Yes, it's possible for you to get a yeast infection. There are a number of physical signs that may indicate a yeast infection. The most common symptoms include:
1. Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance
2. Vaginal pain and soreness
3. A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating
4. Itching and irritation in the vagina and at the entrance to the vagina (vulva)
5. Redness and swelling of the vulva
Yeast infections can be cured with antifungal medicines that include Creams, Tablets, Ointments or suppositories that are inserted into the vagina or herbal medicine like Fuyan Pill.
Remember that you should only treat a yeast infection yourself if you are fully confident in your diagnosis. Some oral treatment like single-dose tablet of the antifungal medication fluconazole (Diflucan) is usually prescribed by a doctor as the treatment. Relief can be expected within the first 12-24 hours. However, as we all know, antibiotics will cause drug resistance that means it may relieve the symptoms in certain time but may occur recurrently if patients stop taking it. Herbal therapy like Fuyan Pill is another alternative option. It is made from Chinese herbs without any side effects and drug resistance.