C. Diff and Probiotics - Infant? - Mothering Forums

2Likes
  • 1 Post By sofrito
  • 1 Post By ctastet

#1 of 3 Old 04-12-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. My daughter is 11 months old and was just diagnosed with C. Diff. Her doctors have her on flagyl, but I'd like to also give her the best probiotic for this particular bacteria. Problem is, I am a bit overwhelmed with information. She is currently taking HLC Neocate, as we have been taking that regularly. She also eats an organic cow's milk yogurt (about 6 oz. a day - she loves it). Does anyone have any experience with or suggestions for the best probiotic(s) to take to help treat and prevent C. Diff in an infant? What about kefir? Is this something I could give her in addition to/ in place of a probiotic? I am just learning about all the good bacteria/bad bacteria/healthy gut stuff, so thanks in advance for any information!
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-13-2019, 04:44 AM

I know this is an old post but I was wondering how your daughter recovered from the cdiff. Did it take a while? My son who is six has it and took flagyl but now I think it’s coming back and I am extremely worried as I feel hopeless it will never go away. I just need some advice and reassurance please. Thanks!
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 3 Old 07-17-2020, 07:43 AM

For infant - no, I won't recommend. Personally, I use probiotics all of the time - NPGR. When I was overseas in a developing country they were lifesavers with all of the digestive distress that we routinely experienced. A high quality probiotic is essential so I don't recommend going cheap on this particularly product. I love Microbiome Plus but it can be expensive (I saw a coupon for it though - https://microbiomeplus.com/collectio...31253741076580 ). If you follow the prices you can buy half cheaper.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page