Recurrent ear infections 18 m/o. Chiropractic care? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 04-19-2011, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Long story short DD has had 5 ear infections in 4 months which started the day after she got a HiB vax (I got scared even though I had stopped vaxing her due to health issues after vaxing and Dr talked me into doing HiB only).

Whether or not you believe the vax had anything to do with it is not the point of the thread.

So I just switched to a holistic pediatrician (YAY!) but our appointment is not until the 28th. She was diagnosed with a really bad ear infection that even gave her pink eye almost a week ago. I have been freaking out since they have been pushing antibiotics for all her ear infections.

I read about chiropractic care for recurrent ear infections. Our insurance does not cover it and it's out of pocket $45 per visit. Dr. said she will need anywhere from 4-7 visits...but he can work out a payment plan for us and do one pro bono.

So firstly is this going to be worth it? I would appreciate a BTDT POV.

Also do you think that amount of visits is overkill?

I have never been to a chiropracter before and don't want to get snowballed over here. We are really low income as well and I need to do what's best for my DD but I of course want to do it the cheapest way I can holistically.

I have tried the garlic and mullein oil to no avail.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Personally I feel chiropractic for recurrent ear infections is extremely useful - I also feel it's useful for alot of other things too, but I also have covered visits. DS has had ear infections. I treat them holistically and not with antibiotics since most of the time they are viral, and with regular chiropractic visits. He hasn't had one in a long time.

I am of the mind that if you feel that something has a chance to help your child, but it is expensive and not easily affordbale - do it anyway.  Here is an example. My DS has allergies. As a result he struggled with severe eczema. I tried many things, mostly alternative and holistic and even cortisone out of desperation. I discovered our chiropractor's husband - also a chiro does BIOSET allergy elimination. My good friend had been seeing him for bad food allergies and had amazing results. It is expensive and not covered by insurance. He agreed to let me run a balance and pay a certain amount every month. I am in debt - I will be repaying this man for a long time but my son doesn't have eczema anymore. It was so effective, I decided Im worth it to go even further into debt and am now seeing him for myself! I understand some things may be out of reach, but if this chiro has agreed to a payment plan that is acceptable to you - I would go for it. Good luck!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page