The Thyroid Thread - Page 24 - Mothering Forums
 2Likes

#691 of 1016 Old 11-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I don't know if I should be here or not, can you all give me some advice?

I'm trying to decide if I need to get my thyroid tested. Here's what's going on.

2003 - was on hormonal bc (the patch) for about 3 months. Made me crazy, made dtd painful and killed my libido (like seriously, killed it).

Stopped taking it, I got uncrazy, but dtd still hurt and I didn't want to do it anyway, those have never gone away (mama's my partner and I haven't dtd in 2 years, that's how bad it is).

I've felt depressed on and off, I feel tired a lot, which makes me feel more depressed because I feel guilty that I'm not doing more around the house. And lately, my memory is terrible and I normally have a fantastic memory. I'll open up email to send an email and by the time it's up, I've forgotten who I was emailing and why and it takes a few minutes to figure out what I was doing.

Finally stopped procrastinating and went to the gyn. Turns out I have a low level yeast infection (for 4 years? What's wrong with me?) and she's sending me to a therapist for the libido issues (same as what the last gyn. told me). I do realized that having a drive that's this depressed has most likely given me some issues, but I think there's more going on with my hormones. We're talking I went from joyfully dtd to zero desire in 3 months.

She also ordered a cholesterol test which turned up borderline high levels for cholesterol and LDL (and I just turned 26 and east mostly healthy!).

I've always been sensitive to cold, and have put on about 20-25 lbs in the last few years (though that could be my nice young metabolism is slowing down).

So does any of that sound like it could be thyroid related? If so, then I need to find a dr. who will order the test. Like I said the dr. i just saw the other day said there's no way bc could kill my drive for that long and she's not aware of any hormone studies that would indicate my loss of libido is due to an imbalance, so I probably have set up mental blocks, blah blah blah.

I just don't know. My life has also been more stressful these past months, and I know that can effect everything as well. What do you all think?

(and thanks for listening to me ramble! I have a hard time getting to the point!

~Julia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#692 of 1016 Old 11-06-2007, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutgendorf View Post
ne

So does any of that sound like it could be thyroid related? If so, then I need to find a dr. who will order the test. Like I said the dr. i just saw the other day said there's no way bc could kill my drive for that long and she's not aware of any hormone studies that would indicate my loss of libido is due to an imbalance, so I probably have set up mental blocks, blah blah blah.
Stop the thyroid madness is back up. Go read. Being cold, and tired and having no sex drive are big signs that you may have a thyroid problem. All of your hormones can be out of whack when your thyroid is screwed up, so it sounds like your doc is just as bad as the ones most of us have gone to in the beginning. :

for intuitive readings click here :
#693 of 1016 Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Julia
My GYN was who dx me. He's in my book the best gyn I've ever seen. He talks to his patients in his office and I went to see him, he mentions my weight and I told him that I'd been wanting to test my thyroid b/c I have a lot symptoms that point to it not being 100% for me. I said I needed a complete panel b/c 2 yrs ago my TSH was normal, but I know that isn't the compete picture. It was done, he wrote the order and I was tested.
If you have a relationship w your GYN, go in and talk to her, let her what you want done. You are the client, she is the doctor -- ask. The worst that can happen is she says no and you find another doctor, the best case is she says yes and helps you.
FWIW - the local endo doc here will not see patients w/o a referal, he just has too many. In fact, I went to see him for more tests and he told me I was fine. Fortunately, he notified my GYN and he called me into his office and talked about treatment w me.
Your symptoms are valid enough to ask for a thyroid panel of tests TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and even the older TFI (which is an interesting little # even if most doctors don't rely on it anymore). Andrenal tests are often useful since thyroid and adrenals are related in symptoms, if you treat thyroid and have andrenals not treated, you won't feel well. For women w issues surrounding pregnancy and birthing, antibody tests should be done and Pituitary hormone levels.
I requested the pituitary hormone levels and unfortunately I was unable to read them, my GYN didn't tell me they were cycle specific and my cycle is so wacked up I don't know when my phases are right now.

