I sure hope nesting isn't a sign of anything! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 15 Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, for me it may be a sign that I'm a total freak. I noticed behind a candle holder in my bathroom there was a nail clipping and some dust. I cleaned my entire house. : Everywhere I looked there was just one more thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 08-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Haha! Wanna come to my house? My Mom told me the other day that she didn't do any nesting at all until the day before labor began. So, maybe there's hope for me yet! She said she was a cleaning freak for that one day. That's probably what put her into labor!
#3 of 15 Old 08-26-2008, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
nice!

I love when that happens and you just get on a roll with the cleaning. I would love to have that jolt right now, my kitchen is a mess and I wish I could just hire a maid for the next few weeks!

Carrie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mama to Nora(8)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Finn (5)
    and Baby Tiebreaker due 1/18

#4 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 12:06 AM

We have our first home visit from the midwives tomorrow, so there has been a ton of cleaning. however, the farthest my nesting instinct seems to have gotten me was to make a list of stuff for DH to do to get ready. Right now, I am propped up in my glider and he is vacuuming. I feel bad sometimes, but he sure is a sweetheart!

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#5 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 AM

Rachele, that's rich.....absolutely hilarious! That's about how I feel though....making a list is as far as I've gotten too.
#6 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 01:51 AM

Send some of that energy here. I seem to be nesting in terms of getting ready for Halloween and Christmas, but not getting my house clean!

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#7 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 02:08 AM

I rather dislike cleaning. I like having a clean house and all, but with 3 dogs and an oblivious husband it lasts all of 12.5 seconds, so I tend to do just enough to keep everyone healthy. Still, I can tell I'm about to get real antsy and have to settle into some hardcore cleaning. Sigh.

But no, it doesn't mean anything for you (labor-wise), Changed. You still have an entire month to go before that baby comes, you'll make it to October!
#8 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 02:14 AM

it seems like i've spent the entire pregnancy nesting...well, at least this last trimester. Maybe it's because hubby is out of town and I have NOTHING else to do. I'm currently staying with my Mom and she is the one benefiting from the nesting urges. I've remodeled a bathroom, cleaned carpets, and organized cabinets and drawers and rearranged almost everything I even went back to my house this weekend just to make sure my house was spotless and in order for the baby! I feel so proud because I normally don't clean :

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#9 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 02:36 AM

I'm with you! I have been doing uncharacteristic cleaning since practically the day I suspected I was pregnant.

I am afraid I will climb into my closet (it is under the eaves, and very low, and try to start going through the storage in there. DH really only wears 2 pairs of pants/shorts, and about 5 shirts, so I could put the rest away to prepare for DS's arrival. I could move around a lot of storage, but the problem is my inlaws gave us this CRAP dresser which has drawers that stick, and I couldn't stand to have to use it myself. It's looking like I might have to more and more as I try to configure all of these baby things. I have my baby clothes in a bookshelf right now and I get anxious each time I look at it b/c they should be in drawers! Oh dear, now I got myself more worked up, and will probably not sleep tonight because I can't wait to tear into it.
#10 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 04:08 PM

My nesting comes in the form of making baked goods!: I made 4 batches of waffles the other day and this morning I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Dh is beginning to wonder why every grocery list these days has unbleached organic pastry flour on it! LOL!

I went through a cleaning spurt last week but my energy is waning. I had planned on getting down one last bag of nb clothes to put through the washer today but all I have the energy for right now is picking up my knitting needles.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#11 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Dear Changed,

You are cordially invited to come nest at my house, any time, with tea and crumpets to follow.

Sincerely,
Kim
#12 of 15 Old 08-27-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

It's not lasting unfortunately. I did manage to get my butt on the treadmill for half an hour today but the porch project is still undone and it's not looking good for dinner tonight. Might be sandwiches again.
#13 of 15 Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraRae82 View Post
Haha! Wanna come to my house?
:

How about you come to my house too...

PLENTY to clean

-Caitrin

Me
Wife/SAHM/Musician. Mother of 3 boys: William (8), Tristan (6), Lukas (3) and another baby on the way
#14 of 15 Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
I rather dislike cleaning.
laughup Oohh boy, I needed that! Sorry, Lee, I'm not being rude, It just hit me the right way!

I rather (intensly) dislike cleaning too! But we've already had that convo!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#15 of 15 Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 PM

I never really got the urge to clean with ds, but this time (only in the last few weeks) I just get the urge to clean and want to do everything. Baseboards, walls, behind everything, cabinets, etc.. and it's like I notice one thing, then EVERYTHING is filthy and HAS to be cleaned! Then I get over-whelmed and don't do all I want, and then it haunts me from the couch And my urge to sort through things and declutter is annoying me. I don't have the energy for this crap! lol

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page