The Thyroid Thread (Part II) - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#601 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
 
_ktg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: a house in the suburban jungle.
Posts: 2,142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Yes, the iodine researchers say this. See "THE Iodine Thread" in this forum describing work of Dr. Guy Abraham and Dr. David Brownstein. More iodine can cause a thyroid storm in some Hashi's patients. However, one of my good friends (and our holistic RD) has Hashi's and has really improved in high iodine and other supplements including C, Bs, Mag, Se, Zinc.
Off to read more! Thanks Jane!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

_ktg_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#602 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 04:06 PM
 
JaneS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 9,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just to be clear on my last message, the concise version on treating Hashi's with iodine is that Dr. Brownstein believes low iodine (and high exposure to halides in our environment such as chlorine, fluoride, soy, perchlorate, bromine etc. which are goitrogens and oppose iodine) is the cause of AIT. He treats with high iodine and ATP Cofactors which is high amounts of vitamins B2/B3.

Cascadian,

I think with Hashimoto's thyroiditis you can flip flop between Hypo and Hyper?

I would have a full complement of antibody testing for both done:

Hashimoto's
TPO Ab
Tg Ab (aka ATA or anti thyroid antibodies)

Graves
TSI Ab
TGI Ab
JaneS is offline  
#603 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
 
JaneS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 9,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You have both Hashimoto's and Graves:
http://thyroid.about.com/cs/hypothyr...poandhyper.htm
JaneS is offline  
 
#604 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 04:12 PM
 
Cascadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you Jane..it makes sense. Ahhhh...

I want to get a copy of my labs - they're so selfish with those...
Cascadian is offline  
#605 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
 
Violet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I do have Hashimoto's. Thyroid is still normal.

What should I read,what should I do? What do I need to know at this stage where it's silent?

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
Violet2 is offline  
#606 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 05:55 PM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
Okay, so I do have Hashimoto's. Thyroid is still normal.

What should I read,what should I do? What do I need to know at this stage where it's silent?

V
I'm sorry for the dx, but happy you found it early.
If you're not already taking selenium, I would start there. If you haven't read ithyroid.com and Stop The Thyroid Madness' website, I would start there. There's also an about thyroid website by Mary Shomon.
I would analyze my eating habits to assess whether my vitamin E intake is adequate as well as my iodine intake and I would consult with an iodine literate health care provider.
I'd also consider going gluten free (which I still haven't done again. ).
I *think* that's what I would do, to start with. Seeing as I didn't catch it early, I can't say for *certain* that it IS what I'd do.
Well, I think the first thing I'd do is curse a little bit. Or maybe a lot.
And

eta: oh yes and um. I'd start singing. And, if you find yourself biting your tongue a lot and not speaking your truth, I'd try that too. (Thyroid problems are supposed to be associated with a blocked throat chakra.)

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#607 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 07:29 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Library network. I literally ordered everything in the thyroid section!

I'm only halfway though. It's good for the description of infant sx of hypo or hyperthyroid and how they use the hormone. Not good b/c it's so mainstream and clearly misses a lot for that reason. I got really pissed when she dissed "women over 40 who think they need to lose weight and therefore think have a thyroid problem". There are thousands if not millions of people who suffer from this sort of blindness to real symptoms.

Haven't read the children and adolescent section yet, but will report back when I do. I'll fill you in if anything great comes up. I'm really concerned about my DS who is exhibiting low temps and other hypo sx but whose traditional TSH/T4/T3 numbers are in range. Just like me. I'll be having his antibodies and Free numbers tested at his next appt.

But reading this book made me so very grateful how normal he is cognitively! Apparently I had just enough for his development in that respect. Makes all the allergy stuff that much easier to bear.
Oh yes please share when you reach the child section can you elaborate on the cognitively part? I worry about DD her Tsh was at a 3 once but 2.8 the next. Since I want to make sure she's ok cognitively.
mom61508 is offline  
#608 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Yes, the iodine researchers say this. See "THE Iodine Thread" in this forum describing work of Dr. Guy Abraham and Dr. David Brownstein. More iodine can cause a thyroid storm in some Hashi's patients. However, one of my good friends (and our holistic RD) has Hashi's and has really improved in high iodine and other supplements including C, Bs, Mag, Se, Zinc.
Ohhhh how I would love to see/talk to your RD!
mom61508 is offline  
#609 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
Okay, so I do have Hashimoto's. Thyroid is still normal.

