Cod liver oil and vit d supps okay together? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In an effort to improve my general health and immune function I recently purchased Carlson's CLO and vit D drops. Now I'm thinking that may be too much vit D to take at the same time. I love the benefits of CLO but also have heard great things about the drops. Is it safe to take them both do you think? I also take a liquid multi vit but it only has like 400 IU of vit D. If I shouldn't take both, which would you suggest? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-01-2009, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
I take 2-4 CLO capsule thingies each day (I have a hard time swallowing pills so it's whatever I can get down in addition to my prenatals) & 4,000IU of Vit D drops on the recommendation of my children's doctor. They take 2,000IU plus 1 or 2 CLO a day. The CLO has a pretty good dose of Vit. D but not much compared to the drops.

So, yes, I think they're safe to take together. But you might want to check w/ your HCP.

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#3 of 3 Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the response. I think it would be okay as well. My multi vit only has 400 IU and the cod liver oil says that it only has 400 IU per teaspoon as well. The drops are 2000 IU per drop so I think I'm well within a safe limit with all three. It was good to have the opinion of someone who has experience with the supplements. Thank you so much.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page