Hormonal Imbalances, Spotting, Sex Drive, etc. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

After I had my son in July 2010, I had a Mirena IUD put in for BC. This is my 3rd IUD and I've never had any problems. In any case, For the past 18 months, I have had a host of seemingly unconnected problems that I'm now wondering are part of a greater hormonal imbalance. I had extended post partum depression and anxiety, and I now have a period for 3 days and then spot for another week or two until I ovulate and then it starts all over again. I rarely want to have sex and generally feel asexual. I have very low energy and sleep all the time, but never feel rested.

I went to my doctor to talk about these issues and she ran a battery of tests on my hormones and thyroid. Everything came out normal, but borderline. I don't quite know how to read the results so if anyone does, I'd be happy to post some of the results. In general it seemed like my LH was on the low end, my free testosterone was almost at the lowest end of normal, and my sex-hormone binding globulin was at the way bottom end of normal.

So my question is, what can I do about these results? My doctor obviously thinks I'm totally normal, even at the bottom end. Is there anything I can do, natural or prescription, to help relieve my symptoms? Do you think this problem is caused by the IUD?

Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+ DH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
Daniel (7/5/10)

Tags
Health Healing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page