Second Trimester Swap for August '08 DDC ;) Sign-ups closed - Mothering Forums

#1 of 17 Old 02-22-2008, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Second Trimester Swap for August '08 DDC Mamas...

Sign-ups and Lists posted by March 21, 2008
Send (pm) your picks to me by March 25, 2008
Mail packages by April 14, 2008

This Swap is for August '08 DDC Mamas. The theme for this swap is "Something for Baby". I will separate the group into two, one for those who'd like to receive CLOTH DIAPERS, and the other opened for SOMETHING FOR BABY. This could get a little confusing....So PLEASE post what you'd like to receive and what you would like to give. That way I can match mamas accordingly.
When all mamas have posted their lists (March 21) choose 3 or more choices of the mama you'd like to get a gift for, whether it be a CLOTH DIAPER or SOMETHING FOR BABY...Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Please also check the location of the mamas you choose. If you choose and intenational mama I am assuming that you are okay with shipping out of the country.

Swap item(s) should have a value of at least $15 (not including shipping). Mama made gifts and gently used items can have a dollar amount added to them. If you have any questions on the value of an item or anything else, please feel free to PM me.

Also remember MDC Swap Rules and Guidelines. You must have proof of shipping, that can be a post office receipt or delivery confirmation. This is helpful in case of disputes.

Questionnaire (cut and paste into your post):

Location (state or country):
Mama made ok? Gently used ok?
Allergies?
Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items):
What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)?
What would you like to give (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)?

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby items would you like?):

Anything else you think may help the giver:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 02-23-2008, 01:19 AM

Location (state or country): NH
Mama made ok? Gently used ok? Yes and Yes
Allergies? Wool
Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): We like Disney, other than that, no characters please. Please no plastic or loud toys, we have more than enough of that from the "mainstream" family! LOL
What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? SOMETHING FOR BABY, we are not going to C/D.
CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY(I can be paired with someone for either, since I have C/Ds I am not using and/or other things for baby!) Just trying to be flexible!

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby iterms would you like?): IT'S A BOY!!! nd we love blue, and had a girl, so we have NO boy clothes(wink wink). Not into heavy smells and we don't use diaper creams or lotions(olive oil here!). I do not have a nursing/teething necklace though and I think they are beautiful! And we love, love, love babylegs or huggalugs! Or cute clothes with feeties Or carriers for plus size mamas-have I mentioned my addiction to carriers? LOL

Anything else you think may help the giver:We are just happy to play!

Mama
#3 of 17 Old 02-23-2008, 12:15 PM

l

#4 of 17 Old 02-23-2008, 07:50 PM

Location Washington State

Mama made: Definitely Gently used Yes

Allergies? no but I am sensitive to strong scents/perfumes

Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): Not into characters. Would love some cute covers but have tonnes of newborn dipes. I love cute hats and would love some babylegs (homemade or not) Doesn't have to be handmade but they are very welcome. I wish I could hand make more.

What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Something for baby or diaper cover for newborn.

What would you like to give (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Something for baby would be my first choice but am happy doing either.
(Probably won't be homemade, although I am going to try to knit some things up with my mom the end of March so ???)

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby items would you like?): Anything unique but not too cutsey. I love bold colors and not typical "baby" stuff. Little snugglies and hats for baby are favorites!

Anything else you think may help the giver: Don't know if this is a boy or a girl and won't find out. So gender neutral. Pretty much any color but pink. I'll pile on the pink if it is a girl once she is born. Thank you!!!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#5 of 17 Old 02-24-2008, 03:17 AM

Location (state or country): Washington State
Mama made ok? Gently used ok? mama made is my favorite! gently used is great
Allergies? cat hair if excessive, cigarette smoke odor
Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): none (well, I don't want neon diapers)
What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? cloth diapers
What would you like to give (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? cloth diapers or a wool soaker/shorties for a newborn

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby items would you like?): I love fitted diapers, and I've never diapered a newborn, so I need newborn or small fitteds. I'm not particular about brands, so much as them having snaps, not aplix.

