Hope, Healing, and Conceiving Again January-February 2011 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 178 Old 01-13-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Hope, Healing, and Conceiving Again
January-February 2011

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold.

Fertility Friend Charts - Let me know if you want your chart added to the list. If you do, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don’t miss anyone.

Bring on the babies!!

Waiting to O:

anansi

Lydiah

Mama~Love

Naturegirl

tippy BFPChart2.gif

RoseRedHoofBeats

mama2eb

musicoholic BFPChart2.gif

Waiting to know:

Calebsmommy25

flamama2mygirls

mamalove1
MountainMama2Be
Sarah2881

SoCaliMommy BFPChart2.gif

Wendlynnn BFPChart2.gif

Mohawk Mama BFPChart2.gif

Paeta16

lavatea BFPChart2.gif

Waiting to be ready:

AmBam

ChiaraRose

jennabella
keuriweo
Mother Cake
MrsMike
SML27

frugalmum

Lillbjorne

Recent BFP's!

February:

apmama07 BFPChart2.gif

ThreeCats BFPChart2.gif

GranolaBoho

Tank

January:

mom-to-jj

December:

L J BFPChart2.gif

October:
lokidoki

November:

egmaranian
meander

javilu

December:

sarah2881

cparkly

In our thoughts:
3boobykins
alireb
apmama2myboo
aprilmom
BelovedK
Buffalomama
campari
Carrin
catballou24
columbusmomma
dbl_my_luv
eastcarolina
ekblad9
enigo
Evanstar1025
geekgolightly
Grahnola Mum
idigchaitea
InstinctiveMom
Jen+6
jgc920
Kayda's Mom
Kelilah
kerrybennysmama
ladyjools
lemurmommies
lmevans
Maine Mama Doula
malayasmommy
mammalove
MarineWife
MI_Dawn
Milk8shake
millefleur
mksmith
mmpmelmack
mommies_2_be
MrsHin2002
noahandlylasmommi
no5no5
noveena16
Olerica
painefaria
Prism
pycelan
rumi79
sarahcecile
Seedlings
shy
singin_angel
SimplyRochelle
slarue
SLOgirl
so confused!
Tear78
Thomsen
tinynyota
Vermillion
wehrli
wileymama
willowsmom
yummymummy2hannah

*In an effort to keep our header as up-to-date as possible, the threadkeeper reserves the right to move you to "In our thoughts" from "Waiting to O" and "Waiting to know" if you have not posted in this thread or in the previous two threads."

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 178 Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

So I started a fresh thread because the other one was stagnant. Lets all introduce ourselves again and get reaquanted. Lemme know if you are waiting to know or waiting to O and I will move you.

I am 29 and I have been trying since Oct 2009 with 4 early losses. All were before I made it to 5 weeks. Still trying although I am not as optimistic as I once was. I have a wonderful DD who will be 3 in March! Hopefully I can give her a sibling. :)

#3 of 178 Old 01-13-2011, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am waiting to know.

I am 23 and I've (me and my husband) been TTC since March of '10. I've had 4 losses along the way, all early. In the past I have had 3 other losses, one was very early the other two were at 7 and 8 weeks. We're actually seeing an RE tomorrow in hopes to find an answer to all of our losses. I am cautiously hopeful that we'll get a sticky bean by the end of the year.

Me & DH ~ Married 2007, AP Mama to 4 wild boys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 178 Old 01-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Yay for new thread! I'm STILL waiting to be ready - CD 40 since my last loss and no O, no AF. Grrr....really unhappy about still being in the cycle that started with miscarriage. I'd give anything for AF at this point just to feel like my body is working. greensad.gif

Anyway, I'm 33 (34 next month!) and have been TTC #2 since March '09. First loss last spring was 5.5 weeks, then 10 week loss in December. Seeing an RE at the end of the month finally and have been having some other testing done. Hematologist just found that I'm heterozygous for MTHFR but other than that all of the clotting disorders stuff came up normal.

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#5 of 178 Old 01-13-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Rebekah!

I hope AF comes soon for you, Megan.

#6 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 07:31 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread, Lydiah! I hope we have lots of BFPs here for Jan-Feb!

I'm briefly waiting to O. I think I'm on CD16. My last cycle I O'd on CD18 or 19. I took soy this cycle, though, so now I'm scared that I messed my body up and I'm not really going to O this cycle. I know that worrying about that will only make it worse. I used to O on CD 11, but that was pre-miscarriage. Post-m/c cycle weirdness stinks!

