Headache for 2 weeks straight...help - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 10-02-2008, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got a bout of Mastitis, the headache started. It came and went for a few days after that, and then on a Monday, it was CONSTANT for 7 straight days. No Advil or Tylenol or Excedrin helped at all. Normally on the rare occasion I do get a headache, Advil always does the trick.

I went to the chiropractor, and that didn't help. Then I went and got a massage, and that DID help. It seemed to break the cycle, and it went away for a night. Now it has been 4 days of on and off. I notice it gets better when I am chewing my food, taking a shower, or getting my neck massaged. So I will have a headache for 5 minutes, it goes away, comes back for 30, goes away.

Tension right? I did see the doctor, and he pretty much said it is up to me if I want to get xrays. I would rather NOT expose myself to radiation.

The pain is mild and not debilitating. Ferels like a caffeine headache in the back of my head/neck. SOOO annoying.

Thoughts?

I am 2.5 months postpartum, and while I normally don't get headaches, I did get them a LOT in both of my pregnancies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When's the last time you had your thyroid function checked?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#3 of 3 Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Try cayenne pepper with warm water, raw honey, raw apple cider vinegar, and ginger.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page