Mom has flu, concerned about passing to bf'ing 12m.o. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-08-2009, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone.

I have what I am fairly certain is some strain of the flu- low fever, chills, fatigue, super sensitive skin (nerves), and yesterday/last night/this AM had an awful sore throat. I am also super congested, have a congestion headache, and have a runny nose.

I rarely get sick and eat what I think to be a fairly healthy diet, though I'm sure my Vit D levels are low ... I do not eat much meat or drink a lot of milk, though I do consume a fair amount of dairy in the form of cheeses.

I am worried about passing any illness to almost one year old DD, who is a very healthy little girl who still bf's regularly. We co sleep (mostly, sometimes she spends part of the night in her crib). She eats fairly healthy solids-wise- tons of raw/cooked veggies, beans, etc.

Should I be worried? How can I keep her from getting sick as well? Kind of anxious here.

forever following the lead of a colorful active little monkey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-10-2009, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you are still breastfeeding you are passing antibodies to any virus that you may have on to your DD. This will likely help her either not get sick or get over the illness more quickly.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#3 of 3 Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Agree with previous poster... don't sweat it!! You are breastfeeding - because of this, she will have a strong immune system and she'll be fine. I would try to get more vit D always, and supplement with vit C during infections, very important.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page