What should I read,what should I do? What do I need to know at this stage where it's silent?

V
Of course great advice from JR

I really like this book www.thyroidbook.com He has a really interesting take on hashis.
mom61508 is offline  
#610 of 863 Old 04-19-2010, 09:11 PM
 
Violet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks ladies.

I am feeling kind of overwhelmed. I have SO much going on medically and I'm still not getting good care yet.

The only thing I've been able to do is confirm the Hashimotos.

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
Violet2 is offline  
#611 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 08:34 PM
 
Violet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey do you or don't you avoid goitrogens? Does it really matter?

They are all my fave veggies.

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
Violet2 is offline  
#612 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
 
Adamsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
Hey do you or don't you avoid goitrogens? Does it really matter?

They are all my fave veggies.

V
Me too ... I love cabbage. I hadn't been eating cabbage for a while after going on my T4 meds ... ate a plate of cabbage one night (with dinner) and felt soooo sleepy, like drugged out sleepy afterward. I felt "off" for weeks. My dr. did say that it would suppress my thyroid. I also have to avoid large doses of soy (like soy milk or flour or tofu, etc.) at all costs ... it messes me up severely. I'm pg now and am way too afraid to eat any of the gotrogens, especially in the 1st tri.
Adamsmama is offline  
#613 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 08:57 PM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I avoid them. I "allow" myself to eat them once, or at most twice, a month. Or try to. They're my favourite veggies too. I went on a brussels sprout bender a few weeks ago.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#614 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
 
Violet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jacqueline: Do you notice a difference when you eat them?

The thing about goitergens (sp?) like cabbage is they keep well and are versatile. So I can actually go grocery shopping once every 2 weeks. Big time and money saver.

Also, my menu 'groove' was really built on cabbage, broccoli etc... Now I need to revamp the groove and I'm not happy about it. Petulant is more the word. Yes, I'm being immature about cabbage.

I also read it's not such a big deal if you are getting enough iodine? Which I will be supplementing some because I eat whole foods and no salt, so I don't get any in my diet. (No seafood).

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
Violet2 is offline  
#615 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
Jacqueline: Do you notice a difference when you eat them?

The thing about goitergens (sp?) like cabbage is they keep well and are versatile. So I can actually go grocery shopping once every 2 weeks. Big time and money saver.

Also, my menu 'groove' was really built on cabbage, broccoli etc... Now I need to revamp the groove and I'm not happy about it. Petulant is more the word. Yes, I'm being immature about cabbage.

I also read it's not such a big deal if you are getting enough iodine? Which I will be supplementing some because I eat whole foods and no salt, so I don't get any in my diet. (No seafood).

V
It's not honestly something to which I've paid attention. But thinking back, there may be a correlation to being more sleepy in the days following eating them.

eta: And I really do understand. I hate shopping every week. I used to shop monthly. I need to get back to doing that.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#616 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 10:11 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I avoid them. I "allow" myself to eat them once, or at most twice, a month. Or try to. They're my favourite veggies too. I went on a brussels sprout bender a few weeks ago.
Haha I had a brussel sprout binge too!

Violet I 'm really bad about avoiding them too. However I make an effort to avoid soy. I eat kimchi daily which has cabbage But I don't notice a difference. The thing that I sometimes notice messing with my thyroid is coffee
mom61508 is offline  
#617 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 PM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Haha I had a brussel sprout binge too!

Violet I 'm really bad about avoiding them too. However I make an effort to avoid soy. I eat kimchi daily which has cabbage But I don't notice a difference. The thing that I sometimes notice messing with my thyroid is coffee
more likely adrenal than thyroid

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#618 of 863 Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
more likely adrenal than thyroid
Ya I'm know it affects my adrenals but when I don't drink coffee for awhile then I have some I can feel my thyroid pulsating.
mom61508 is offline  
#619 of 863 Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 AM
 
Cascadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What veggies do you eat if you avoid the goitrogens? The ones listed are basically all that I eat
Cascadian is offline  
#620 of 863 Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 PM
 
cheryllynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
let's see if my veggies are all approved on the thyroid thread:

squash
sweet potato
zucchini
red bell pepper
peas
corn
green beans
greens like dandelion greens, beet greens
carrots
radish (red and black)
mushrooms

I would like to know what to do with bok choy

Cheryl, mom to Olivia GraceĀ (May 2009), Zackary James (Jun 2012)

both hypnobabies births

cheryllynn is offline  
#621 of 863 Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
 
Violet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't eat 1/2 the 'good' veggies due to the PCOS.