Welcome, Rebekah. I hope you get some answers today!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#7 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 08:10 AM

thx for the new thread. i'm waiting to O

i'm tiffany, turning 30 tomorrow. ttc #2 after my DS passed away in oct at 4.5 mo from SIDS. it's been a very hard 3 mo grieving him and TTC. my body is still out of whack from EBF him while he was with us. i've had a really late O for the last 2 post-BF cycles. since DH will be OOT at the end of this mo (when i expect to O), i'm going to sit this month out, and give myself time to see if my body is continuing to regulate itself. i'm really upset about having to wait (i'm really not a very patient person), but i guess i have no choice. hoping that it doesn't take much longer before i get my BFP. 

#8 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 AM
L J

Tippy - happy early birthday! I hope that you find a way to enjoy it, to spite life sucking so much lately. Eloquent, I know, but sometimes there is just no other way to put it.

I am still hanging around here, and thinking about y'all all the time. I'm here until everyone has big, strong, healthy BFPs.

AFM, why I'm here: I'm Laura, 24. One living child, see siggy, one 36 week stillbirth in Aug '10, 5w m/c in Nov '10 and now pregnant again, 6w2d today and due Sept '11. We shall see. I'm still trying not to get my hopes up. Going for an u/s today, hopefully it'll be good news. I had two other early losses before my son was stillborn, but they didn't impact my life as much as recent events have - I just thought it was "normal". Now, putting it all together, I feel quite broken.

I love you all, and I do some awkward version of praying for y'all daily.

Oh, and Lydiah - feel free to add me to the December BFPs. I think I'm ready to be there.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#9 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post

Thanks for starting the new thread, Lydiah! I hope we have lots of BFPs here for Jan-Feb!

I'm briefly waiting to O. I think I'm on CD16. My last cycle I O'd on CD18 or 19. I took soy this cycle, though, so now I'm scared that I messed my body up and I'm not really going to O this cycle. I know that worrying about that will only make it worse. I used to O on CD 11, but that was pre-miscarriage. Post-m/c cycle weirdness stinks!

You may O a little later than usual. I had one cycle on soy that I didnt O till CD 21.

Laura: Good luck at the U/S today. I hope there is a nice healthy LO in there.

#10 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post

You may O a little later than usual. I had one cycle on soy that I didnt O till CD 21.

Ugh! If I had known that would happen, I don't think I would have taken it!! However, I just looked at a calendar and realized I'm only on CD14, not 16. *sigh* I guess it just feels like I've been waiting 16 days!

#11 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 PM
L J

No good news for me today. I'm 6w2d and the sack is empty - no fetal pole, no heartbeat. I chart, as y'all know, so my dates aren't off. I go back Monday for another u/s just to confirm and then I will have a D&C to have the tissue tested, since this will be my 5th loss, and my 3rd in a row. I am about ready to just give up. This is going to break me.

#12 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 PM

hug.gif LJ hoping that maybe the first US was wrong. greensad.gif

sleepytime.gif
#13 of 178 Old 01-14-2011, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Aw, I am gutted for you. I hope its not true. hugs. This is so unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post

No good news for me today. I'm 6w2d and the sack is empty - no fetal pole, no heartbeat. I chart, as y'all know, so my dates aren't off. I go back Monday for another u/s just to confirm and then I will have a D&C to have the tissue tested, since this will be my 5th loss, and my 3rd in a row. I am about ready to just give up. This is going to break me.

#14 of 178 Old 01-15-2011, 05:50 AM

LJ, I'm so so sorry. I too hope the u/s is wrong. ((hugs))
#15 of 178 Old 01-15-2011, 08:29 AM

Oh no, LJ, I'm so sorry. It sounds like you are pretty sure, but we are all hoping for you, anyway. hug.gif

#16 of 178 Old 01-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Hey guys.  I am 29.  My partner and I have been TTC since Sept 09.  We concieved in Oct 10 but it ended in a m/c at 11 weeks.  this was our first.  We are TTC again but I haven't been charting.  Call me supersticious but after a year of charting I concieved when we stopped paying attention.  I haven't had a period yet since the m/c and I bled for a long time so I am waiting for it to come back.  I am not sure if I will chart again or not.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#17 of 178 Old 01-15-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Tank. I found temping to be stressful, especially when I got my BFP and I kept watching for the temp to fall. Everytime it went down I panicked. I cant help but wonder if some of that stress helped me lose the pregnancy. I have confirmed through temping that my CM pattern follows my temp pattern pretty close, so I just use that to determine whether or not I am fertile. I dont use tempong or OPKs, just a CM/CP check. I find it the least stressful way to track fertility. I am sorry for your loss.

