Warts! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 16 Old 01-16-2006, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you get rid of a wart? DD (2yo) has a wart on her finger. How did she get it? I also have one on the bottom of my foot. I'm pregnant and I hesitate to use any of the OTC remidies. Does anyone have any advice or remidies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 01-17-2006, 03:42 AM

Warts....hmmm...I know there are some homeopathic creams that may be OK while pregnant. As for your child, the homeopathic may work as well...and it isn't as scary as some of the OTC medicines that burn the skin with chemicals. Of course you can always get warts frozen off, but I'm pretty sure that would be a little scary for your little one!
I don't know much...but I gather that warts are pretty common...and they can come and go. Nothing to really worry about.
#3 of 16 Old 01-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Banned

Increase yellow and orange veggies, ie-corn, squashes, carrots, etc.

If the one on your foot is a plantar's wart....that one has a root that needs to be killed or removed...I would search the forums....I think I remember someone saying duct tape works...

#4 of 16 Old 01-17-2006, 07:10 AM

Castor oil(cold pressed preferably) and baking soda work to remove warts/moles/skintags. Mix into a putty~like paste, rub well onto affected area(careful not to get any on surrounding skin as it can be irritating) and apply a bandaid over it overnight. Reapply in morning and replace bandaid. Continue 2-3 times daily until wart is gone.(3 days to 3 weeks.)
Garlic works as well although I heard it is very irritating.
#5 of 16 Old 01-17-2006, 03:38 PM

the homeopathic for warts is thuja occ.. Edie had warts for years. We did the remedy in conjunction with the topical cream. It took about three weeks. She hasn't had a wart in over a year.

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#6 of 16 Old 01-17-2006, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas! I'm going to give these remedies a try. I like the idea of increasing the yellow & orange veggies.
#7 of 16 Old 01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap
Thanks mamas! I'm going to give these remedies a try. I like the idea of increasing the yellow & orange veggies.
Check on the vegan recipe sites for recipes. I find that their desserts are often healthier than our dinner was.
My favorite is the pumpkin tofu pie, sweetened with maple syrup, just melts in your mouth!
#8 of 16 Old 01-18-2006, 12:56 AM

No joke, the doctor I was referred to told me to put duck tape (or is it duct tape--the silver all purpose tape) on the wart every day--file it down with an exclusively wart file--a file you just use on the wart--and put new tape on it)...it worked for me...

...this was of course AFTER I reminded him I was breastfeeding and wasn't going to try this new compound (because it wasn't bf friendly)...he said it's in the middle of a study, proving that it gets rid of them...it worked for me...hth
#9 of 16 Old 01-18-2006, 02:18 AM

Joe had a wart a while back. It was getting HUGE so we finally tried the OTC remedies. We tried the liquid stuff but it was messy & did not stay on the wart long enough to be effective, & the instructions were not very clear; I did not know whether we were supposed to file the wart each day or not... Next we tried the freezing method, which I do NOT recommend for your child. Joe screamed in pain & it was horrible. (After he did Joe's finger, his dad used the freezing method on HIS wart, & he got tears in his eyes, he said it hurt like a mother! Why didn't he do his finger first, you ask??? :mad: ;lol: )

Anyway after that we took a wart break but it was still not going away. About a week later I went & got the band aids with the medicine in them. They have them for kids, smaller & with bright designs. That worked well, & was the most pain-free of the bunch. It looked really GROSS as it was healing though!!

Good luck.
#10 of 16 Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 AM

i have seen the duct tape actually work! I would stick to the homeopathics, but if something works, wth?

never tries the increase in colorful veggies. I wonder if it works prophylactically?

interesting thing- I was reading up on thuja occ. before I used it and it was saying that it was good for irrational fears. Edie had a long list of those: dark, spiders, me leaving the room, etc.. after the remedy she was over them! very strange how the body works.
ediesmom

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#11 of 16 Old 01-18-2006, 11:50 PM

Wart Wonder, I got it at Wild Oats, years ago. It works best when applied on a bandaid, then put the bandaid on the wart. It really works, all natural and I think has Thuja in it. A bit pricey, but worth every dime.
#12 of 16 Old 01-19-2006, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediesmom
interesting thing- I was reading up on thuja occ. before I used it and it was saying that it was good for irrational fears. Edie had a long list of those: dark, spiders, me leaving the room, etc.. after the remedy she was over them! very strange how the body works.
ediesmom
Huh, DD has been having a tremendous fear of the dark and of dinosaurs. Maybe I should give this a try as well. I think I'll try the duck tape/file method on mine. I have started to increase the yellow and orange fruits and veggies. Thanks for all of the suggestions mamas!
#13 of 16 Old 01-19-2006, 01:35 AM

it works great but it can be painful (fine for an adult). I saturated a cotton ball with it (real, live apple cider vinegar) and taped it over the wart and went to bed, this caused part of the wart to die (turn black) then it fell of a week or so later, then I did it again to get the rest of the wart. I got rid of 2 this way and they have not come back. The pain comes in because the treatment does make the wart sore for the 1st day or so after.
#14 of 16 Old 01-19-2006, 12:07 PM

I ordered some Thuja Occ. cream from homopathey.com and soon after found out I was preggo ... anyone know if its ok for me to use this still on my hand??
I have heard duct tape works, but I just havent tried it yet.
What do you mean by live apple cider vinegar? I may try that too ...
I really want to get rid of these warts on my hands (I have several) b4 the baby comes ... they just look so nasty :

~Tia~ Mom to 3 girls
#15 of 16 Old 01-19-2006, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Banana peel.rub the inside all over the wart a few times a day.It will turn BRIGHT red but will NOT hurt. I did this for my dd at age 4 or 5 after trying ....gse,garlic,acid,duct tape,homeopathics,freezing,and cutting.Poor girl, 2 years she suffered through those treatments,and within 2-3 painless weeks she was wart free thanks to the peel. I can not say how glad I am it worked for her. I really did not thing a silly ole' peel would work,but I am so glad I gave it a chance.

I hope you will try this cheap method,and I hope it works for her.If not there is plenty of other things you can try. I posted about it on another elist and a woman had her dh try it for facial warts,and it actually worked.I was so happy for him.
Best wishes.Do post an update if this or another method works.
#16 of 16 Old 01-19-2006, 10:37 PM

I used to have a wart on my hand and tried everything to get rid of it. Some things would work but it always came back. Finally I tried a remedy from an old book I had called Natural Healing: I started cutting upon vitamin E capsules and squeezing the oil right onto the wart. Sometimes covered with a bandaid to keep it on there. It went away and never came back!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page