My adrenal tests were 1/2 done by the Endo and he didn't see why to do more. So, as a precaution I take vitamins and minerals that support adrenal function. I think I was caught early enough to not have drained my adrenal system, yet on the other hand I have some signs. So, simple supplement support is my only option.

If you can not find a doctor to treat you, I would suggest finding a chiropractor who is trained in Applied Kiniesology. AK is a weird thing, I was shocked and amazed at it's accuracy. Dr. Mercola has a few articles on the topic which I find reassuring.

Best wishes

#694 of 1016 Old 11-06-2007, 12:38 PM

Steph,
You stated you have the antibodies, are they treating you with any medication? I read somewhere that there was success in preventing either state with using T4 (Synthroid). It was in a Mary Shomon book I believe. She answers questions at about thyroid dot com.

I definitely see your symptoms as being thyroid related, hypo dips milk supply (this I know personally and my 4th baby is on formula b/c of it).

I really hope you find some answers fast.
#695 of 1016 Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Just wanted to say big quick THANK YOU! (I'm at work).

I'm seeing a therapist on friday regard the libido issues, I'll find out if she's allowed to order blood tests and see if she will. If she can't/won't, then I'll keep searching. Thanks for the specific names of the tests, that helps a lot.

~Julia
#696 of 1016 Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 PM

I saw the Osteopath who attended dd's birth yesterday and he was fantastic! He ordered the rest of the testing I wanted so in a couple of days I'll get the results. Then we can look at treatment options. I'm wanting to start with nutrition and possibly supplements.

:::
#697 of 1016 Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 PM

ok I have a question for you ladies:
A little history,
I have been on depo for 2 yrs, I have Graves, I have never had cramping or bleeding of any kind with the depo(thats why I am on it). My Endo recently changed my levoxyl from 112mcg daily to 112mcg daily and 1/2 pill on sat & sun. I have bee on this dose for three weeks or so. During that time I have noticed hormonal type changes:
i.e. Menstrual bleeeding ( older blood, with like a sweet smell??)
cramping(mild)
headaches
nausea
Strange bout of emotions(hormonal pms type stuff)
decrease in breastmilk(even though DD is nursing more frequently)

This has strangly corresponded with the increase in my thyroid med dose, or do ya'll think this could be an obgyn issue? I am kinda weirded out:
Any ideas?

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

#698 of 1016 Old 11-07-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalDaze View Post
Hyperemesis is very often caused by poor adrenal function....
Huh. Wow. So maybe we will reconsider having another baby. After having hyperemesis both times, we decided that we're done, even though we both always wanted 3.

I went in and got tested about a year ago, complaining of several hypo symptoms, mainly fatigue, weight gain, and hair loss. All the blood work came back "normal."

Well I still have all the same symptoms. I checked out the list on stop the thyroid madness, and I have easily 75% of the symptoms. I think I'm going to be going in again. Something's got to give; I need to be able to function again.
#699 of 1016 Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 PM

Ok I have a question for some of you wise women. I have hypo. For the most part now that my meds have been adjusted I am feeling "normal" but I can't lose weight. I have noticed though that the week before I get my period I drop about 5 pounds but then it all comes right back the week after, no matter what I do or don't eat. My diet is pretty much the same before, during and after. My question is.... does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I'm wondering if there is some hormone that my body produces during that time that it doesn't produce the rest of the month.
#700 of 1016 Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess12808 View Post
ok I have a question for you ladies:
A little history,
I have been on depo for 2 yrs, I have Graves, I have never had cramping or bleeding of any kind with the depo(thats why I am on it). My Endo recently changed my levoxyl from 112mcg daily to 112mcg daily and 1/2 pill on sat & sun. I have bee on this dose for three weeks or so. During that time I have noticed hormonal type changes:
i.e. Menstrual bleeeding ( older blood, with like a sweet smell??)
cramping(mild)
headaches
nausea
Strange bout of emotions(hormonal pms type stuff)
decrease in breastmilk(even though DD is nursing more frequently)

This has strangly corresponded with the increase in my thyroid med dose, or do ya'll think this could be an obgyn issue? I am kinda weirded out:
Any ideas?
Well my endo thinks its an GYN issue, so I suppose my questions are more for another thread than this one...The symptoms have worsened too....Oh well:

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

#701 of 1016 Old 11-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Question --
I started Cytomel (T3) about the 1st of Nov. 4 days later my Libido is BACK full force like a teenager and it hasn't gone anywhere but up. Do I need to say I'm feeling more than a little frisky...
Is it the medication? Or just coinsidence???
#702 of 1016 Old 11-10-2007, 05:55 PM

No coincidence. Nice, huh?

