Yeast? Allergies? What? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 02-15-2006, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll try to be brief.

Here is the issue. DD nurses every 1-2 hours round the clock. She is significantly slowed down from when she was a baby. She is very dependant on the nursing and I suspect it is because she doesn't feel right. She eats nearly every food we put in front of her. She is very intellegent and articulate. She also takes at least 2 hours to get to sleep every night from the begining of her bedtime routine. Skip the routine and watch out!

I have struggled w/yeast for years and never really won.

When dd was born she was on IV abx "just in case" because of meconium (don't get me started there). I was also on abx because I was positive for group B strep.

We never got thrush, at least not badly. But all her diaper rashes are yeast. She has had one almost non stop for the past year. She has been on homeopathics for yeast for several months per our chiro's suggestion. (he did the muscle testing to see which ones) She takes a ton of acidopholis. She bathes each night w/ vinegar in the bath.

I am allergic to dairy and also can't tollerate beef or pork. I recently gave up gluten for me and dd and we both reacted (congestion, flu like symptoms) when we got some by mistake so we're off gluten. It has been almost 3 weeks so far.

I think there is more to it than that though but I don't know what to do next. I eliminated dried fruit, fermented foods, juices, sugars and am trying to restrict refined grains and fruit as much as possible. I'm working harder at getting acidopholis into both of us. Nothing seems to have made any difference in her behavior.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Am I missing something major? What am I not considering? My dr and naturopath say to just give it time. I want sleep in longer than 1-2 hour chunks. That got old a long time ago.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 PM

Are you taking anything yourself? I have this book and it is really comprehensive, and has quite a few recipes in it as well. the name is Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook, Revised 2nd Edition : Everything You Need to Know About Prevention, Treatment & Diet by Jeanne Marie Martin

dreads.gif and my man mischievous.gif. Momma to ds1 (11-'04) blahblah.gif, ds2 (8-'08) hammer.gif, dd (3-'12) orngtongue.gif, and Mr Blue, Chiyo, and Fireball, our 3 cat.gifnovaxnocirc.gif intactlact.gif uc.jpg

#3 of 5 Old 02-16-2006, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

I am taking acidopholis (dairy free bio-k), and just started drinking pao d'arco tea, I also follow the diet I outlined.

our family is <>< and :

#4 of 5 Old 02-16-2006, 01:26 AM

Your story sounds soooo familiar!! DS's bedtime routine is finally only 1 hr. and he "only" wakes up once a night at 2.5 y.o. sometimes he sleeps though, maybe 2x week now. All directly related to what his gut is doing. Rashes, diarrhea, gas = more sleep fighting and nightwaking.

Our story: https://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=260393

Come join us in the Gut Healing Tribe. Cod liver oil for both of you. More nuritional things in Tribe threads.

Also digestive enzymes and hydrocholric acid supplements, Karen DeFelice's book is fantastic at explaining the digestive behavioral connection: www.enzymestuff.com

I experienced behavioral issues with gut problems too: anxiety, insomnia, nightwaking. Yeast/bacteria produce alcohol like toxins that disrupt sleep, thinking and behavior.

This is going to be long road let me tell you, but keep nursing. I thought DS was going to get better when he weaned and he didn't, got worse. BM is liquid gold it's worth you trying to fix your issues together with your DD.

I would suggest getting another homeopath if the remedies aren't doing anything.
#5 of 5 Old 02-16-2006, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry didn't mention we both take fish oil (I do different ones all the time, sometimes cod liver oil other times others). Multi-vitamin for both. I'm on extra iron since I'm anemic, wondering if dd is anemic too. She just looks pallid to me. She takes a whole food antioxidant.

I'm overwhelmed by your healing the gut thread. I've almost posted a few times but I'm overwhelmed.

I keep hearing that i should be doing enzymes and I even bought some but I just can't get myself to take them. Ugh! Can I/should I give them to dd too?

The homeopathics help but they don't cure if that makes sense. She gets much worse when I forget to give them but she never gets totally better...

I am wondering if I need a new naturopath with a new perspective who may see something ours isn't seeing.

our family is <>< and :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page