Probiotics left in a hot car all day - toss them? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm really bummed. I bought a brand new jar of probiotics, and forgot to bring them in the house. They were left in the car on a hot day for a good 6 hours at least. Any chance they are still good, or do they need to go in the trash?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Any guess at what the temperature was? What is it....110 degrees that they can survive up to? I'd guess you're fine. Deffinitely no sense in throwing them out. Even if they were dead there would still be no harm in taking them on given the chance that they'd be just fine.

Laurie, wife to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DH (Aug/04), mom to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS1 (Nov/05),
DS2 (June/12),
DD (May/15). 
#3 of 4 Old 08-17-2009, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cars get considerably hotter than outside temps unfortunately. I'd take them anyway along with another that I knew was good. They may have some left over efficacy and throwing them away does no good. On the other hand, I'd assume they don't have enough to be the sole source of probiotic for anyone.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#4 of 4 Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kefir?
i left mine and they turned green and smelled very bad. drained them and put them in my plants, but wouldn´t take them if they were green!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page