The Thyroid Thread - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

2Likes

#391 of 1016 Old 08-07-2007, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if my results above (TPO) would indicate hashi's. Does anyone know? The madness forums are down for a week and I can't find anything else that answers my question. Thanks!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (14), Aidan (12), Brighton (9), and Oliver (6) and Ephraim (3) 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 1016 Old 08-11-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
I'm wondering if my results above (TPO) would indicate hashi's. Does anyone know? The madness forums are down for a week and I can't find anything else that answers my question. Thanks!

I'm learning a lot myself just now, but your TPO appears to be within normal limits.
#393 of 1016 Old 08-11-2007, 08:11 PM

Hello,

I still haven't made it all the way through this thread, but I've been reading at other sites, trying to educate myself about this thyroid business. I just had a phone consult with my ND to discuss my labs. He had some valuable information, and so I'm cutting & pasting my own notes: (hope it's of some use to someone out there.)

He did two tests to diagnose my Hashi’s:
Antithyroglobulin – protein that binds to the thyroid – mine was normal
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPO) – mine is in the 400’s, upper normal limit was 30 something

So this means I have the autoimmune thyroid condition known as Hashimoto’s.

He said that in pregnancy, that number often goes up, so he would recommend retesting after the baby is born to see if it goes down.

He said that it is rare to “only” have an autoimmune thyroid condition, and that often there are other autoimmune problems going on.

He said there was some “Hashi’s triad” of problems, and that includes: Celiac, thyroid, and pernicias anemia (sp?). The anemia is a vitamin B12 & folate deficiency. This is because the body is making antibodies against the intrinsic factor (whatever that means), and that the body can’t absorb these vitamins very well. He said that sublingual B12 & folic acid and/or injections for life would help. There is a lab test to diagnose the pernicias anemia. (best for me to do after baby is born.)

He said there is further testing that can be done to figure out what’s going on with the immune system. He said there are 2 basic causes of immune problems. The first situation is that your immune system has just gone wacky, and there are ways to check for that (no details.)

The second thing to look for is an underlying infection. You check the body for levels of antibodies to certain things that could be possible culprits (heavy metals, viral, bacterial, etc.) and then treat according to the findings.

He said that the initial labwork, at a minimum, would cost around $500 - $700, and it goes up from there. He recommended to not do any of this work until the pregnancy is over, as it can skew numbers.

He said there are things that are good to do right now for everyone with this problem.

1 – no gluten (because of the Hashi’s triad)
2 – High intake of Vit D. (either via high vitamin cod liver oil or vit D capsules at hfs. However, you have to research upping vit D alone, as there are co-factors that should go along with it. I would do the CLO because it’s a natural source, and co-factors are already present. Just don’t o/d on the vit A in there.) My blood level was around 50 (low end of normal), and he wants it around 80 (high end of normal).
3 – glutathione intake. Dr. said that whey powder helps your body make the glutathione. He said there are supplements on the shelves, but these do not do much for your body. He said he has some cream that he likes to give to people, but not me because I’m pregnant.
4 - no iodine supplements - can aggravate this condition

That's it! I'd love to hear input if anyone else's doctor had more input than this.

#394 of 1016 Old 08-11-2007, 08:18 PM

Well - I know I just posted 3 times in a row, but they are all separate situations. So now - on to the question of hair.

My hair is quite long, and has been for a long time. I did cut it to shoulder-length once (and liked it), and was able to donate the cutting to Locks of Love.

So my plan for the past 2 years was to grow it long again, and cut it just before the baby is born so that I could give another donation, and have more manageable hair for having a newborn. During my last pregnancy, my hair grew so nice and stopped falling out, and I was hoping for that to happen again with this pregnancy.

Well - I have noticed more hair coming out now, and I'm wondering if I should do this big haircut? Should I just keep the hair that I've got? I'd hate to not be able to grow it long again. I like it shoulder-length okay, but like it long better. I've got a haircut scheduled for 6 weeks from now. what would you do?
#395 of 1016 Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 PM

That is what I'm confused about...my lab said normal was up to 150 and I have seen other people say normal is 30 something, 60 something etc. Also from what I've been hearing just the mere presence of antibodies (over like 2 or something) indicates hashi's. I am so lost.