Question, how is your quality of life with Hashimoto's or other thyroid issues? Do you feel pretty good on medication??

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
Violet2 is offline  
#622 of 863 Old 04-21-2010, 05:24 PM
 
Cascadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm on Synthroid, and I hate to say it but I feel terrible. I was hyperT for a long time, then flip flopped to hypoT and it sucks. Synthroid is useless for me. Actually, not useless - my TSH is within proper parameters, but I am absolutely tired, fatigued, dry skin and hair, wanting to sleep, don't have a lot of 'get up and go'.

I have an apt tomorrow with my doc and I want a new endo, and new meds. I think I should be on a T3/T4 combo and I want them to look at other stuff (adrenal issues, etc.)
Cascadian is offline  
#623 of 863 Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 PM
 
azgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After 3 years of suspecting a thyroid problem (EVERY symptom including extreme hair loss) and getting blown off because there was always a good explanation and my TSH and T4 is normal, I finally did EVERYTHING to feel better (no grains for 2 months, 9 hours of sleep per night, zen attitude, the planets aligning for a blissful, low stress time period) and I am still exhausted and my hair fell out again. So... I ordered my own blood tests through HealthCheckUSA. Here are the results:
Range
TSH. 2.3 .450-4.5
Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum010389 1.7***2.0-4.4*pg/mL
T4,Free(Direct)019745. 1.14***0.82-1.77*ng/dL

So my T3 is low, it's never been tested before. All my other results are in the normal range (I got a LOT of stuff tested)

I made an appointment with my NMD. You guys seem to know more than doctors...any thoughts? Is low T3 alone hypothyroid? Does it explain my symptoms?*
*
azgirl is offline  
#624 of 863 Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I say yes. Low t3 is hypoT. often it's the first thing to show up as low

eta: you might add a selenium supp or eat 2 brazil nuts daily to see if it helps.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#625 of 863 Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
 
goodygumdrops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried to post this but didn't get much feedback so I was hoping by posting here I might get some feed back about what to do.

I just had a bunch of lab work done and I just want to run my labs on this board because I know some of you are so informative.


Fasting 3/29
TSH 3.14 .450-4.5
t4, Free .95 .82-1.77
Thyroglobulin 5.8 .5 - 55.
Antithyroglobulin <20 0-40
TPO 27 0-34


Hemoglobin 11.4L 11.5 - 15.0
MCH 26.8L 27. -34.
MCHC 31.9L 32-36

4/7
MCHC 31.9L 32. - 36.
Iron, Serum 24L 35 - 155
Iron Saturation 7L 15 - 55
Vitamin B12 1123H 211 - 946
Folate >20 >3
Ferritin, Serum 8L 12 -150

Thanks,
Amy

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
goodygumdrops is offline  
#626 of 863 Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goodygumdrops,
You must be feeling really run down. From what I'm seeing and what little I know, it looks like your primary concern right now would be getting your ferritin/iron levels up. I would, of course, re-run the thyroid tests once you've done that but I suspect that those numbers may right themselves once your iron is restored.
RE: your thyroid levels- your TSH is high and your T4 is a little low. Present recommendations for TSH are between 2.5 and 3 or below 2 if you're actually being treated. Bear in mind that IRON is required (along with selenium, iodine and um. something else I can't recall atm) in order to produce T4.
HTH.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#627 of 863 Old 04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
I can't eat 1/2 the 'good' veggies due to the PCOS.

Question, how is your quality of life with Hashimoto's or other thyroid issues? Do you feel pretty good on medication??

