• 1 Post By LittleLlama
  • 1 Post By 1babysmom
  • 1 Post By Groov1r

#1 of 5 Old 11-25-2015, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thyroid and miscarriage

Has anyone else been able to directly connect a malfunctioning thyroid with a loss?

I had a full blood panel done finally and my thyroid is indicating hashimotos, at the moment, everything is high. I just started on Autoimmune paleo diet about a week ago and I finally got my insurance sorted (ugh) to get a prescription filled for my thyroid. I know things were out of balance before I became pregnant, but it's much worse now and it's been 3 months since the loss.
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-26-2015, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Check out hypothyroid mom. She has a blog. Thyroid, adrenal, and sex hormones are all connected. And if you have hashi you have antibodies, too, which ups your immune response. As my thyroid dr put it, when you are pregnant half of the egg is a foreign DNA. And the body goes what on earth is that? So while I don't have the info at the top of my head as to a direct connection, if your thyroid is imbalanced, your sex hormones will be too. And your adrenals. It is called the hpa axis. I have high cortisol, which is contributed by long term anxiety. Chronic stress. High Cortisol does make women more prone to miscarriage. When cortisol is high, thyroid is low. When thyroid is high cortisol is low. For me, I can't sleep when cortisol is high, and sleep is so important. Now, I still managed to conceive this time with low t3 and t4, so there is always the possibility that my two miscarriages were simply bad luck. And I can never prove that one way or the other. But. If you want to feel better, than fixing your thyroid and doing that diet will help you immensely on so many levels. Also check vitamin D. It is often low in thyroid disorders. I'm sorry for your loss, but glad to see you are on the right track with correcting your thyroid imbalance. Too many times people are overlooked because levels are "normal" but not optimal. So they feel awful, this stuff happens, but everyone says their numbers don't show anything.

I am 33, dh is 37, DS 9/24/12.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3/14.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3/15. WAHM cloth diaper maker, user, water birth, baby wearer, home birth, Breastfeeding a toddler!
#3 of 5 Old 12-06-2015, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I have Hashi's, no telling if it was for sure the cause of 5-7 of my 11 miscarriages, though. For me, only my antibidodies are high. All other thyroid testing is great, but we treated with Armour anyway (as well as me treating and working on my adrenals, as well as primarily approaching it from the immune system standpoint instead of thyroid). I did carry my son after I started taking Armour, and he was my healtiest pregnancy and baby yet. But after him I lost 4 more (but I don't know if any were even related to my thyroid- they might have just happened no matter what) and I just found out I am pregnant again so I am praying things work out this time.
applejuice likes this.

#4 of 5 Old 12-06-2015, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Oh, and increasing my selenium intake has also helped drop my antibody count.
#5 of 5 Old 06-20-2020, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLlama View Post
Has anyone else been able to directly connect a malfunctioning thyroid with a loss?

I had a full blood panel done finally and my thyroid is indicating hashimotos, at the moment, everything is high. I just started on Autoimmune paleo diet about a week ago and I finally got my insurance sorted (ugh) to get a prescription filled for my thyroid. I know things were out of balance before I became pregnant, but it's much worse now and it's been 3 months since the loss.
Well, I have not heard about specific cases, but it seems to me that this may be related. My wife says that she was prescribed pills to support the thyroid gland. That was about 2 years ago. In general, the thyroid gland is one of the most important human organs because it produces so many different hormones and makes our life full of colors. It is very important to monitor the health of the thyroid gland and therefore when my wife was pregnant, the doctor prescribed her pills to improve the thyroid gland. These were serious medications, and despite trusting the doctor, I decided to read reviews about this drug on https://femadata.com/thyroid-support-review/. Most were very happy that they tried these pills because they work fine and there are almost no side effects. So I advise you to try these pills to prevent various diseases.
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page