#703 of 1016 Old 11-10-2007, 07:15 PM

WOW... I think starting the Cytomel was a good choice. I need to have some more blood work done, I do not think I make T3 from T4 very well at all.

How long will this last? LOL :
#704 of 1016 Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 PM

I got my thyroid tests back, and they all seem to be normal. Sigh. In a twisted sort of way I was hoping they would show I had a problem to explain my total lack of sex drive. I still want to look into testing my sex hormones, but maybe now I'm looking at mild depression.

Here's my results

TSH 1.81 (normal .34-5.6 uIU/ml)
Free T4 .68 (normal .58-1.64 ng/dL)
T3 1.56 (normal .87-1.78 ng/mL)
(I thought they were testing Free T3, but apparently not!)

When looking for explanations of what the results mean, I've seen some that give different ranges, is that pretty standard that each office sets their own "normal"? Some of those ranges would put me low on the Free T4, but not by very much.

Electra, I'm jealous! Enjoy the friskiness!

~Julia
#705 of 1016 Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

My Free T4 was like yours, within normal limits but just barely!!!
My GYN treated my symptoms, not the numbers.

But I've been on meds since July and realized I needed more probably than what he was giving me, so the "friskiness" took a while to happen. But yes, it is nice, my dh is well...
#706 of 1016 Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 AM

I was just dx boderline hypothyroid based solely on TSH (4.7) as part of an initial round of infertility testing. Dr. prescribed Synthroid (25mcg), but I'm reluctant to jump on the meds if I can resolve it more naturally. So I'm seeing my acupuncturist/herbalist.

Has anyone had success with Chinese medicine? Am I going to end up on the meds anyway if/when I get pregnant? Should I just take them now to get/stay pg and try to go with something more natural PP? Has anyone been in this type of situation and what did you do? I know that nobody can tell me what I should do, but any advice or input would really help to me figure out what is the best path to take.

It seems likely that this could have developed PP with DS, but perhaps not. I had horrendous nausea until about midway through with my first pregnancy. Could that have been something off with my thyroid? Could it create problems with labor starting or progressing? DS doesn't exhibit any of the "side effects" a baby would suffer from having a hypothyroid mama during pregnancy, but . . .

I just feel so lost. I've got a couple of books waiting for me at the library, but almost all of the research I've seen online just points to thyroid meds as the only solution. And it would be easier to just trot down the alternative medicine path if I didn't have to be concerned about what is/isn't safe for somebody TTC because it seems that Synthroid really is safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Or maybe I should just give up the idea of having another baby and cherish DS and take care of myself.

TIA for any wisdom you can share.
#707 of 1016 Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM

A natural cure, read Julia Ross The Diet Cure or The Mood Cure, I like The Diet Cure better. She addresses hypothyroidism and how to pull yourself out of it using amino acid supplements, minerals, and sometimes medication if medically necessary. It is the first book I read and frankly the only book I go back to.

FWIW - I was given 25mcg of Synthroid and after 4 mo on it, I realized while I felt a wee bit better, I was not really better. I started adding like 1/4 of a pill more, then 1/2 and then read up on T3 Cytomel and once I started that -- WOW!!! So there is a lot of evidence to support Armour, which is animal based thyroid hormones and it covers T4, T3 and a few others.

The 5 and under TSH score is very out dated. I believe newer tests look at anything above 3 (might even be 2) is Hypothyroidism.

In Julia Ross's books she does advocate the use of medication when medically necessary along w the supplement routine and diet recommendations to aid the body. The goal is not to be on the supplements forever, but rather a short term to heal and get the diet to supply the nutrition necessary to give the body what it needs to function on it's own. It's breaking the cycle of diet distruction to your body and even the best diets can benefit IMO.

