tendency toward headrushes and fainting - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I have always gotten headrushes if I stand up too fast etc... and I guess I faint more than is "normal" too- maybe I've fainted a half a dozen times. Once when I was 5 mo. pregnant. My midwife said people don't ususally faint. I am wondering if anyone knows what this might be attributed to. I am going to make an appointment with our homeopath, but thought I would check here to see if anyone else deals with this. Yesterday I went to a new exercise class and thought I was going to pass out in the middle. *granted* it was pretty strenuous and i was more dehydrated than I shoudl have been, but i'm not in terrible shape. It started to concern me and I want to figure out what might be going on. Thanks!

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 02:04 PM

I have low blood pressure and often get the head rush when standing up suddenly. I was told that's normal for people w/ low bp. I'm also hypoglycemic (low blood sugar, but not diabetic), so maybe it's the combo for me. I've never passed out before though. How's your bp?

Wendy nak
#3 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 03:07 PM

I also get head rushes and sometimes faint- from low blood pressure. mine is not super low- it's 98/55, but low enough to cause this. Especially if coupled with anemia, which I've had, too!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right

#4 of 6 Old 02-24-2004, 11:02 PM

For me it was hypoglycemia. My symptoms were worse during my pregnancy too. I went over my diet with my ND and found out that I was eating alot of starchs and simple sugars and not enough protein; especially in the morning.
Try a protein packed breakfast and see if it doesn't change. I also found that I was intolerant to wheat; consuming alot of toast, cream of wheat etc. If I don't eat enough protein I can feel my fainting symptoms, headrushes, fuzzy vision.
#5 of 6 Old 02-25-2004, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks... I do have low bp- I'm not sure exactly what the numbers are, but my midwives mentioned that its pretty low. I had my blood tested about 2 years ago when I was having recurrent light-headed spells (was in a highly stressful job, long story, had MRI, nothing turned up) and I was not anemic. I wasnt' anemic during my pregancy either. I eat a lot of protein, I think- but perhaps i could do a food journal or something to check my assumptions against the reality- lol! But, i don't eat a lot of processed food or junk- pretty much all whole grains, veggies, natural meats, organic, etc... I am really sensitive to how much water I've had though, so I"m tanking up. I'm interested to see what my homeopath says, but dont have an appointment for another 3 weeks. Thanks for the suggestions, all!

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#6 of 6 Old 02-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Banned

Low blood sugar here too, and I get really light-headed when eating carbs before three-ish in the afternoon.
You don't need to eat junk food to become hypoglycemic.
Many (if not all) hypoglycemic persons will have weakened adrenals. When these glands are not functioning properly your body cannot tolerate carbs very well at all (the cause of weakened adrenals is an overload of carbs over an extended period of time). Not even whole grains. For a while I used to have millet porridge in the morning and that would give me palpitations along with the faint dizzy-spells. Then I had no clue why.
I found that I need mainly proteins in the morning and early afternoon and more carbs (along with meat) like roots in the evening for dinner to keep my blood sugar stable.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page