can we talk about mercury again? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I've been thinking about this and have been meaning to post...but lets talk about fish and mercury and lets talk about Japan.

I love sushi. Japan loves sushi. Especially Ahi which is tuna.

so, how does all that fish which means all that mercury (Tuna is one of the highest) interplay with and again, lets talk about vaccines..... even if mercury has been removed from many.. (not all)...

what is the cummulative effect? anyone know about autism in Japan? What about addhd? What about altzheimers...?

know what I mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
...anyone speak Japanese and look things up without us having to go to the CDC and trusting their interpretetion?
#3 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 03:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where the heck did Alexander go??

Does mercury get worked out of your system somehow?? Or is it stored for good?

#4 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Ame

I have a list of resources about mercury, most is in relation to amalgam fillings (silver fillings) HERE

Some peoples bodies are better at flushing out more of the mercury than others....however if that person experiences a change in health/stress/etc. that persons body will be less effective at flushing out mercury (and other toxins). The mercury is retained in the the tissues, including but not limited to the brain. There are certain dietary measures that you can take to help your body flush out more of the mercury, but none are highly effective.

If you are pregnant, a young child, or a person who has a history of neuro-degenetative disease in the family (Alzheimers, ALS, MS, etc.) ...then it is best to stay far away from high mercury sources.
#5 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 08:13 AM

Are there any statistics on eastern Asians and their rates of adhd, autism, or alzheimers for the US? They probably don't break things down by ethnicity, but maybe that would be someplace to start? If anyone knows of an area that is heavily populated by the Japanese/other Asians, typically?

I know, I'm grasping here.

Another thing I'm thinking about is eastern/Oriental medicine. Even if something does go wrong, after shots, or with the chemicals in the food, people who practice a more holistic type of healing culturally seem to be able to have better success with healing things, or helping themselves.

And there's the teas, and the brown rice, and the seaweed, etc.

So, maybe it's there, but they know how to *fix* it.

#6 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
So, maybe it's there, but they know how to *fix* it.
maybe.
#7 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Ame

I don't have statisics regarding Asians...but my husband and his family are Asian so I do have a bit of first hand knowledge, ina dition to all my research on mercury.

The best way to remove mercury from your body is through healthy eating and regular waste/toxin disposal (bowel movements). Because Asians typically eat a healthier diet and eat sea weeds/vegetables (which bind to mercury and help flush it from your body) and other foods that are considered "mercury magnets" significantly more than traditional US diets - YES you could be right that they are ingesting as much or more mercury and are not as affected by it because of thier diet.
#8 of 9 Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM

Maybe it's not there at all? Isn't mercury caused by pollution and chemical dumping etc. Do they just not have as much of that junk there by chance?
#9 of 9 Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 PM

Hi, this looks like an old thread, not sure if it's worth following but here goes. I live in Japan, over 6yrs now, ds is 13mos. Mercury is a major concern for me since we eat a LOT of fish. I was able to get mercury-free shots while pg (I am Rh-) and am still debating vax, though local pediatrician has assured me that I can get single mercury-free doses.
ADD/ADHD and autism are on the rise here (or at least diagnoses are), much as in NA. Parents are JUST NOW starting to get together, study and share info. I have no idea about Alzheimer's, sorry.
Really, what troubles me the most here is the lack of readily available information. "Just go look it up" can turn into a very daunting task, language issues aside. By and large people still believe what government and big companies tell them... it takes a lot to get a straight answer out of anyone, even in social small talk. And yes there is just as much pollution and chemical dumping. Japan is highly industrialized and very densely populated: just under 1/2 the population of the US packed into an area slightly smaller than California.
The traditional JP diet is healthy, yes, but not terribly popular. Fast food abounds... and by the way hardly anyone eats brown rice here! People think we are such freaks for eating it.
Anyway I would love to know what the CDC says, cuz some info would be better than none at all.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page