As good as all the other Thryoid books are out there, I LOVE my Julia Ross books, her philosophy is more in line w my thinking. I would love to go to her clinic and be treated... I don't see that ever happening, so I use my GYN for tests and use my books to heal myself.
#708 of 1016 Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 PM

Hi all,

I have mild to moderate hypothyroid and adrenal fatigue. Just found out a few months ago with a "holistic" M.D. after my chiro did muscle testing at the beginning of the year and told me my adrenals were shot.

I go back for follow up lab results next week to see if I need Armour and or hydrocortisone or if the multivitamins/minerals are doing enough. I don't think so because my temps are still running 97.1-97.5 but they are pretty stable so maybe the adrenal fatigue is getting better which she wanted me to work on.

How are all your temps? I can't believe no PCP Dr. ever asked me this question. They've been this way at least 6 years when I started temping for TTC baby #1 ! Reading the symptoms of both hypo and adrenal fatigue, I feel vindicated, like I wasn't lazy or a hypochondriac after all, all these years! (I know I wasn't but it was insinuated to me over the years or I was told "it's just from having two little kids, honey".) Can anyone else relate?

Just knowing what it is makes me feel tons better emotionally although I hope to get more energy soon, like a normal person LOL. I would love to have my libido back too!

--Kelly
#709 of 1016 Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 AM

jlutgendorf - your lab values look like mine when I initially started to suspect thyroid issues..

According to a link on Mary Shomon's thyroid page below, TSH results can be different depending on time of day and fasting... I actually went back through 3 years of my own TSH tests once I realized the normal values they were pitting me against were baloney and was surprised at the results... clearly I can't vouch for the info below (always have to take anything you pull off internet with grain of salt). I had had several TSH tests taken in the space of about 4 months, and all the ones taken in afternoon post lunch were below 3 and all in morning were above.

http://thyroid.about.com/od/getteste...a/tshtests.htm

"In some cases, if you are having your thyroid testing done along with other bloodwork -- such as glucose, insulin, or cholesterol levels done -- you will be asked to fast, and have your test done first thing in the morning. In other cases, your doctor may not dictate when to have your TSH test, or whether or not to fast. But be aware that if you test later in the day and you've eaten, you are likely to have a lower TSH level than if you test earlier in the day with fasting."
#710 of 1016 Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookesmom View Post

How are all your temps?
I have been tracking my temps using Dr. Rind's graph and before I started taking Nutri Meds thyroid glandular they were in the low 97's. When I was taking Nutri Meds I was averaging 97.8, even had a few days at 98.2. Then I ran out and my new order hasn't arrived yet. I just took my temp and it was 97.5. By the way, I lost about seven pounds during that same time when my weight hadn't budged in months!

I asked my doctor about my low body temperature last year and he just said "98.6 is an average. People vary a lot, you can't tell anything from temperature." Excuse me, does temperature not indicate how my metabolism is functioning? And maybe all the "normal" people with temps on the low side are really hypothyroid and could benefit from treatment. (Carefully) treating myself has made a difference!
#711 of 1016 Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutemandolin View Post
I have been tracking my temps using Dr. Rind's graph and before I started taking Nutri Meds thyroid glandular they were in the low 97's. When I was taking Nutri Meds I was averaging 97.8, even had a few days at 98.2. Then I ran out and my new order hasn't arrived yet. I just took my temp and it was 97.5. By the way, I lost about seven pounds during that same time when my weight hadn't budged in months!
Do you take the Nutri Med and synthriod(or other thyroid medication) or do you take it in place of the medication? And where do you get it?
#712 of 1016 Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 PM

I order them from their Web site: http://www.nutri-meds.com/ The first order arrived very quickly, like two days after I ordered. This one has taken a week now.

I wasn't on any other thyroid medication before this (doc didn't think my numbers were abnormal), so this is somewhat of an experiment. If I continue to see results, I want to find a doctor who will prescribe Armour because it's cheaper.

