Going from No cable (with movies) to no movies - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 09-07-2008, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need help. Encouragement.

A year ago, we cut the cable cord. My daughter was watching waaaaay too much commercial TV and I HATED IT. So byebye cable. It was great-- I'd say we had about 3 hard days and then it got easier.

We've still been watching movies and honestly, I'm ready to see them go. The TV is such a big issue-- my daughter (age 4) loooooooovvvvveeesssss it. My 2-year-old is starting to get into it. I hate myself for letting the kids watch it (typically during naptime for my son) because I feel the time adds up.

My daughter is so freaking clingy that turning on the tube is all I can do not to have her try to climb back in my womb.

Anyone ever gone from cable to dvds to nothing? I'm thinking that, with the upcoming fall (and the return of NORMAL weather to Texas-- it is hot, humid and mosquitoe-y here) that it will be a good time.

I need help. I need encouragement. I need for you to hide my DVD player.

Welcome to the Real World she said to me, condescendingly, take a seat. Take your life; plot it out in black and white.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

My daughter is so freaking clingy that turning on the tube is all I can do not to have her try to climb back in my womb.
That was the funniest thing I've read today!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that you've come a long way in the tv-free spectrum mama! Good for you!

As for how to get rid of the DVD habit, can you do one craft project during naptime everyday? Or what about books on CD during that time? Naptime is sacred in my house too, so I'm sure with 2 kiddos it's vital. I don't have much to suggest, but wanted to you get some encouragement. Good luck!

Producing great kids since 2006!
#3 of 3 Old 09-08-2008, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

I keep her nails trimmed just in case she sees an opportunity and tries to go for it. No pap smear exams with her in tow!

Oh, btw, no tv during naptime today...or at all. Now just have to get my husband on board with hiding it in a closet.

Hey Dora...can you say "adios?"

Welcome to the Real World she said to me, condescendingly, take a seat. Take your life; plot it out in black and white.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page