need help with building up immunity/pregnant - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 12-14-2002, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all-- I am now in the midst of my 2nd really bad virus in 2.5 weeks and am looking for ideas/info sources on naturally building up my immune system. I am 35 weeks pregnant so it has to be safe. Thanks in advance!!
dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-15-2002, 12:40 AM

Hi,

I would start eatting lots of foods that are high in vitamin c...all the ones you can tolerate that is...kiwi, cawliflower, kale, etc...
I use an oil blend called Thieves which is a blend of cinnamon, clove, lemon and others...it knocks just about anything out!!
Lemon oil is also an immune booster and helps to build up white blood cells..which are the cells that fight off infection.
You can inhale these or rub on drop on each foot, I would say three or four times a day while you are sick and just before bed when you are well...

Also drinking lots of water is always good...but I bet you knew that already!!

Because you are pregnant I really encourage you to get therapeutic grade oils...hope you get well soon!!

Oils
#3 of 7 Old 12-15-2002, 02:01 AM

hmm I would avoid putting clove or cinnamon essential oils on the skin at all ( pregnant or not ) as they contain major sensitisers. Altho' I s'pose if you have to put them somewhere, the skin on your foot is at least thick so less chance of them permeating!

My advice to you is to find a decent acupuncturist. I have one who is wonderful & does mainly pregnancy acupuncture. I got flu when I was about 9 weeks pg last time & was getting treated for real bad morning sickness. She stuck a few needles in me & I got better!!! I was blown away. Now every time I have the slightest sniffle, I go get some acupuncture.

As you're 35 weeks pg, could you be getting a bit aneamic?

#4 of 7 Old 12-17-2002, 05:59 AM

madawna.......

I'm a week overdue with our second baby. Thieves is a great oil...here's a little about the history: Thieves™ was created from research about four thieves during the 15th-century plague who used cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics to protect themselves while robbing plague victims. They would have handerchiefs saturated with this oil combination placed over their faces while they robbed people who had died from the plague. They NEVER got the plague. hieves has a 99.96% effective rate against airborne bacteria. Anyway...yes, it is pretty strong; which is why its suggested that it be applied to the feet or diluted with a carrier oil first. When I fly....I take a handkerchief with me, dotted with a couple drops of the oil. It works like a charm Another good oil from Young Living (which is where I get my therapeutic-grade oils) is ImmuPower. www.youngliving.com Oh, oh...one more while I'm at it...lol. Gentle Baby oil from Young Living is what I had diffused at my labor and what I massaged my newborn with from the beginning. It had nurses coming from other floors, asking what that wonderful smell was.

For viruses, I use Nature Sunshine's VS-C (in extract form). Viruses are tricky little buggers to kill and what this formula does is make the body a very unfavorable environment for the viruses to live in. Its made a believer out of my skeptical husband and its the first thing we reach for when we have an inkling a virus is at work. www.naturessunshine.com

That said....there is no substitute for good nutrition and plenty of water and rest. Sounds cliche, but oh, so true. On the homeopathic front......has there been any changes, good or bad in your life, that might have affected your energy flow? Good luck and have a great labor & delivery!

Lisa

PS...Oilsforever....I am addicted to essential oils and your name intrigued me. How long have you been into it??
#5 of 7 Old 12-17-2002, 12:44 PM

Hi Spyiispy...

I realize this is not the right place to be putting this...but I'm not so great with writing private notes unless I get one first...LOL...ok, ok, I'll go figure it out :stickouttongue

Anyway, I have been involved with YL for about 8 months. I do it as a business, so am very cautious about what I write on the boards, I don't want all my posts deleted!! I am so glad you wrote what you did about Thieves..I love it..I even wear it as a perfume..ummmm

I am always happy to chat with an oil lover...especially a YL oil lover...so feel free to write to me anytime!!

Oils
[email protected]
#6 of 7 Old 12-17-2002, 04:36 PM

Well, I'm not involved with Young Living in any fashion, except as a consumer, so I can endorse them all I want...lol. I haven't found any other oil that is as potent as YL. I do buy other brands occasionally, if I'm out of Lavender, for example, I can get the Aura Cacia brand at pretty much any grocery store here in Seattle. I do also like Nature Sunshine's oils.

Which are your favorite combos?? Madawna.....I hope you are feeling better!!!

Lisa

PS...Aren't essential oils addictive?? LOL
#7 of 7 Old 12-17-2002, 04:47 PM

Hi Lisa,

I think we are taking over the thread...maybe I will start a new one...LOL..

I really really love Thieves and as I said even wear it as a perfume...I like lavender, peace & calming (and need alot of it too)...when I first started using them I really liked Purification and clean with it all the time...
The only ones I am not so fond of as yet are the trees..myrrh, idaho balsam fir, and any of the ones that come from trees...I really don't know what it is...I still use them but don't "like" them...
They are very addictive and I can't imagine what I did without them...my whole life has changed since using them...and I also love that I can use them on my ds...that is so great!!!

Ok, I am going to go and start a new thread in Talk among ourselves...so we can chat there..ok?? LOL

Sorry for taking over the thread...:

Oils

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page