Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (https://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.mothering.com/forum/45-women-s-health/)
-   -   Have you found any natural remedies for seasonal allergies? (https://www.mothering.com/forum/45-women-s-health/1605877-have-you-found-any-natural-remedies-seasonal-allergies.html)

CricketVS 04-24-2018 09:23 AM

Have you found any natural remedies for seasonal allergies?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 51211

Quote:

If you do a quick internet search, there is an abundance of advice on of natural ways to treat allergies, from stinging nettles to apple cider vinegar to using essential oils and eating local honey. But do any of them work? It turns out that the science is either iffy or nonexistent on most natural allergy treatments. 4 Natural Treatments For Seasonal Allergies That Actually Help
Have you found any natural remedies for seasonal allergies that actually work?

ournaturaltruth 04-25-2018 06:12 AM

It depends....

If you are allergic to flowers, local honey works better than anything else I know. As far as trees go, because they essentially self-pollinate by utilizing the wind, bees don't really catch much tree pollen except the pollen they just so happen to catch by flying. Bees mainly pollinate flowers and crops. For someone that is really suffering from allergies I would suggest that you get an allergy panel completed so you can have a better idea of what it is that is bothering you. Until then, consuming an anti-inflammatory diet is a good start as is taking vitamins and drinking plenty of water to help your body stay hydrated so that it can eliminate the pollen collected in your airways. Good luck.

t2009 05-07-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CricketVS (Post 19732281)
Attachment 51211

Have you found any natural remedies for seasonal allergies that actually work?

Well, I don’t suffer from seasonal allergies but my son does. His allergies have gotten remarkably better after giving up dairy. He used to have a chronic cough from allergies for basically half the year (spring & fall) & no more! We took him to an MD who also practices acupuncture. He recommended giving up dairy & also taking a strong probiotic & he prescribed some herbs. It’s all helped. Now we also do a saline nasal spray & immune boosting supplements. It’s pretty bad now (lots in bloom), but more acute for my son rather than long lasting. Good luck finding a solution that works for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuluv 03-21-2019 11:30 PM

Seasonal allergies are common and need special attention for babies, so it is advisable to use calming baby bath to keep your baby calm and composed with every wash. It has soothing and calming lavender which delivers maximum nutrients, protection and moisturization.

WaturMama 06-03-2019 11:53 AM

Filtering air in the house and wearing masks when exposed to intense allergens outside (like when I'm sleeping in a tent or gardening) have made the biggest difference for me. This is a thorough article that covers both: https://www.filterjoe.com/2016/11/20...filtering-air/. I also think that MSM powder (a quarter tsp twice a day) is helping. I'm not sure if the local, raw honey is helping, but it is delicious!

ZoyaPagut 09-25-2019 07:59 AM

First of all, it could be skin rush or any sneezing or cough. There is two main seasons, when all allergic suffers from their diseases, it's Spring and Autumn. So at the beginning of this seasons i recommend to use anti-allergies pillows. But first consult with your doctor, maybe it's not a seasonal problem.

E.Brown 10-16-2019 03:56 AM

hello,
my kquitzy is not good from last week.
Do you know any good vet doctor for checkup?
or suggest me some natural remedies for it.

tarbertsand 03-20-2020 03:15 PM

I discovered that Manuka Honey works for me

StephanieHarmon 04-15-2020 12:38 AM

Stinging Nettle seems like an odd choice for improving health, but when properly prepared, it has been shown to treat all manner of concerns, especially including histamine overreactions and inflammation. It’s been widely used in natural medicine for at least a millennium, and probably even further back, as a tea, but common preparations now include tinctures or freeze-dried capsules as well. Hope this helps.

Kolkad 05-04-2020 04:36 AM

Hi there, girls! I think you might like CBD for this purpose. I have been using it for some time, and I feel so much better, honestly. Maybe you will find it helpful to you too, think about it :)

Alebertina Geller 06-05-2020 03:52 AM

Probiotics can help you with allergies. You can either take it naturally from greek yogurt, kefir, kimchi or else you can go for a probiotic supplement. I prefer taking supplements because natural products have sugar and for different probiotic strain you will have to eat different products.

afouger 06-09-2020 11:20 AM

I've been having AWFUL allergies the past few weeks, and I'm in Texas too, so I feel your pain! haha I just started taking megadoses of liposomal vitamin c and it seems to be helping - not 100% getting rid of them, but making them bearable. Plus I do take Zyrtec too, but that plus the C seems to be keeping things under control.

Arishaa 06-18-2020 04:10 PM

First of all, it seems to me that you need to understand what an allergy is. As far as I know, this is a body reaction to any stimulus that has the wrong type of protein. Therefore, depending on the state of your immunity, allergic reactions will be stronger or almost invisible. I know that the better your immunity, the greater the chance of avoiding allergy symptoms. So first of all, I would look for ways to improve immunity in a natural way. For example, a good amount of vitamin C is needed for good immunity. I have found an interesting article, Liposomal Vitamin C Deliver More Vitamin C payload, and it seems to me that you will also find a lot of interesting and useful information for you here. I think that even if you eat citrus fruits every day, this doesn't guarantee that you get a daily intake of vitamin C for a person, so you need to make sure that your body receives this vitamin completely and in the right dosage.

Hores 07-31-2020 02:28 AM

I would recommend that you check out the service called Canadian Pharmacy. I am sure that you will find something really working and good for you there. It is a very good and trusted resource which I like so much!