I dont wanna clean! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 08-28-2008, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife is coming over today for a prenatal and I need to finish cleaning up my house. I SO don't want to. I just wanna sleep some more. Sigh

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Eh, she'll understand if it's not clean.

I have zero motivation as well.
#3 of 7 Old 08-28-2008, 01:22 PM

What is it about pregnancy that turns you into a lazy cow? I used to be Miss Productivity but when I'm pregnant I just want to laze around all day. When does nesting kick in???

#4 of 7 Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 PM

Your midwife is coming to see YOU, not your house, remember??
#5 of 7 Old 08-28-2008, 04:33 PM

Um, I never want to clean!

However, I have had the strong urge to organize! Last weekend I cleaned out all the bedroom closets and put stuff in goodwill, handme down, and save piles. I'm also dying to get my hands on my garage- although I need DH's help with that because a bunch of stuff is up high and I don't like climbing the ladder. He works all day Saturday and by Sunday I am usually out of steam.
#6 of 7 Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM

I know the feeling. I'm not a big fan of cleaning in general, but I'm really not wanting to do it at all lately. All I want to do is relax and sleep. Don't worry too much about your house, though! You midwife should understand.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#7 of 7 Old 08-30-2008, 01:16 AM

Here, here. For the last ten years of my life I've had this idea that if I could only get on a strict schedule and follow it my life would be so much easier. My fantasy self would rise each morning at 5 AM, jog with my pup, get ready for work, and do something household-y like empty the DW or start a load of laundry. I'd get to work by 7AM, leave at 4:15 for my other job and work there until 6:45. Then I'd come home and prepare one of the delicious meals I had prepared and frozen over the weekend. Then I'd go to bed at 9PM. Saturday and Sunday would be devoted to cleaning the house, cooking, shopping, etc. and getting ready for next week.

Then I realized that sucks and that if I'm going to fantasize about the way I want my life to be, I should pick something less boring and depressing. So, I'm freeing myself of that fantasy and as of right now I am deciding not to feel guilty for ordering food in or choosing to sleep an extra hour rather than jog or hang out on MDC instead of emptying my DW. Okay, that fantasy isn't really less boring, but it's less depressing. And that's a start.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page