Yeast infection vs Bacteria Vaginosis and Balantis - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 03-07-2015, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yeast infection vs Bacteria Vaginosis and Balantis

I've had excruciating burning(I couldn't sit) on the vulva with some swelling as well. My first thought was a yeast infection and when my husband told me he had white spots on his penis and skin tightening and not stretching on the foreskin (we read this can be a symptom of male yeast infection) as well as discomfort for him during sex, our doctor agreed about a yeast infection. We both took diflucin and are currently doing the cream too. My burning went away 80% in one day and my husband says he's noticed improvement as well. The swabs the Dr took came back negative for yeast but positive for Bacteria Vaginosis. I have to check with the pharmacist but since I am breastfeeding I may be unable to take the antibiotics. Now I'm freaking out that perhaps my husband has balantis instead of yeast as he is uncircumcised. Dr office isn't open til Monday. Is it possible the swab for yeast was a false negative? Could I have both yeast and BV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-07-2015, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm just confused because if I only have BV I've read canesten cream for yeast will not improve it but possibly make it worse. Instead I've seen improvement.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page