V
I'm on zero meds. I was on armour then naturethroid for about 6 months. Felt better but not fabulous. I went into hyper this past summer and haven't been on any hormone since and I hope I don't have to get back on any hormone. I take herbals,homeopathics,supplements and try to eat healthy(for the most part) have yet to cut out gluten 100% but I'm getting there. I feel good now tho. I really want to focus on balancing my immune system now since Hashis really is an immune disorder.
mom61508 is offline  
#628 of 863 Old 04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
I'm on Synthroid, and I hate to say it but I feel terrible. I was hyperT for a long time, then flip flopped to hypoT and it sucks. Synthroid is useless for me. Actually, not useless - my TSH is within proper parameters, but I am absolutely tired, fatigued, dry skin and hair, wanting to sleep, don't have a lot of 'get up and go'.

I have an apt tomorrow with my doc and I want a new endo, and new meds. I think I should be on a T3/T4 combo and I want them to look at other stuff (adrenal issues, etc.)
Are you addressing your adrenals now?
mom61508 is offline  
#629 of 863 Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 PM
 
Cascadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Are you addressing your adrenals now?
Here`s my update: Saw my doc an hour ago, and it went sideways, then downhill, then surprisingly uphill.

When I asked her what I *had* (Graves? Hashi? Both?) she said (with a medical student in the room) "Oh it doesn't matter what the name is, you were hypo, now you're EUthyroid. Get it? You're no longer hypo." Grrrr

THEN she proceeded to listen to my sxs about fatigue and said, "Oh, I bet if I had 10 mothers in the next room, they'd all say they felt the same. It's the busiest time of your life blah blah blah " GRRRR x 2

BUT she then gave me a lab req for blood sugar, kidneys, TSH and (these are her scrawls): BLN, CRest or CVest, LDH, AST, ggt. <-- those could all be wrong - I can't read her writing.

The *saving grace* was when I asked about other meds, she said "I think you're fine on Synthroid, however after the lab results are in I will send you to the one endo I know who believes in switching around medications, although the other endos in his field don't believe in it." It was a doctor at the university who I read online listens to sxs NOT labs, and does the T3/dessicated route.

So...I'll fast for the lab tomorrow, and it's hurry up and wait.

As for my adrenals, that's what the green smoothies were supposed to be for before I discovered all the goitrogens I'm now medicating with caffeine. I should read the thread. It's all so overwhelming when there's 50 pages of info. I don't know where to start
Cascadian is offline  
#630 of 863 Old 04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
 
mom61508's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
Here`s my update: Saw my doc an hour ago, and it went sideways, then downhill, then surprisingly uphill.

When I asked her what I *had* (Graves? Hashi? Both?) she said (with a medical student in the room) "Oh it doesn't matter what the name is, you were hypo, now you're EUthyroid. Get it? You're no longer hypo." Grrrr

THEN she proceeded to listen to my sxs about fatigue and said, "Oh, I bet if I had 10 mothers in the next room, they'd all say they felt the same. It's the busiest time of your life blah blah blah " GRRRR x 2

BUT she then gave me a lab req for blood sugar, kidneys, TSH and (these are her scrawls): BLN, CRest or CVest, LDH, AST, ggt. <-- those could all be wrong - I can't read her writing.

The *saving grace* was when I asked about other meds, she said "I think you're fine on Synthroid, however after the lab results are in I will send you to the one endo I know who believes in switching around medications, although the other endos in his field don't believe in it." It was a doctor at the university who I read online listens to sxs NOT labs, and does the T3/dessicated route.

So...I'll fast for the lab tomorrow, and it's hurry up and wait.

As for my adrenals, that's what the green smoothies were supposed to be for before I discovered all the goitrogens I'm now medicating with caffeine. I should read the thread. It's all so overwhelming when there's 50 pages of info. I don't know where to start
This is exactly why I see a ND and herbalist because I would blow my fuse with a doctor like this and MOST of them are jsut like this! I feel your frustration.

Doing a saliva test is the best way to check your adrenal status... and I don't know what most of the labs are that she ordered for you. OOOOO caffeine is so hard on the adrenals...I've cut waaayyy back but I know it's so hard not to drink it when your like a zombie, I give in to the occasional latte Perhaps start supping a good b-complex and C for your adrenals??
mom61508 is offline  
Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 2,190

11 members and 2,179 guests
Deborah , Hyacinthe , idler , kathymuggle , KerriB , lauritagoddess , omarinbox1888 , pooeils , Realdeal , skyrocket , Tri Agus Hadiansyah
Most users ever online was 21,860, 06-22-2018 at 08:45 PM.