#18 of 178 Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 PM

Oh Laura I'm crying reading your post! I'm holding out hope that you still might get some good news. Sending love and light your way.

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

#19 of 178 Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Welcome Tank. I found temping to be stressful, especially when I got my BFP and I kept watching for the temp to fall. Everytime it went down I panicked. I cant help but wonder if some of that stress helped me lose the pregnancy. I have confirmed through temping that my CM pattern follows my temp pattern pretty close, so I just use that to determine whether or not I am fertile. I dont use tempong or OPKs, just a CM/CP check. I find it the least stressful way to track fertility. I am sorry for your loss.

That is pretty much all I do is check my cm and cp and just make sure to dtd when that looks optimal.  I also felt temping was stressful.  Everything about trying to get pregnant was stressful because it took us longer than we thought and I thought one of must have issues.  I know trying again will stress me out more, I am just a high stress person and have anxiety issues.  I was worried all through prenancy that I would need to take rescue remedy because that's the only thing that helps my attacks but I didn't have one anxiety attack the whole time and just had my first one since a week ago.  This time around I will already be taking a prenatal ( I didn't start taking one till I found out last time.)  I was worried that that might have been part of the reason for the m/c.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#20 of 178 Old 01-16-2011, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

While I worry about the same thing too, I have to remind myself I didnt do anything to cause this and neither did you. :hugs: Prenatals are a good idea. Also if your period has trouble returning, herbs like vitex can help bring it back, if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post

Quote:

That is pretty much all I do is check my cm and cp and just make sure to dtd when that looks optimal.  I also felt temping was stressful.  Everything about trying to get pregnant was stressful because it took us longer than we thought and I thought one of must have issues.  I know trying again will stress me out more, I am just a high stress person and have anxiety issues.  I was worried all through prenancy that I would need to take rescue remedy because that's the only thing that helps my attacks but I didn't have one anxiety attack the whole time and just had my first one since a week ago.  This time around I will already be taking a prenatal ( I didn't start taking one till I found out last time.)  I was worried that that might have been part of the reason for the m/c.

#21 of 178 Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
L J

Hi Tank. Welcome!

Y'all know what? I have decided that I am not going to give up yet. I'm trying not to get my hopes up or anything, but we all know how that goes. But, I have been reading (as we all do too much, I'm sure) and I have decided that it might be in my best interest to wait on the D&C until about 8 weeks, just to be certain. I have been told by two different OBs, though not the one I am currently seeing, that my uterus is very tilted. From what I have read, this can make it harder to see the fetus with very early ultrasounds, and can make you look a week or two smaller for dates later on. This HAS been an issue in the past, so why wouldn't I think it could just be that happening again? Also, my OB uses this tiny (netbook sized) portable ultrasound machine that is constantly freezing up. I don't know much about u/s equiptment, but I'm thinking it may not be the most powerful or clearest on the market.

I'm still going in for another u/s tomorrow, but I'm not going to have the D&C done just yet. WORST case, I miscarry naturally at home and miss the opportunity to have the tissue tested. Better that than terminating a pregnancy that I'm not yet convinced isn't viable. Please pray for me - the next few weeks are going to be so hard.

#22 of 178 Old 01-16-2011, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

I have my fingers crossed that every thing is ok Laura.

#23 of 178 Old 01-16-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post

Hi Tank. Welcome!

Y'all know what? I have decided that I am not going to give up yet. I'm trying not to get my hopes up or anything, but we all know how that goes. But, I have been reading (as we all do too much, I'm sure) and I have decided that it might be in my best interest to wait on the D&C until about 8 weeks, just to be certain. I have been told by two different OBs, though not the one I am currently seeing, that my uterus is very tilted. From what I have read, this can make it harder to see the fetus with very early ultrasounds, and can make you look a week or two smaller for dates later on. This HAS been an issue in the past, so why wouldn't I think it could just be that happening again? Also, my OB uses this tiny (netbook sized) portable ultrasound machine that is constantly freezing up. I don't know much about u/s equiptment, but I'm thinking it may not be the most powerful or clearest on the market.

I'm still going in for another u/s tomorrow, but I'm not going to have the D&C done just yet. WORST case, I miscarry naturally at home and miss the opportunity to have the tissue tested. Better that than terminating a pregnancy that I'm not yet convinced isn't viable. Please pray for me - the next few weeks are going to be so hard.

i think that you have a great plan in place. i'm praying.gif hard that everything is ok.

