stressed mama = eating mama = depressed mama - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't take this cycle anymore!!!!!!!

When I'm under stress, I eat -- which makes me fatter --- which makes me depressed!

WHY can't I lose this stinkin' weight!!!?? I tried and tried - I exercised daily --- I'm a freaking vegetarian --- I eat almost NO fat!!!!!! <sigh>

What am I going to do? I cannot STAND being big anymore. With each pregnancy I've gained, then breastfed, then gotten pregnant again. I'm still nursing DD on demand (all day) but I know I have more than enough fat stores for her (besides, she's 13 months now). Conservatively, I could stand to lose 60 lbs - and even then I'd technically still be "overweight".

HELP?!!! I don't want to be fat anymore. It affects every facet of my life - my marriage, my self-esteem, my friendships - everything!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 06:23 PM

I don't know if you're just posting to get relief or not, but here are some suggestions if you're interested.

A no fat diet is not healthy. For more information read Udo Erasmus "Fats that heal, fats that kill". You may be sensitive to carbohydrates especially refined, like white rice, white flour, etc. etc. and those with a high glycemic index. You may need to increase your protein intake. Without keeping track of what you eat in a journal it's going to be pretty hard to figure out where you fall down nutritionally speaking. For optimal fat burn you need weight work, and cardio. You need to work out with weights or rubber bands. If you don't have the muscle to burn the calories and increase your metabolic rate, strictly cardio work is not going to help much if at all in the fat burning department.
For more on this read "Body for Life".

What can you do other than eat to relieve your feelings of stress? Do you eat because you're overtired? Then sleep is what you really need. Do you eat out of a sense of frustration, anger, sense of worthlessness, need to insulate yourself from men's looks? Analyse what's setting you off for binge behaviour. We all have our triggers. Then figure out how to replace your eating behaviour with something else. Perhaps when you feel the urge to eat, you run up and down stairs instead. KWIM?

I understand where you're coming from.
#3 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the proactive information.

I'm *sure* my diet is lacking - exhaustion/sleep deprivation, lack of stress outlets, so many of the things you mentioned are applicable. I need to get back into the gym...I'm hoping to begin again next week (we just moved and are still in the process of unpacking).

I'm terrible at sitting down to read (oddly enough, it makes me motion sick to read these days??) But, I do thank you for your information!!

#4 of 5 Old 03-21-2003, 07:56 PM

Glad I can help. You're welcome.
#5 of 5 Old 03-26-2003, 01:53 AM

m's'ing, can so totally empathize ...

What I do is binge on sugar stuff. Totally binge.

Could stand to lose 50 lbs, too. Would then be back to the weight of my carefree youth. Would then also fit in my clothes that are taking up space unworn for almost a decade.

:sigh

It's easy to read a quick fix or inspirational book or whatever and feel like it's doable. But then reality hits ...

Reality truly bites. And chews and swallows.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page