So, my dh (we're separated) took my kids, ages 3, 5 & 9, to an open house today. They stunk of cigarette smoke when they got home. I bathed them and washed their hair and can still smell it. They were at the house (people were smoking in the house) for about 3 hours, mabye more.
My concern is that I have a bed allergy to smoke. My oldest has asthma. My 3 yr old just had to surgery to remove tonsils & adenoids & put in ear tubes just under 3 weeks ago; she also had RSV as an infant.
Is there anything I can do to help them not have an adverse reaction or is it too late? Is there any homeopathy or herbal anything to boost their systems to fight off any reaction?
I tend to have laryngitis or bronchitis within hours of even 5 minutes in a smoking environment so this isn't just an overreaction on my part; I really am concerned, especially for my 3 yr old.
Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1