#24 of 178 Old 01-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Oh LJ!!  Why does this ttc thing have to be so painful and hard???  praying.gif so very hard that's its good news at the next u/s.

#25 of 178 Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
L J

I'm just going to c&p what I just posted in the loss thread on my DDC.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Well, I am NEVER again going to have an u/s before 8 weeks. Went in today, 3 days after I'm told its just an empty sack and I am just waiting to miscarry or need to decide to schedule a D&C to have the tissue tested. She did another transvaginal u/s today to confirm again that it was an empty sack and talk about options and fertility doc referrals. So, I'm laying on the table, and watching her face. She is squinting, getting closer to the screen, squinting some more and then suddenly her eyes get really BIG! She says, "Laura! I think this is a heartbeat! Look!" I can't even be mad at her for jumping the gun the other day because she was nearly as excited as I was about that little heartbeat. I guess with my history docs just expect my pregnancies to end badly. She was having a really hard time getting a good angle, because every time I inhaled or exhaled she lost it. But, when I was holding my breath, it was there, clear as day. I'm not out of the woods yet by any means, because really, we should have seen something at the last appt and I should be measuring bigger. But, I'm thinking the measurements may just be off because she can't get a good angle yet. It looks like I'm still in the game, for the time being, at least. I have another u/s on Thursday - praying hard!

I just cannot believe this. I'm a little scared to get my hopes up, but I have to hang on to a little, you know? Because what else is there?

I'm going to tell y'all something that is going to sound a little crazy, but I think y'all will understand. LOL. I am in Georgia visiting my DH - he is here until the end of the month training for a job. We are about 45 minutes away from Atlanta, where Northside Hospital is - a fantastic maternity hospital. We are seriously considering going in one afternoon and saying that I am pregnant and having pain, and having them do an u/s to rule out a tubal pregnancy, even though we know that isn't possible. I just want another u/s with a different doc and different equipment to see what we can see. I know that's a bit crazy, but who else would understand that better that you guys?

#26 of 178 Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
L J

Ok, I meant to post that as a plain quote not a spoiler. This new software still confuses me. Forgive me. :)

#27 of 178 Old 01-17-2011, 05:49 PM

OMG LJ!!!!!  I am so on pins and needles for you!!!  I would definitely go in to that hospital for a 2nd opinion.  

(and FTR - I think posting it as a spoiler added to the suspense...  winky.gif)

#28 of 178 Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Laura! I'm crying I'm so nervously happy for you! !!!!! I think we need more exclamation points... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok there. (I'd totally do the 2nd opinion btw). Praying for you!

AFM, still around. I just turned 34, ttc #2 since Sept. '09, 2 losses July at 11 weeks, Oct at 5 weeks. DD is turning 3 soon.

Nervously anticipating the due date for my 1st loss next week and trying not to be bitter about my sister and best friend having their babies in 2 months.

Now I'm waiting to O. Started taking B complex vitamin a month or 2 ago and I suspect it may be changing the length of my cycles - by shortening my follicular phase (which has in the past been about 3+ weeks long). My o seems to be happening really early for me, but hard to know the cause. Hoping to o next week.

Good luck to everyone else ttc this month!

loving mommy to DD (3/08), brokenheart.gif our little strawberry (7/10). brokenheart.gif little seedling (10/10). brokenheart.gif little pear (4/11). Praying for a Rainbow - due Nov!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***rainbow1284.gif**

#29 of 178 Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 PM

joy.gifjoy.gifLaura!! Such wonderful news. Praying that you keep bringing us good news.

Wendlynnn, we have an awful lot in common. redface.gif Are you taking the B complex on top of a multi or just alone? I'm looking into changing up my vitamins some more since finding out I'm hetero for MTHFR and D deficient....Insanely long Follicular phase is part of my problem, as well, so I'm really intrigued...

I started a new cycle on FF because the one day of my spotting had some really mild cramping and was nearly a light flow. I'm counting it. I just needed to get out of that awful anov m/c cycle....Anyway, that puts me now at CD7 and officially waiting to O. This is still a sorta-not-really-trying cycle for us - waiting to see the RE and a new GP at the end of the month and I suppose do more testing - but we're certainly not preventing and are leaving it up to chance/nature. Trying to concentrate on getting myself healthy overall.

#30 of 178 Old 01-18-2011, 11:58 AM

laura, i'm so very happy for you. and i love that you posted it in a spoiler. that is so cool. i didn't know we could do that. i ditto the 2nd opinion advice. i'm glad you didn't give up hope. praying that you continue to get nothing but happy news.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page