A note of caution about experimenting with over the counter thyroid glandulars: read all the info on Stop the Thyroid Madness, and the Real Thyroid Help forums before you begin. Treat for adrenal fatigue first if necessary. Increase your dose gradually, and keep a record of all your symptoms.

As long as I'm posting, I have a question: has anyone else had experience with hypo symptoms connected to Lyme disease? I know there's one article about it on STTM, and I think mine might be related.
#713 of 1016 Old 11-21-2007, 03:45 PM

Thanks Electra, for the advice!

I decided I was just paranoid and didn't call because I didn't want my doctor to think I was crazy. (Good reason, huh?)

The last two days, I'm back to hyper symptoms. Intense irritability is NOT something I need with Thanksgiving. Oh well, at least I'll be able to pig out. I called and left a message at the endo's office just so they can note it in the chart. There's nothing they can really do until I either even out, or my thyroid bites the dust.

My theory is that it dipped low a bit, so the thyroid is overcompensating for it now. I woke up and felt like my milk had come in again, so now I'm trying to watch out for mastitis (again.)
#714 of 1016 Old 11-21-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsmommy View Post
Do you take the Nutri Med and synthriod(or other thyroid medication) or do you take it in place of the medication? And where do you get it?
I was wondering the same thing. I found it!
Here

one of the many places im sure it can be found....I am very interested in trying this.

*** sorry bout the delayed reaction....my notificatins via email are a bit delayed....

#715 of 1016 Old 11-25-2007, 03:40 AM

Oh, wow, I'm so glad I found you guys! I'm going to go back and read some of the past posts so I can catch up and read the advice but here's my story:

Before I got married, I had a goiter, which I didn't realize, but you can see in the pictures. I had gained weight and had to have my dress taken out even though I had been dieting. I was exhausted but put it all down to wedding stress.

During my pregnancy (I got pg on the honeymoon after we'd been trying for 6 months), I was extremely ill, irritable, and had an irregular heart beat. I thought it was normal pg stuff.

After I had the baby, I was miserable. Couldn't sleep because my heart raced all the time, got out of breath with any exertion, was an insane bitch to my family. Lost 110 lbs. Finally remembered that my sister has thyroid issues, so got checked out. Diagnosed as hyperthyroid with a level of .004.

I went on a beta blocker, which I still take, and PPU, which I don't. The PPU forced me into hypo and I was freezing, exhausted and gained 40lbs in two months. I would have kept taking it if it was doing anything, but it didn't seem to be doing anything positive.

I think I have Grave's disease but will need to be diagnosed further. There's a well recommended clinic in SC a few hours away from where we now live, so I'm planning on making an appointment there soon.

I was very interested to read the ithyroid comments--I had looked at his site when I was diagnosed but was hesitant to try it out--I'm going to look at the comments more closely and then head to the herb store.

Thanks for listening to my long saga--I'm looking forward to hanging out here.
#716 of 1016 Old 11-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Wow, I've got a lot of reading to do on this thread! I'm just looking into the possibility of thyroid being the problem. I just don't feel great like I think I should and I am concerned about my younger sister too. We are both soooo low energy and I am dealing with more and more headaches and other problems on a regular basis. Hope I don't ask too many questions. I've got a lot.
My hair falls out but only from August into winter. Is that a symptom? Part-time hair-fallout? My mom and I joked that it always did that because of the stress I went through at camp every year in Aug. My friends and their problems......wow. Anyway I felt fine as a kid and started having problems once puberty kicked in. No energy. I walk around in a fog. I'm having more and more trouble getting my eyes to focuse at times. I could go on but I'll read more first. Glad this thread exists!

Married to wonderful DH 10 yrs DS 9yrs self-weaned @ 3 1/2 yrs  TTC 3 yrs got preg 4 months after HSG with DS 4yrs self-weaned at 3 1/2 yrs  Hope to have more little ones but have secondary infertility issues so we'll just have to see what the future brings
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Enjoying homeschooling and farming
#717 of 1016 Old 12-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Subbing so I don't lose you again, been trying to read through this thread and gain some information to aid in my healing naturally, if possible.

