worse.

I do not believe I will get whatever I have in the way of varicose veins removed or operated on. Surgery always has its own terrible side effects. Since I have learned to live with these veins after all of these years, that may be what I continue to do.

This is an old thread, and I hope your veins got better. Your babies are in school by now.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#15 of 17 Old 09-01-2017, 01:23 AM

I have used the serum now for approx 3 weeks and success to notice much difference in my veins.Feeling great with the serum.thanks venorid.
applejuice likes this.
#16 of 17 Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 AM

I'm very pleased with this product, it really works. My various vein are getting better can hardly see them. I was able to see the difference on the first time I used venorid.
#17 of 17 Old 10-12-2017, 01:09 AM

Could it be hereditary? I have a spider vein which is much smaller than varicose veins. I am not overweight and I have never been pregnant. I noticed that my mother has them too. The doctor told me it could be hereditary or caused by oral birth control pills. I have never used birth control pills so I thought it could be hereditary. Maybe this is the case for you too. Do not worry though. It is a treatable condition. See a doctor.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page