Chicken Pox: Why Do Children Die? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 10-22-2009, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.garynull.com/Documents/Va...ckenPoxWhy.htm

Some of you may be familiar with this website and have read this but I think this article is too good to not share with those who have not read it.

Veda 9/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-22-2009, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Note to that this article applies to measles, mumps, and whooping cough as well and most other acute illnesses.

Veda 9/06
#3 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I scanned through it. I get not to use medications but is it bad to eat food when fighting a virus as well?

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)

#4 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Banned

Lydiah, it's a fallacy to avoid food when sick. The body needs energy. One of the few truths is that one might want to avoid things such as milk when battling a fever as the heat, in some people, can cause the milk to curdle.

I'm not surprised that what this author found is that the boys who did die were treated with drug after drug. It's the quest for never having a sick moment that's killing people, not just sucking it up, spending a few days sick and resting, and moving on. Sheesh, I've got an auto-immune disorder and even I don't bother getting vaxed anymore and accept getting sick sometimes is a part of life. Y'know, In function better with the flu than many people do with a minor cold. I got the chicken hell at 13, it sucked for two weeks, oatmeal bath helped, but I got over it.

When saying, "ZOMG! 100 people died and 10k were stuck in the hospital!" it's important to also consider how many people got something to get that high of a number. It'd be scary if 10k were hospitalized out of 20k who go it, but when talking about hundreds of thousands, the risk is small, especially when compared to the number of people in the area for that number. It's also important to note that, for some things, doctors put people in hospitals on the suspicion of a probem, or as a preventative. Not all people in hospitals truly need to be there, yet they're counted in these numbers.

I keep thinking about War of the Worlds, about what killed the aliens being they had no natural immunities to earth diseases.
#5 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
I scanned through it. I get not to use medications but is it bad to eat food when fighting a virus as well?
When DD gets a fever she is never hungry. She wants nothing so I give her nothing. I do offer to make sure but she says no. Her fevers are quick and she's over what ever she was fighting quick. I think if your sick or your kids are sick and they are hungry, then eat! Usually soups are best. But if you are not hungry, its for a reason. Its true that out of every process our body does everyday, the digestive process is the one that is always going. It keeps the body busy so when your sick and your body wants to focus on healing, it'll make you not hungry or give you diarrahea or make you vomit, just to get out the food so it can focus on healing.

Veda 9/06
#6 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiaz View Post
When DD gets a fever she is never hungry. She wants nothing so I give her nothing. I do offer to make sure but she says no. Her fevers are quick and she's over what ever she was fighting quick. I think if your sick or your kids are sick and they are hungry, then eat! Usually soups are best. But if you are not hungry, its for a reason. Its true that out of every process our body does everyday, the digestive process is the one that is always going. It keeps the body busy so when your sick and your body wants to focus on healing, it'll make you not hungry or give you diarrahea or make you vomit, just to get out the food so it can focus on healing.
I agree with this. If you feel hungry when you're sick, then eat. If you don't feel hungry, don't eat. The body will guide you through the illness as it was designed to do. Bone broths make a great, immunity boosting food for when your body guides you to eat again.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#7 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle C. View Post
Lydiah, it's a fallacy to avoid food when sick. The body needs energy. One of the few truths is that one might want to avoid things such as milk when battling a fever as the heat, in some people, can cause the milk to curdle.

I'm not surprised that what this author found is that the boys who did die were treated with drug after drug. It's the quest for never having a sick moment that's killing people, not just sucking it up, spending a few days sick and resting, and moving on. Sheesh, I've got an auto-immune disorder and even I don't bother getting vaxed anymore and accept getting sick sometimes is a part of life. Y'know, In function better with the flu than many people do with a minor cold. I got the chicken hell at 13, it sucked for two weeks, oatmeal bath helped, but I got over it.

When saying, "ZOMG! 100 people died and 10k were stuck in the hospital!" it's important to also consider how many people got something to get that high of a number. It'd be scary if 10k were hospitalized out of 20k who go it, but when talking about hundreds of thousands, the risk is small, especially when compared to the number of people in the area for that number. It's also important to note that, for some things, doctors put people in hospitals on the suspicion of a probem, or as a preventative. Not all people in hospitals truly need to be there, yet they're counted in these numbers.

I keep thinking about War of the Worlds, about what killed the aliens being they had no natural immunities to earth diseases.
I am auto immune too which is why I have stopped getting all vaccines, even though I am high risk. The way I see it I am high risk for vaccine side effects. Its why I dont vax my DD too.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page