Is everyone who restores happy? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Does anyone ever restore and not like the result? How much does restoration improve sensation for the man? How much for the woman?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great questions! I am interested in dh restoring.....but I don't know if he is willing to make the committment to it that it would require.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#3 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 04:24 AM

Lots of info here; http://www.norm.org/
#4 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 12:18 PM

I have only heard of one man that didn't like the results. However, I think he may have been a troll. I know that there have been some circumcision fetishists that have restored so they could be circumcised again. The one that said he didn't like it said he was circumcised as an adult and later decided to restore because so much sensitivity had been lost but after the circumcision, it was such a pale comparision to the original equipment that he had himself re-circumcised. This is why I suspect him. The restoration process is so long and arduous that I think he would have realized long before he was finished that he wasn't receiving the results he expected and long before he was finished, he could simply not wear the restored fauxskin forward and go back to circumcised status.

Now, if you wonder about men who start restoration and don't complete it, I suspect the number is very high simply because of the hassle factor and that the improvement comes very, very slowly. It is hard to make a before and after comparison when the elapsed time between the two is years. It's like a very painful injury. You remember that there was intense pain but it is hard to recreate it in your mind. In my case, I realize that my sensitivity has increased so much that my lover can't do some of the things that were once quite comfortable simply because it is too much sensory input. We had to adjust our method to the new reality and sometimes it is still too much.

There is no way to quantitatively measure the improvement for the man simply because it is subjectively and I would suspect it would vary from man to man. The numbers I usually see indicate there is a 40% to 60% loss of sensation to circumcision. However, men who have been circumcised as adults and restore often report that they only get back about 80% of what they once had which would indicate a 75% reduction in sensory input. What ever it is, it is obvious that it is significant. Don't forget that the intent of circumcision was to reduce the sensations the maximum amount while still allowing reproduction in order to control the sexual impulses of the man. From all appearances, it is quite successful in doing this except for the few cases where the man is left so desensitized that he has trouble reproducing or is left with little interest in the act. No one knows how often this is the case. Circumcision is not an exacting procedure and the final results will remain unknown for decades.

The increase for women is also unknown. There is some evidence that the foreskin has a role in stimulation but I don't know if I can buy that one or not. I suspect the role of the foreskin is two fold. First, the woman becomes more excited from the increased excitement and input from her partner and that increases the satisfaction to her and that it reduces chafing at the vaginal sphincter which can be distracting to her and allows her to be more centered on her own sexual feelings during the act. I can only relate to it from my own experience as a man. I know when my partner approaches orgasm, her excitement usually triggers my orgasm. How much that is because of her excitement and how much is the result of the muscular clamping action, I don't know. My lover has told me that is is much more comfortable now and we did give up lubricants long ago and they used to be necessary.

Frank
#5 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking
The increase for women is also unknown. There is some evidence that the foreskin has a role in stimulation but I don't know if I can buy that one or not. I suspect the role of the foreskin is two fold. First, the woman becomes more excited from the increased excitement and input from her partner and that increases the satisfaction to her and that it reduces chafing at the vaginal sphincter which can be distracting to her and allows her to be more centered on her own sexual feelings during the act. I can only relate to it from my own experience as a man. I know when my partner approaches orgasm, her excitement usually triggers my orgasm. How much that is because of her excitement and how much is the result of the muscular clamping action, I don't know. My lover has told me that is is much more comfortable now and we did give up lubricants long ago and they used to be necessary.

Frank
I can say that from my experience it not only feels better because you don't need lube, but the way intact men have sex is usually much different from those that are circumcised. I think there are several reasons why intact is more pleasurable for women. JMO.

AnnMarie
45 & 60 and starting over.

I have 3, he has 4, and we had
Aidan 2/9/17

for another
#6 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I guess I have been spending too much time thinking about this b/c I can't stop crying about it. I can't believe that I can't fix it. It is just awful I feel so bad.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#7 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 03:26 PM

My dh has made a few attempts at restoration. He gets discouraged by the lack of progress easily. It was probably 2 years ago he wore t-tapes at night for about 2 months (not every night- at least 2 out of 3). He did make some progress but he was cut super tight. He gave it up because we were having a hard time getting pregnant. I don't think the t-tapes had anything to do with that but he decided to give it up until I got pregnant. The tapes did get in the way with the "trying" part though. I didn't get pregnant for about a year and then with a rough pregnancy and preemie babies he didn't start trying again until this past Christmas.

If you have specific questions you can PM me. I don't think my dh would like me sharing too much on a message board.

mama to six ('98, '00, '04, '04, '06, '08)
#8 of 19 Old 03-23-2005, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by errejasu
My dh has made a few attempts at restoration. He gets discouraged by the lack of progress easily. It was probably 2 years ago he wore t-tapes at night for about 2 months (not every night- at least 2 out of 3). He did make some progress but he was cut super tight.