I mean I fluctuate hyper and hypo ALL the time. For example, just the other day I was depressed, feeling fat and puffy, had cold hands and feet, really tired etc. The next day my heart is beating a million miles an hour, I'm shaking and sweating, and I feel like I'm on speed or something (I've never done speed, just a figure of speech ). It seems like exactly what I have.

*sigh* I may never know. lol

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (14), Aidan (12), Brighton (9), and Oliver (6) and Ephraim (3) 

#396 of 1016 Old 08-11-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere View Post

Pilgrim, you just gave me hope!
I dont want to be on synthroid, but I cant do armour b/c its made from pig which for religious reasons I cant/dont consume in any form..but I could do sheep

whether here or PM, if you are able to share any info it would be greatly appreciated
what is the difference of synthroid (or the genertic form - levothyroxine) between the pig or sheep form?

i've been on synthroid (well - the genertic) for years and i swear i still don't feel right. Then again i don't trust my Dr as far as i can toss her and am glad we moved last yr and am looking for a new Dr (just being able to switch now).

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#397 of 1016 Old 08-12-2007, 01:39 AM

Pilgrim before you donate your hair again, please read this thread on what's wrong with locks of love: https://www.mothering.com/discussions...ighlight=locks . They are not a reputable charity at all. And besides that, you can make pretty decent money selling it yourself! Either to donate to a charity of your choice or to help out your family : http://www.hairwork.com/bidhere.htm

And if you're interested in learning more about growing your hair, Long Hair Community Forums made a HUGE difference in my hair! In just over a year I've made it from top of my thighs to just below knee length and much healthier! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/

Someone mentioned STTM being down. In times like that or just in general there's a yahoo group run by the same people that i've found to be VERY helpful: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...yroidHormones/

The difference between Synthroid and natural (armour etc.) is that the natural has T3 as well as T4, and is in a bioidentical form so that your body can absorb it much more easily. It does not have any side effects at all! All it does is give your body *exactly* what it would produce for itself. A lot of people also have trouble converting (stored) t4 to (active) t3 which is another reason it can help so much. And it also contains trace amounts of T1 and T2. You can check out that yahoogroup or www.stopthethyroidmadness.com for more info.

Personal update - I'm doing pretty well though could be better. I found a source so I can treat myself and not be so dependant on doctors. I was starting to feel *really* great but then I cut out wheat and gluten. Now I'm wondering if I could be having a die-off reaction or something? Suddenly ALL my hypo symptoms are back! It's been for the last 2 weeks which is right when I stopped eating wheat. Does anyone else have any info on this? The good news is I'm finally starting to lose weight! I've dropped about 4 pounds or so for the first time in *ages*. My husband is doing even better and has lost 8 pounds! He's not eating sweets which is probably why he's doing better hehe. I'm surprised I haven't missed the wheat or gluten products at ALL (except for one day I wanted grilled cheese but I got over that lol). But I am craving pudding like crazy lol. And I've been coming up with a lot of good easy gluten free recipes.

Also I found a place that you can order your own tests without a doctors prescription, including the full thyroid panel! I'm probably going to do it, though I'm sorta putting it off cause it would be better to find a doc to order it so my insurance would cover it. Even so it's not as overpriced as I thought it might be (someone told me around $125 but that included other tests too)
#398 of 1016 Old 08-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Armour also has calcitonin in it which is needed for bone health. If you stay on somthing like Synthroid, you risk osteoporosis later in life...
#399 of 1016 Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Well I just got my blood drawn for the first time in over a year. My GP wasnt taking a very proactive approach on my thyroid or by checking me for diabetes. So here are my test results(fasting) from the first visit with my new endo:

Sodium ref range 136-145 mmol/l mine was 143
Potassium ref range 3.5-5.1 mine 4.4
Chloride ref range 98-107 mine 103
Carbon Dioxide ref range 22-31 mine 26
Glucose ref range 70-99 mg/dl mine 100(H)
Bun ref range 7-17 mine 9
Creatinine ref range 0.7-1.2 mine 0.7
Calcium ref range 8.6-10.2 mine 9.7
Cholesterol Ref Range <200 mine 173
Triglyceride ref range <150 mine 72
HDL Ref Range >45 mine 46
LDL Calculated Ref range <100 mine 113
TSH My personal ref range is 0.8-2.5 my results were 3.16

So doc put me on name brand synthroid cause I was only getting 80% of the reccomended dose from the generic which was not working for me. Also I am pre-diabetes, and 60lbs overweight for my height which is causing my heart problems. So exercising 3x a week for 30minutes a day isnt enough. gotta up it to 5 days a week for 60 minutes a day... when I can find the time.....
Plus I have completely lost the feeling of hunger, gained 17lbs in 6 weeks, I have to take a b-vitamin in order to feel hungry and actually digest food. every time I eat it comes right back up(reflux), and it seems to take me forver to digest anything I eat without taking anything to help it along. I feel as though my body has completely shut down. -I really dont think that the synthroid will help but I wil find out in 6 weeks I guess when I go back in for my next test-
SO thats my update....

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

#400 of 1016 Old 08-13-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
Pilgrim before you donate your hair again, please read this thread on what's wrong with locks of love: https://www.mothering.com/discussions...ighlight=locks . They are not a reputable charity at all. And besides that, you can make pretty decent money selling it yourself! Either to donate to a charity of your choice or to help out your family : http://www.hairwork.com/bidhere.htm
Thank you very much for this information!! I am still planning to cut my hair, but I was going to cut off several inches more than I wanted just to get a good donation. I think I'll just get a haircut I like and not worry about this anymore! That's a load off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
And if you're interested in learning more about growing your hair, Long Hair Community Forums made a HUGE difference in my hair! In just over a year I've made it from top of my thighs to just below knee length and much healthier! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/
Wow, that's amazing! Thanks for that link too - this will come in handy for growing it long again.
#401 of 1016 Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 PM

This is what I was told by an endocrinologist on thedoctorslounge.com:

Quote:
Hi Kimbers25,

Essentially all your studies are normal. In particular, your TSH and T4 are normal, making the thyroid unlikely to be causing your symptoms.

The TPO (or thyroid peroxidase) antibodies are antibodies against the thyroid gland. If they are elevated enough they can damage the thyroid gland causing an autoimmune thyroiditis.

Your levels are not particularly concerning although it may be useful to test them again in several months.

Unfortunately, based on these tests you have not found the cause of your symptoms. I would recommend you continue to follow up with your doctor for further evaluation.

Best wishes.
This makes me so angry. He actually said based on these tests you have not found the cause of your symptoms. He is completely following the normal ranges and refuses to believe that my symptoms that are totally thyroid symptoms could be causing it. I don't know why it makes me so mad. It just does.

#402 of 1016 Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 PM

Does it violate the UA to tell you that as a general rule endos suck?

find a homeopathic doc or a naturopath, or look into self treating. PM me for more info.

for intuitive readings click here :
#403 of 1016 Old 08-15-2007, 04:06 AM

Newbie to this thread... I think I might be hypo. I was talking to a friend who happened to be a family doctor yesterday that my heart rate was always low. I'm training for a marathon right now and she said whats your heart rate? I said I haven't checked it for a while. She suggested I checked it then. Its 36. And she "verified" it. I wonder what my resting heart rate is now. I was diagnosed with bradycardia 15 years ago. I also have very cold feet at night (I noticed the night before that my feet were cold all night long - and its summertime!) I was taking coconut oil for a few months and my feet were warm. I got off it a few weeks ago and have definitely noticed a shift. I've also been feeling really tired in the afternoon. I took a 2 hour nap with dd#2 just today.
I'm thinking about getting tested... I just hate seeing the doc. Should I get tested? And are there ways to self treat?
#404 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
My dd has autoimmune thyroid disease and Chronic Urticaria. Anyone else dealing with this?

