Circumcision Rates Drop To Zero Because of Coronavirus - Mothering Forums

 9Likes
  • 4 Post By momhouse
  • 1 Post By blessedwithboys
  • 1 Post By momhouse
  • 1 Post By rodari1
  • 1 Post By joandsarah77
  • 1 Post By joandsarah77
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 16 Old 04-17-2020, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Circumcision Rates Drop To Zero Because of Coronavirus

As a mother of two intact boys the number one myth is that they will be made fun of because so many in the USA are circumcised. That never happened to my guys and they are 20. But now no one will be circumcised due to Coronavirus.

You can't get it done and many are deciding to just skip it since everyone else will have to as well. Circumcision rates should be zero for months and a large portion of those babies will just never go back to have it done.

Trust me as someone who has a friend that had it done at six months to their boy. It was the most painful and stressful time for mom and baby. She totally regrets causing such pain because she was worried her baby would not fit in. The real emotional stress for her began after a play group diaper changing and she realized more than 1/2 were intact. That is another story.

The circumcision procedure is not an option and very dangerous during this pandemic. Two friends that had babies said they were not given an option. Elective surgery is not an option right now.

Both had decided not to circumcise, but they said it made it easier to just now worry about it. Another friend that had a recent baby, and would have circumcised, has decided not to because of the new concerns around elective procedures.

My best friend would have lost her son due to a severe issue during his circumcision (she regrets it all now of course). He needed a ventilator because of his reaction to the surgery.

For anyone stressed over the decision it has been made for you. Your little one will have millions of peers now that will all look the same. No more stress. Spread the word.
momhouse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 16 Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 AM
 
blessedwithboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,949
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Circing is my biggest regret as a mother. Not my older son so much because I was only 17 and didn't know any better. I've forgiven myself for that, although I do wish I had not done it. But doing it to my younger son, when I was 25 and had already learned enough to know the issues... I made the choice for a few reasons which at the time seemed valid but now, 18 years later, I would do anything to go back and change my mind.
hakunangovi likes this.

Bring back the old MDC
blessedwithboys is offline  
#3 of 16 Old 04-17-2020, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post
Circing is my biggest regret as a mother. Not my older son so much because I was only 17 and didn't know any better. I've forgiven myself for that, although I do wish I had not done it. But doing it to my younger son, when I was 25 and had already learned enough to know the issues... I made the choice for a few reasons which at the time seemed valid but now, 18 years later, I would do anything to go back and change my mind.
There are so many things we learn over time. At that time there was very little real information on circumcision and a ton of social pressure. All we can do is move on and try and teach others from our mistakes.
hakunangovi likes this.
momhouse is offline  
#4 of 16 Old 04-17-2020, 05:41 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momhouse View Post
You can't get it done and many are deciding to just skip it since everyone else will have to as well.

One good thing from COVID19 - stopping this barbaric practice at least temporarily. I can't understand why anyone would voluntarily choose to needlessly hurt their son.
hakunangovi likes this.
rodari1 is offline  
#5 of 16 Old 04-19-2020, 07:07 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post
Circing is my biggest regret as a mother. Not my older son so much because I was only 17 and didn't know any better. I've forgiven myself for that, although I do wish I had not done it. But doing it to my younger son, when I was 25 and had already learned enough to know the issues... I made the choice for a few reasons which at the time seemed valid but now, 18 years later, I would do anything to go back and change my mind.

My heart goes out to you, and I applaud you for your willingness to share your regret in the hope that it might influence expectant parents to keep their sons whole. The people who make my blood pressure go up are the ones who, despite all the evidence, doggedly stick to their myths and misconceptions and still think that MGM is a valid option.
hakunangovi is offline  
#6 of 16 Old 04-19-2020, 01:39 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodari1 View Post
One good thing from COVID19 - stopping this barbaric practice at least temporarily. I can't understand why anyone would voluntarily choose to needlessly hurt their son.
Has it stopped everywhere though? I know there are some places that have stopped it, but it’s so engrained that I’d be shocked if there aren’t some hospitals continuing with it despite the suspension of elective procedures.
JHardy is offline  
#7 of 16 Old 04-19-2020, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHardy View Post
Has it stopped everywhere though? I know there are some places that have stopped it, but it’s so engrained that I’d be shocked if there aren’t some hospitals continuing with it despite the suspension of elective procedures.
It has here in the midwest. Maybe in some rural areas it has not, but every major population center shoudl not be doing elective surgeries. I just want folks to make educated decisions. Most of the myths as to why you should do it have been busted so long ago, but people still use them to justify it.
momhouse is offline  
#8 of 16 Old 04-19-2020, 03:09 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momhouse View Post
It has here in the midwest. Maybe in some rural areas it has not, but every major population center shoudl not be doing elective surgeries. I just want folks to make educated decisions. Most of the myths as to why you should do it have been busted so long ago, but people still use them to justify it.
I hope it was clear that I wasn’t disagreeing with circumcisions being suspended. It absolutely is elective and unnecessary. And if this causes circumcision rates to continue to drop even after we return to normal, that’s good news to me! I just also know how engrained it is in American culture. So I’m sure there are some hospitals disregarding this directive when it comes to circumcision, or they’re considering it essential.
JHardy is offline  
#9 of 16 Old 04-19-2020, 05:15 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They're cutting back on circumcisions?
Patty Pagan is offline  
#10 of 16 Old 04-20-2020, 06:38 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHardy View Post
I hope it was clear that I wasn’t disagreeing with circumcisions being suspended. It absolutely is elective and unnecessary. And if this causes circumcision rates to continue to drop even after we return to normal, that’s good news to me! I just also know how engrained it is in American culture. So I’m sure there are some hospitals disregarding this directive when it comes to circumcision, or they’re considering it essential.
I'm with you in the hope that the suspension of elective surgeries will cause a drop in circumcision rates, which would be fantastic. But, like you, I'm skeptical enough to suspect some doctors are still performing them - it is, after all, really quick and easy money, which is the main reason that the medical establishment continues to promote it. Greed wins over ethics.
hakunangovi is offline  
#11 of 16 Old 04-21-2020, 04:15 PM
 
