I need help ASAP! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 03-29-2004, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HI! I have a yeast infection- tried a over the counter med and had some bad adverse reaction to it- can you please suggest something I could do to cure - and at least relieve this! Quickly! I am in trouble! Thank you!
Emilie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-29-2004, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First, are you sure its a yeast infection? Have you had one before?
I tried Monistat once and it almost killed me, Oh THE PAIN!
Canesten worked much better with no pain or irritation. I've also used Diflucan (one oral dose pill, available by prescription) before and it worked very fast but if you're nursing or pregnant you can't use it. For instant relief and soothing you might want to try active cultured yogurt, applied to the irritated area and up the vagina. Also Boric acid tablets are effective. You can probably buy them at a natural drug store. Good luck!
#3 of 6 Old 03-29-2004, 08:41 PM

The above post is to help with the immediate problem but in general, to avoid another infection you might also want to try hard to cut out all sugars and things that feed yeast, eat lots of yogurt (unsweetened, of course) and take probiotics.

#4 of 6 Old 03-29-2004, 08:55 PM

I swear by yogurt. Put it in, put it on and I'm done with the yeasties in about a day.............

I feel your pain, mama.......yuck.
#5 of 6 Old 03-29-2004, 09:48 PM

If it's a really bad infection you can get liquid acidophilus at the HFS and soak a tampon in it and insert it. Use a cotton swab to apply the acidophilus to your labia/inner labia. You can also add fresh chopped garlic to the acidophilus solution to help. Another remedy is "knicked garlic." Meaning, you peel it, make knick marks all over it and insert it like a tampon.

You should use your finger to sweep any yeast growth off your cervix if you can. Rinse it and do another sweep until it comes out clean and then insert your remedies. Eliminating sugars and limiting carbs and cutting out yeasted breads and beer will also help during this time.

Lastly, if you want to pm me to tell me about your symptoms like discharge color and odor- or better yet email me b/c my pm box is always full, I am glad to help. There are quite a few kinds of vaginal infection you can cure naturally at home. I'll be glad to help however I can.
Lauren
#6 of 6 Old 03-29-2004, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I've used tea tree oil and found it works really well. I have used it straight, but prefer to cut it with a little of another kind of oil like vitamin E or apricot, olive, something like that.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page