DD's been living with this for over a year, and it only seems to be getting worse. More rash, more swelling, more pain. She sees a pediatric rheumatologist and endocrinologist, but nothing the dr.s do seems to help.

I haven't read recent messages yet so forgive if this is a repeat... but have you investigated gluten allergy?

Get the best testing done at www.enterolab.com. Read the article on that site entitled "Before the Villi are Gone" ... many autoimmune diseases can be connected to gluten allergy.

Chronic hives just scream food allergies too.
#405 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
He said there was some “Hashi’s triad” of problems, and that includes: Celiac, thyroid, and pernicias anemia (sp?). The anemia is a vitamin B12 & folate deficiency. This is because the body is making antibodies against the intrinsic factor (whatever that means), and that the body can’t absorb these vitamins very well.
The B12 intrinsic factor is governed by stomach acid production, which is often low in thyroid patients. The best book on stomach acid and how reducing it causes a myraid of problems is Dr. Wright's "Why Stomach Acid is Good for You".

I would start taking Betaine HCL supplements with every protein meal. And eat a lot of protein, especially red meats.

The Iodine Project connects it to low iodine, b/c iodine receptors in the stomach lining controls prodution of hydrochloric acid (I think it is Dr. Flechas website that has info on this).
#406 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
3 – glutathione intake. Dr. said that whey powder helps your body make the glutathione. He said there are supplements on the shelves, but these do not do much for your body. He said he has some cream that he likes to give to people, but not me because I’m pregnant.
High vitamin C will boost glutathione production.
If you do go with whey, use a low temp product that doesn't render the proteins toxic. Garden of Life or Mt. Capra are the only brands I know of.
#407 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
This is what I was told by an endocrinologist on thedoctorslounge.com:

This makes me so angry. He actually said based on these tests you have not found the cause of your symptoms. He is completely following the normal ranges and refuses to believe that my symptoms that are totally thyroid symptoms could be causing it. I don't know why it makes me so mad. It just does.
This is why I think Wilson's Low Temp Syndrome or "thyroid resistance" makes sense.
http://www.cnm-inc.com/art_wilsyn.pdf
Your gland can be working fine, merrily producing the hormones but it's somehow not getting into your cells to do it's job and thus producing symptoms.

Have you taken your temps? The Broda Barnes Foundation recommends the BBT first thing in AM and Wilson recommends 3x day.

www.drbrownstein.com connects many nutritional deficiencies to this problem, as I've posted above. Conventional endo's do not believe in nutritional deficiencies.
#408 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaMAMAma View Post
And are there ways to self treat?
I think you should at least get some baseline blood testing just to be sure.

You can also self-test by taking your temps.

Read about nutritional deficiencies in my posts above.
#409 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 PM

ugh.

i'm just coming here to vent a bit.

had a whole slew of thyroid related blood testing done last week and i called my MD this morning to get the results faxed to me.

they won't release them! :

now i have to switch my appointment with my naturopath until next week, as my follow up appointment with the regular doctor isn't until then.

THEY'RE MY RECORDS!!!! just stick them in the fax machine and send them to me!!

thank you, i feel much better after getting that off my chest.
#410 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 02:03 PM

#411 of 1016 Old 08-16-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
I haven't read recent messages yet so forgive if this is a repeat... but have you investigated gluten allergy?

Get the best testing done at www.enterolab.com. Read the article on that site entitled "Before the Villi are Gone" ... many autoimmune diseases can be connected to gluten allergy.

Chronic hives just scream food allergies too.
My daughter does not have any of the digestive problems that are the main component of Celiac disease.

Hives generally are allergy related, but that's not the case with hers. There's a theory that this type of autoimmune disorder is caused by vaccines.

Thanks for the ideas. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking to see her suffering with this, and not be able to do anything about it.
#412 of 1016 Old 08-17-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
The B12 intrinsic factor is governed by stomach acid production, which is often low in thyroid patients. The best book on stomach acid and how reducing it causes a myraid of problems is Dr. Wright's "Why Stomach Acid is Good for You".

I would start taking Betaine HCL supplements with every protein meal. And eat a lot of protein, especially red meats.