joandsarah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Hopefully with many not circumcised the foreskin will stop being demonized. The next step though is stopping bad care and having some of these kids 'having to be circumcised later' because someone injured their foreskin through ignorance. If you know people leaving babies intact send them some intact care literature.
hakunangovi likes this.
joandsarah77 is offline  
#12 of 16 Old 04-22-2020, 05:06 AM
 
Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm sorry, you are wrong. It's the responsibility of "doctors" to decide if they are in operation right now, and some of them do circumcisions. I have no idea why hospitals would suddenly decline surgery on patients; I don't question what you said, but I do question that that reaction of "minimal services" is universal across hospitals.

What it all adds up to is fewer circumcisions. Not zero. Then, we need to consider how many of these babies are going to get hauled in outpatient. More than a few. Don't kid yourself. Finally please remember, when fantasizing, these boys are growing up in Circumcision Land and more than a few of them will be mutilated in their youth to ward off fantasy disease and solve fantasy problems. That can happen from their parents, insane "doctors," or their own choice if they have been influenced by peers or the aforementioned.

So yes, more than a few will be spared, but please, the title is very wrong.
Hunter is offline  
#13 of 16 Old 05-20-2020, 04:17 AM
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What benefits do you see?
anitafox is offline  
#14 of 16 Old 05-23-2020, 08:24 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitafox View Post
What benefits do you see?
I'm not sure if I interpreted your question correctly, but there are huge benefits for a man to remain intact with a complete set of genitalia. A foreskin in the most sensitive organ on the male body.

Go to Youtube and look up "Circumcision, the whole story" (I think) by Dr Christopher Guest.
hakunangovi is offline  
#15 of 16 Old 05-29-2020, 09:30 PM
 
Ron_Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Some circumcisions are actually banned due to the virus

Here is a fresh news piece about some circumcisions actually banned due to the virus, and some circumcisers intent on thwarting the ban.

https://www.therep.co.za/2020/05/28/...-circumcision/

-Ron
HIS body, HIS decision.
Ron_Low is offline  
#16 of 16 Old 06-21-2020, 04:16 PM
 
joandsarah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitafox View Post
What benefits do you see?

What benefits do we see to not cutting?



It’s his body. Only he should have the right to alter it, and only when he’s old enough to have his own informed opinion. Saying parents have a right to remove healthy genital tissue from a boy and not a girl is a double standard. How about we give all children the right to their own body.


The foreskin protects your son’s penis and urinary opening throughout life. It's a barrier to bacteria, detergent and rubbing. It stops the glans from drying out that occurs with circumcision.


Along with the drying out that occurs in the years after a circumcision comes erectile dysfunction and for some women, pain during sex due to the male partners dried out and scared glans. The natural penis remains soft and adds lubrication.



The foreskin is a normal, natural, healthy part of the male body, not a ticking time bomb. Left alone it is very trouble free as much as any other part is.



By not circumcising, you’ll give your son a gentle beginning. No surgical risks, no pain,no risk of any later surgical side effects such as skin bridges, adhesions or meatal stenosis. No risk of the doctor taking too much skin or doing a messy job.



Caring for an intact baby makes your job as parent easier. All you do is sit him in a bath and wipe down from base to tip. Meanwhile parents of circumcised babies have to carefully clean a wound then if the circ is low they have to push the left over detached skin back and clean under it the entire care period. If this skin reataches it can mean a second circumcision.



The foreskin is the most erogenous zone on the male body, not the glans penis.



Unlike the 1960's we now have information easily at our fingertips and your son will grow up in an age were he can easily find information on the benefits that he has as an intact man and simerly if he is cut he can find out that he was surgically altered without his consent and that his parents threw away or sold the most erogenous zone on his body for no good reason.

.
https://www.doctorsopposingcircumcis...our-son-whole/
hakunangovi likes this.
joandsarah77 is offline  
Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 1,668

8 members and 1,660 guests
BernatMay , careshome470 , ChickenAttack , omarinbox1888 , skyrocket , stellanyc , StewartMorrisonv , vraonarln
Most users ever online was 21,860, 06-22-2018 at 08:45 PM.