I'm not officially diagnosed, but I'm 99.99999% sure this is the base of my health issues. My mother, aunt, sister and brother all have it and are officially diagnosed, it's not a far stretch to figure I have it too.

Thanks for this thread and for all those that have are are willing to repeatedly support and help inform and provide btdt advise for others.

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#718 of 1016 Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reesecup-since you mentioned healing naturally, if you have amalgam fillings (or other significant mercury exposure) you may want to do some reading on mercury and hypothyroidism. I have a family history of hypo too, and for me I realized that the hypo showed up because I have a genetic susceptibility that was triggered by the mercury.
#719 of 1016 Old 12-31-2007, 12:06 PM

Tanya, I'm probably one of the few people in this country that doesn't have any fillings or dental issues of any kind, but I was excessivly vaccinated in my youth with horrible reactions esp. to the tetnus (got those a lot being an accedent prone, barefoot farmgirl). I haven't ruled out anything, and am researching that angle as well.

My mother had her hypothyroidism diagnoised while she was prego with my older brother, she was under excessive stress with that preg. in her early 30's and there was a predisposition for her to have it (her sister had it for years before). In my case it seems to be genetic predisposition. Both my brother and sister were officially dx'd in their early 30's, my sister after she quit smoking and my brother (never smoked) after some excessive stress in his life partly due to a car wreck he had.

Me, my symptoms kicked in while I was pregnant with my last baby, in my 30's, quit smoking with pregnancy, 9-11 and dh left for an overseas deployment right before 9-11, and me in a fairly new place w/o much support, and 2 young children to care for. I was under a ton of stress, it was a stressful and uncomfortable pregnancy and I take the world on my shoulders and support everyone...but myself. I think the stress ultimatly kicked the hypo into gear, the straw that broke the camals back.

Ironically, this pregnancy I took the best care of myself, unlike my other preg. I took alfalfa religiously (come to find out the natural fluorine in it is a thyroid supressant) and I gained tons of weight with the baby. I asked for a thyroid pannel, and it came back "negetive", this was before I was better educated on what I needed to push for and to read the results myself. I had symptoms of low blood sugar, hypothyroidism, anemia, and high blood pressure, all tests came back negetive. No known cause for my symptomes *sigh*, so I just suffered. After I had dsyoungest, I got this horrible rash I couldn't get rid of. Was told it was a prego rash and it'll go away in a couple of weeks...several months later I was still dealing with it. It did finally go away on it's own. I nursed dsyoungest so much and ate not so much, yet I gained weight after he was born. I struggle to maintain and the pain some days overwhelm me.

The list of my symptoms is long, I didn't realize how many of my "irritating symptoms" are thyroid/adrenal related. This past fall, the symptms became so bad I couldn't ignore them anymore. I relented that I must focus on me, take care of my health or I'm not worth squat to anyone else. So I started the research.

I wish to fully understand before I do a lot of supplimenting, but I've started my lists of suppliments to consider, and I intend on revamping my diet (and to think I thought I was good by my body by eating all those good veggies LOL), researching the Paleolithic Diet and considering adjusting that to work for my new found dietary needs. I know nutrition very well, so this won't be so hard, on paper, always an adjustment in practice though. I strongly believe that the body can be healed with proper nutrition for the individual body's needs and exercise, and even some chiro care and chakra balance (for lack of a better term) and support in most cases.

This thread and the adrenal one, have been great fires under my bum to get me moving towards healing my body. I don't know if you ladies understand how important this thread is and how grateful I am for your time and efforts.

Reese

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#720 of 1016 Old 12-31-2007, 05:25 PM

The thing about smoking is, a lot of us kept the symptoms of hypo at bay by smoking and using a lot of caffeine, then when we decided to get healthy and stopped....huge crash. I think I was hypo for many years before I knew it, and when I decided to live a healthier lifestyle everything fell apart. At one point I started smoking again and felt better then I quit again and felt like [email protected]

It's so frustrating when the fatigue just takes over and no matter how much sleep you get it's never enough. Self-medicating is the reason why so many people mysteriously become hypo after quitting smoking and/or caffeine. They were hypo all along and just covering the symptoms with stimulants.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page