The Iodine Project connects it to low iodine, b/c iodine receptors in the stomach lining controls prodution of hydrochloric acid (I think it is Dr. Flechas website that has info on this).
Thanks for this. I already take HCL with every protein meal, and I also eat tons of red meats!
#413 of 1016 Old 08-17-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
My daughter does not have any of the digestive problems that are the main component of Celiac disease.

Hives generally are allergy related, but that's not the case with hers. There's a theory that this type of autoimmune disorder is caused by vaccines.

Thanks for the ideas. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking to see her suffering with this, and not be able to do anything about it.
I think you should do the enterolab testing anyway. It is entirely possible to not have any classic Celiac symptoms, or any symptoms, and still be sensitive to gluten. That is the case with me. I have no digestive problems (that I can "see" or "feel"), and yet I have auto-immune thyroid and other auto-immune problems, which are probably related to my life-long intake of gluten. Also, I'm obviously not digesting my foods properly because I'm not absorbing my nutrition properly.

If I were to go out and eat a huge chunk of bread, I would not feel any different. I spent 2 1/2 years being gluten-free (while nursing DD), and then when I weaned her (for dental work), I went back to eating gluten for 6 months. I felt absolutely zero difference. But then I had the testing done on myself to prepare for this pregnancy, and viola - I'm definitely sensitive to gluten and have intestinal damage.

My doc says that auto-immune thyroid problems automatically gets you a doctor's order to stay off of gluten.

With all of the suffering that your daughter is going through, it would be highly worth it to investigate it.
#414 of 1016 Old 08-17-2007, 01:48 PM

I took my son in to pediatrician yesterday for 6 mo. check up and mentioned to her that I've been losing a lot of hair lately and that I assumed it was just a post-pregnancy hormone related thing. She suggested that I get my thyroid level checked as pregnancy can throw your thyroid out of whack. I think the hair loss is my only symptom, though. I've been reading what other women are going through and I don't have any of that. I don't have insurance at the moment, so I don't want to get tested and then not be able to afford meds, anyway. What does synthroid cost a month? Do symptoms start slowly and mildly, or is everything all to once? Could my hair loss be from breastfeeding and hormone changes related to that? I'm getting a little panicky about it. My hair has always been thin - I can't afford to lose too much more!
#415 of 1016 Old 08-17-2007, 02:49 PM

Hair loss pp can be hormonal and also mineral deficiencies caused by huge draw of making another person out of your body stores!
#416 of 1016 Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenh View Post
I don't have insurance at the moment, so I don't want to get tested and then not be able to afford meds, anyway. What does synthroid cost a month? My hair has always been thin - I can't afford to lose too much more!

If hair loss is a concern for you I would NOT take synthroid even for a minute. Hair loss is a known side effect of synthroid and a lot of people, myself included, experienced *massive* hair loss when on synthroid. Besides the fact that it is just not as good as natural in every other way.

There are sources where you can get Armour or other natural thyroid meds and they are not that expensive. It will depend on your dosage how much but I think it shouldn't be too bad of a cost.

I would suggest you go ahead with the tests, but make sure she tests for Free T3 and antibodies as well as TSH and Free t4 so you have all the info you need. Or you can see how much it costs to order those tests on www.healthcheckusa.com and see if it would be cheaper for you that way since you're not using insurance anyway.

Then post to STTM or better yet, join the yahoogroup naturalthyroidhormones and post your results there. They will be able to help you interpret them and if it looks like you need medication they can help you with that as well.

There's really no need to stress about it. Aside from the initial cost of the tests, you can get daily treatment pretty affordably. Just to give you an idea I think my daily dosage costs around an average of 50 cents a day.
#417 of 1016 Old 08-18-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidspiration View Post
had a whole slew of thyroid related blood testing done last week and i called my MD this morning to get the results faxed to me.