I can relate to that. I was also cut very tight and it was almost 3 months before I saw any difference to speak of and then only very slight. It was hard to keep going at that time. I really started seeing significant differences at about 5 months but it was still nothing to write home about. At about a year, the difference was really becoming significant and as the years continued, the improvement continued slowly but surely.

I did pay special attention to what I felt before I started and carefully noted and stored in my mind so that I could identify any progress. I think that had something to do with me being able to keep it up. There were stepping stones of progress like the last time we used artificial lubricants that stick in my mind till today. Now, I can clearly remember the specific differences and see tremendous progress that I might have missed if I hadn't established that benchmark.

Frank
#9 of 19 Old 03-25-2005, 06:24 PM

My dh had a very tight circumcision and even when he doesn't have an erection the it is not too much loose skin on the shaft and most full erections are painful for him. So my dh started restoring about 8 months ago and we've seen that the shaft skin is a little looser but thats about it and I guess because so much skin was cut off it will take years to to stretch the skin so it covers the penis head. So the results are very discouraging for him and he has kind of given of for now.
#10 of 19 Old 03-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
I can say that from my experience it not only feels better because you don't need lube, but the way intact men have sex is usually much different from those that are circumcised. I think there are several reasons why intact is more pleasurable for women. JMO.
My dh is several years into the restoration process, and I KNOW that his technique has changed dramatically. Its much more gentle now. The movements are different. Its definately better and more pleasureable. So I have to say that I think that technique is a huge reason why intact is better for women.
#11 of 19 Old 03-26-2005, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1_10
My dh had a very tight circumcision and even when he doesn't have an erection the it is not too much loose skin on the shaft and most full erections are painful for him. So my dh started restoring about 8 months ago and we've seen that the shaft skin is a little looser but thats about it and I guess because so much skin was cut off it will take years to to stretch the skin so it covers the penis head. So the results are very discouraging for him and he has kind of given of for now.
Try to encourage him. Did he feel any different with the little bit of results he did have? Did it at least cut down on his pain when he had an erection? If so, remind him of that. If not, tell him that if he goes on, the more skin that grows, the better it will be for him because that should mean no more pain during a full erection.

OT~ Do any of you think we'll ever see the day when most boys in this country are NOT circumcised? I know it's changing and the numbers are going down, but not fast enough. I really wish we could get laws passed to make boys equal to girls so that it can't be done on either. We live in a sad, sad country or time or however you'd like to say it. I think it's a little bit of both.

AnnMarie
45 & 60 and starting over.

I have 3, he has 4, and we had
Aidan 2/9/17

for another
#12 of 19 Old 03-26-2005, 04:51 PM

Kathy_10: restoration is a slow, slow process. It might be tremendous progress for him if erections are no longer painful. For those cut super tight, it could take several years. I second Frank's idea of keeping a journal.

AnnMarie, I think that we've already made a lot of progress. When my sons were born, almost everyone was getting their sons circ'ed except for us radical home-birthing hippie mamas, such as myself. :LOL Now the rate is under 60%. Yes, that's still way too many, but I have hope for the future.
#13 of 19 Old 03-27-2005, 01:39 AM

I see the day coming when the majority won't do it. I am amazed at how far we have come in the short amount of time that I have been involved in the intact movement. (7 years) I have seen the tables turn. It used to be that everyone around me was doing it for no reason at all. Now I try to give out information only to have parents tell me that they have already researched it and there is no way that they are doing it. It makes sense to more and more people.

I think that the time will come in just the next few years when the balance will tip in the other direction, and there will be more intact boys. Once that happens those who are just following the crowd will decide to leave their boys intact. The myths will be put to rest because of the evidence of so many healthy intact boys who are not needing circumcisions later.

It will happen!
#14 of 19 Old 03-27-2005, 11:35 AM

Party of Six: don't you mean ...healthy intact boys who are NOT needing circumcisions later?
#15 of 19 Old 03-28-2005, 12:00 PM

Of course that's what I meant!!
#16 of 19 Old 03-30-2005, 06:25 PM

[QUOTE=AnnMarie]Try to encourage him. Did he feel any different with the little bit of results he did have? Did it at least cut down on his pain when he had an erection? If so, remind him of that. If not, tell him that if he goes on, the more skin that grows, the better it will be for him because that should mean no more pain during a full erection.

Yes sex felt more comfortable for him, but it seemed to make the skin around the penis head and circumcision scar more tender he would sometimes bleed a little in those areas during sex. He pretty much stop having painful erections, but the skin is still tight but it has loosen a lot when he is soft. I have been encouraging him to continue or at least try a different method of restoring.
#17 of 19 Old 03-30-2005, 11:20 PM

I hope I don't sound stupid : , but...

Is restoration permanent? Or does it require "maintenance"?
#18 of 19 Old 03-30-2005, 11:39 PM

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. It is permanent.

Frank
#19 of 19 Old 04-01-2005, 02:35 AM

Thanks Frank.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page