Allergies or Cold -- Need Relief - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 09-17-2007, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if I have JUST allergies or a cold. My little baby also has the sniffles (congestion, runny nose, red and gooy eyes, lots of slobber).

I was doing well on my new set of allergy meds. I went to see the allergist last week b/c the time has come to think about allergy shots since meds really don't provide relief and I stay indoors, don't go camping, don't take the kids outside, totally interupt my life b/c the allergic reactions to ragweed and grasses are so bad. It's come to the point I suffer whether indoors or outdoors.

So the new meds were working better and I foolishly opened the windows after a rain storm. I was fine until today and I guess I need to close up the house and turn the A/C fan on to clean the air through our filter system.

Once I close up the house in a little minute here, what can I do to help myself get better faster. My throat is so thick and sore that I don't want to eat or drink and as a nursing mom, I need to do both. BM is the best thing for that sick baby of mine.

I have hepa air purifiers but the filters are 4 yrs old and I CAN NOT locally find replacements. Should I run them anyway?

Any suggestions?

Allergy shots will commence after he test me for more things to make sure he covers everything. And he wants to wait until I go off the meds for 1 week so it will be Nov or Dec before that will all begin.

And I thought that new nasal spray was really working -- NOT...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-18-2007, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No suggestions, nothing???

I took a hot shower last night and this morning. I feel like crap. : :
And my baby is just screaming away. He isn't supposed to scream at 5am and not stop!:
There is not milkies left, I'm tapped out kid. I'm sick, my head hurts, my body aches and I'm miserable. I'm sorry you are too. I'm sorry I'm out of milk. I forgot to take my dom last night. I could not breath well and just could not remember a thing.
I still am not breathing well. I have a new inhaler, but I'm afraid to use it. I had a very bad reaction to albuterol last year pregos. I can't take it and risk not being able to pick my kinder child up from school.

This sucks

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page