they won't release them! :

now i have to switch my appointment with my naturopath until next week, as my follow up appointment with the regular doctor isn't until then.
I know its' probably too late now anyway but I wanted to let you know - I know in my state and I believe it's the same in every state, they are required to release your test results to you. They may not want to fax them because of HIPPA and it may take a couple of days to get them. But you should be able to go to whatever hospital or lab drew or processed them if you don't want to go through your doctor (even if your doctor did the draw, chances are they sent it out somewhere else to be processed). I've just called hospital records and they find my results and have me come in and sign a release form and hand the papers to me.
#418 of 1016 Old 08-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts, I haven't read this thread in a while and am working my way up from bottom hehe

Quote:
Newbie to this thread... I think I might be hypo. I was talking to a friend who happened to be a family doctor yesterday that my heart rate was always low. I'm training for a marathon right now and she said whats your heart rate? I said I haven't checked it for a while. She suggested I checked it And she "verified" it. I wonder what my resting heart rate is now. I was diagnosed with bradycardia 15 years ago. I also have very cold feet night (at I noticed the night before that my feet were cold all night long - and its summertime!) I was taking coconut oil for a few months and my feet were warm. I got off it a few weeks ago and have definitely noticed a shift. I've also been feeling really tired in the afternoon. I took a 2 hour nap with dd#2 just today.
I'm thinking about getting tested... I just hate seeing the doc. Should I get tested? And are there ways to self treat?

Those are all classic symptoms of hypothyroid so yes you should get tested! check out the yahoogroup naturalthyroidhormones . They have lists of good docs and there might be one in your area. Or maybe you could get your friend to order the tests for you. Make *sure* you get tested for antibodies and free T3 as well as the standard TSH and free t4. If you can't find a doc willing to do those tests (or just don't want to look for one) you can order the tests yourself at www.healthcheckusa.com but of course they'll be a bit more expensive that way since insurance won't pay for them.

Then post your results to the yahoogroup and yes, if you do have thyroid problems there are ways to self treat.

I forgot to mention in my previous post but often adrenal problems go hand in hand with thyroid problems, and it can be very important to get those fixed before starting thyroid medication. You can order your own adrenal and hormone tests through http://www.canaryclub.org/content/view/196/52/ .
#419 of 1016 Old 08-18-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Newbie to this thread... I think I might be hypo. I was talking to a friend who happened to be a family doctor yesterday that my heart rate was always low. I'm training for a marathon right now and she said whats your heart rate? I said I haven't checked it for a while. She suggested I checked it then. Its 36. And she "verified" it. I wonder what my resting heart rate is now. I was diagnosed with bradycardia 15 years ago. I also have very cold feet at night (I noticed the night before that my feet were cold all night long - and its summertime!) I was taking coconut oil for a few months and my feet were warm. I got off it a few weeks ago and have definitely noticed a shift. I've also been feeling really tired in the afternoon. I took a 2 hour nap with dd#2 just today.

Omg, I am experiencing the same freaking thing. My pulse rate stays low but my last TSH level was normal. I had a total thyroidectomy and I am certain the synthroid isn't working properly. My doctor is sending me for all sorts of tests but I know I am hypo!!!:

afro.jpg
#420 of 1016 Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM

OK, I just want to cry. I had several test done last week to check my thyroid and see why I feel so bad. This is waht has come back so far...

TSH was 1.22, with at normal range of .4-4.0
Total T3 was 77, with normal range of 60-181
T3 uptake was 33, with a normal range of 22-35

My blood pressure is 100/60, low but considered good by the doc.

I have weight gain, hair loss, muscle weakness, tingling in muscles, fatigue, totally "out of it", can't concentrate well, forgetful, horrible anxiety. This is just stuff I can remember right now.

Can someone help me understand why I feel this way, if my test results are supposedly "normal"? Or, should I just dismiss the results and press on? I know something is wrong. I have ran all over the internet, googling my symptoms and come up with these awful, life threatening diseases and convince myself that I must have them. So, it is really disheartening to see normal results. My mind automatically goes back to those awful diseases.

FYI, I just had my OB do the tests. There are no good naturopaths around here, that I have found. I would have a drive if I want a good ND. I am willing to drive, but was really hoping I could find someone closer.

Sorry for the long post...

Mama to monkey #1 , monkey #2 , and new little monkey #3 . I am always :yawning and making lots of

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page