Anything else you think may help the giver: Whatever you send is great! I don't know whether we're having a girl or a boy, but I'm not picky about gender specific diapers. I'll put flowers on a boy or dinosaurs on a girl. Thank you!
#6 of 17 Old 02-28-2008, 02:18 PM

Location (state or country): FL
Mama made ok? Gently used ok? Yes
Allergies? artificial scnets
Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): solid colors or gn prints.
What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? CD
What would you like to give (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? either

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby items would you like?): Ecobaby grow with me onesize in any color other thna yellow or blue, 1/2 dozen infant indian prfolds with snappies, Tisny Tush organic ones size, Or any other GN diaper you find that is adorable (no cartoon caracters) and SNAPS only. I do like prints.... I would like to try a fitted I haven't tried and may not even know about.....

Anything else you think may help the giver: I cannot stand artificial scents of any kind

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#7 of 17 Old 02-29-2008, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Location (state or country): Georgia
Mama made ok? Gently used ok? Yes.
Allergies? None.
Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): None really.
What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Something for baby. I have WAY too many CD's.
What would you like to give (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Either.

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby items would you like?): I don't mind receiving anything as long as it's neutral. I don't know the gender.

Anything else you think may help the giver: I'm an easy person to buy for. I like everything for babies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 Chelci 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 Anthony, parents to: 
 E- 11/2006,
 A- 07/2008, and 
K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family

#8 of 17 Old 03-05-2008, 09:57 PM

Location (state or country): Maryland
Allergies? No
Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): We don't like AIOs
What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Suprise me
What would you like to give (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Diapers or Baby something -doesn't matter to me

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby items would you like?):
For diapers: we need two fitteds in the NB/Sm size, flushable liners for the first icky poos and that's it. We're so good on diapers

For baby: we need some gender neutral oneies, a few zipper sleepers, and the Adiri Nurser

Anything else you think may help the giver:
We're easy and appreciate anything. I'll happily put pink on a boy or a girl and I don't like baby blue at all.
#9 of 17 Old 03-06-2008, 03:38 AM

Location (state or country): AZ
Allergies? None
Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): No characters or velcro,please.
What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Cloth diapers
CLOTH DIAPERS

Wishlist (what kind of cloth diapers would you like or what kind of baby iterms would you like?): I'm pretty sure we are having a boy...so a boyish NB fitted would be great!

Anything else you think may help the giver: We like WAHM stuff!

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#10 of 17 Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM

I'm glad someone bumped this up to the front, because I totally forgot about it. Right now I've got too many balls in the air to participate, so please take me out of the swap. Happy swapping to all involved!
#11 of 17 Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulips117 View Post
I'm glad someone bumped this up to the front, because I totally forgot about it. Right now I've got too many balls in the air to participate, so please take me out of the swap. Happy swapping to all involved!
Okay, would you delete your post? Thanks!!!
#12 of 17 Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Location (state or country): OREGON

Mama made ok? Gently used ok? mama made yes, gently used yes
Allergies? synthetic fabric

Dislikes (colors, characters, patterns, anything you dislike regarding diapers or baby items): NO CHARACTERS, no red, synthetic materials

What would you like to receive (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? Something for baby

What would you like to give (CLOTH DIAPERS or SOMETHING FOR BABY)? either

I would love an amber necklace for baby, are some yummy kimono style clothes or rompers/unionsuits...I love simplicity! little birds, flowers, soft stripes and dots...I love pinks, browns, purples, teal, blue...I would love anything for my little GIRL!

Anything else you think may help the giver: Thanks for thinking of us!
#13 of 17 Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

I matched everyone up! And sent PM's to everyone. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks so much for hanging in there with me! Packages should be shipped out on April 14th, if that should be a problem, PLEASE send a PM to the mama you are gifting.

Have fun gifting MAMAS!!!!
#14 of 17 Old 04-13-2008, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Mamas! Packages should be shipped out tomorrow!!!!! Contact the mama you are gifting for shipping arrangements!!!

PM me if you have any questions!!!
#15 of 17 Old 04-13-2008, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hoping everyone can check in on status!!!
#16 of 17 Old 04-14-2008, 01:00 PM

Well I shipped a package, but I have yet to have anyone contact me for my shipping address...Anyone?

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#17 of 17 Old 04-14-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Today we ship packages!!! If there should be any delay, PLEASE PM ME AND THE MAMA YOU ARE GIFTING!!!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page